What's new

Hydropower station opens in Pakistan

NOWorNEVER

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Neelum-Jhelum Hydropower Station in Pakistan, built by China Gezhouba Corp (CGGC), began generating electricity on Friday, according to a statement on the WeChat account of CGGC over the weekend.

Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the prime minister of Pakistan, said at the opening ceremony that the hydropower station is a pilot project for the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor and part of wider cooperation between China and Pakistan in infrastructure.
http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1098206.shtml

It was ZERO on July 06, 2018 at least. I was there!

Sir you simply just can't add it to your system before testing.
Earlier it was mentioned in news that this project is on trial run so zero power in system.

how much 950 MW or less
water flow is reduced after Krishan Ganga Dam even during peak time. So don't expect it to produce electricity at max.

Sir you simply just can't add it to your system before testing.
Earlier it was mentioned in news that this project is on trial run so zero power in system.

water flow is reduced after Krishan Ganga Dam even during peak time. So don't expect it to produce electricity at max.
Sir it was not RUNNING on the day i was there. Its not about producing electricity, it was not running.

Sir it was not RUNNING on the day i was there. Its not about producing electricity, it was not running.
I don't mean your info is false. just want to add that after trial run shut down is expected for maintenance or there is some major issue or project was launched in hurry for election.

I don't mean your info is false. just want to add that after trial run shut down is expected for maintenance or there is some major issue or project was launched in hurry for election.
Sir the project was under trial run for a few days, not even many weeks. It have been closed for months since then, no maintenance work going on, the plant is shut. Reasons unknown, expect more info to come out in next few months.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom