What's new

Husain Haqqani's Influence in Trump White House

RiazHaq

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
http://www.riazhaq.com/2018/01/husain-haqqanis-influence-in-trump.html

Do you know that Pakistan's ex Ambassador Husain Haqqani co-authored a paper in 2016 with current US National Security staffer Lisa Curtis calling for tough US policy against Pakistan?

Is it true that Trump's highly insulting and threatening New Year tweet against Pakistan reflects Husain Haqqani's old narrativein his 2013 book "Magnificent Delusions"?

Does Haqqani not argue in essence that Pakistanis are extraordinarily clever in deceiving the United States and its highly sophisticated policymakers who have been taken for a ride by Pakistanis for over 6 decades?

Why is Haqqani so determined to get a superpower to hurt the country where he was born, raised and educated? Is he not a modern day Benedict Arnold? Mir Jaffar? Mir Sadiq? Where's his loyalty? Where's his gratitude?

Azad Labon Ke Sath (ALKS) host Faraz Darvesh discusses these questions with Misbah Azam and Riaz Haq (www.riazhaq.com)

Related Links:

Haq's Musings

Is Trump Taking Advice From Husain Haqqani?

Pakistan, China "Experts": Husain Haqqani, Minxin Pei and Gordon Chang

Profit Motives of Authors Bashing Pakistan

Tarek Fatah vs Riaz Haq on India, Pakistan and Muslims

Indian Sponsored Terror in Pakistan

700,000 Indian Soldiers Vs 10 Million Kashmiris

Gen Petraeus Debunks Allegations of Duplicity Against Pakistan

Blackberry Transcripts Sealed Haqqani's Fate in Memogate

Debunking Gall-Haqqani-Paul Narrative About Pakistan

Debunking Mr. Haqqani's Op Ed "Pakistan's Elusive Quest for Parity"

Doval Doctrine

http://www.riazhaq.com/2018/01/husain-haqqanis-influence-in-trump.html

Why exactly is Hussain Haqqani so against Pakistan? There's a limit to being a traitor.
lol I don't think Hussain Haqqani is against Pakistan because the result of his actions are doing good to Pakistan. Trump and Haqqani are a blessing to Pakistan. Just look around you Pakistan is uniting the spirit of Nationalism is flourishing, Pakistan is breaking the chain and evolving into a better and far more powerful force. If you have friendship of Iron like China then such traitors like Haqqani cannot damage you.

lol I don't think Hussain Haqqani is against Pakistan because the result of his actions are doing good to Pakistan. Trump and Haqqani are a blessing to Pakistan. Just look around you Pakistan is uniting the spirit of Nationalism is flourishing, Pakistan is breaking the chain and evolving into a better and far more powerful force. If you have friendship of Iron like China then such traitors like Haqqani cannot damage you.
Yeah I understand that but I am asking why he hates Pakistan so much. Where does his spite for his motherland come from? Genuinely curious. It can't be that he's some genius who knew it would take US threats to unite them. He's been doing this for a long time and has even advocated that Pakistan give up its nuclear weapons.

Yeah I understand that but I am asking why he hates Pakistan so much. Where does his spite for his motherland come from? Genuinely curious.
It is not a New thing this kind of People have existed in Subcontinent from the time of Mir Qasim and Mir Jafar, it is in their geans.

It is not a New thing this kind of People have existed in Subcontinent from the time of Mir Qasim and Mir Jafar, it is in their geans.
It is just weird to me to see someone so against their own state. It can't just be a random thing there has to be a logical reason. I don't know his history but having watched his interviews and reading his articles it is just freaky how much he hates Pakistan. The only thing I understand him on is religious prosecution.

It is just weird to me to see someone so against their own state. It can't just be a random thing there has to be a logical reason. I don't know his history but having watched his interviews and reading his articles it is just freaky how much he hates Pakistan. The only thing I understand him on is religious prosecution.
It is money people will do any thing for money. Give good money to Trump and he will sell all of USA to you. Just go to Trump tower and some where is any country and spend good money there for few days and Some one from Trump's circle will contact you then spend more and get any thing done you want.

Where does his spite for his motherland come from?

upload_2018-1-7_12-5-54.png

It pays $$$ & safety to go against Pakistan.

#Trump's insulting language against #Pakistan and "get tough" was opposed by @StateDept (Tillerson) and #PENTAGON (Mattis) but Gen McMaster and Lisa Curtis prevailed in getting #Trump to adopt a policy in a paper she co-wrote in 2016 with Husain Haqqani

The C.I.A.’s Maddening Relationship with Pakistan

By Nicholas Schmidle3:56 P.M.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-cias-maddening-relationship-with-pakistan

Trump’s national-security adviser, H. R. McMaster, has endorsed a harder line against Pakistan as part of a plan to reinvigorate the war against the Taliban in Afghanistan. Last year, McMaster saw a report by Lisa Curtis, a research fellow at the Heritage Foundation, and Husain Haqqani, the former Pakistani Ambassador to the U.S. (and of no relation to the Haqqani network in North Waziristan), titled “A New U.S. Approach to Pakistan.” In it, Curtis and Haqqani argue that the Trump Administration should “stop chasing the mirage” that Pakistan might change its approach to confronting certain terrorist groups without the threat of withholding aid. “Pakistan is not an American ally,” they write.
McMaster asked Curtis—an experienced Pakistan analyst who had worked at the C.I.A. and the State Department—to join the national-security council as the senior director for South and Central Asia. The paper she co-wrote with Haqqani has become the “blueprint” for Trump’s Pakistan policy, according to a source familiar with the Administration’s deliberations. After last week’s suspension of aid, the question is, what next? In their paper, Curtis and Haqqani propose that the U.S. might threaten to designate Pakistan a “state sponsor of terrorism,” which could cause a near-total rupture in relations between the two countries and, perhaps, even the sanctioning of current and former Pakistani officials.
Pentagon and State Department officials have resisted the new hard-line approach, citing the risk that Pakistan could cut off the land and air routes that the U.S. uses to supply American forces in Afghanistan. State Department officials were also reportedly blindsided by Trump’s tweets last week. (Defense Secretary Mattis has repeatedly discouraged other Administration officials from issuing ultimatums. A senior defense official told me, of Mattis, “He’s still making his case.”) The senior Administration official disputed claims that the Defense and State Departments were not part of developing the new approach, and the characterization of Curtis and Haqqani’s paper as the “blueprint” for the policy change. “There is a robust interagency process,” the official told me. “There are many people involved in the policy process. There is a deliberative process.”
More importantly, the official said, last week’s announcement reflected the Trump Administration’s “broader strategy” in Afghanistan: a political settlement between the Afghan government and the Taliban. But, the official added, “We believe that so long as the Taliban and the Haqqani network feel they have a safe haven in Pakistan, they will be less motivated to come to the negotiating table.”
One of the former intelligence officials said that he sympathized with Trump’s stern position. But expecting the I.S.I. to dump the Haqqanis and the Taliban struck him as being as naïve and Pollyannaish as blaming America’s failures in Afghanistan on Pakistan. “Even if Pakistan becomes the most benign country in the world, Afghanistan is not going to be Switzerland,” he said.

The so-called expert to America is Hussain Haqqani. Yes, i will not be surprised if he gave Trump disastrous advice.
Then the question is why is Pakistan's position so weak, that its entire force of diplomats, ambassadors, intelligentsia, civil and military leadership got outwitted by a single mole all alone?
There is criminal incompetency shown on diplomatic and political front by Pakistan's leadership and it should be admitted.

There's no one I hate more than H.Haqqani and Tarek Fatah. If every Pakistani of Chicago donated $1 we could pay a pro hitman to take care of him :partay:

Acre withstood crusader onslaught until it was betrayed by one man.

#Trump's insulting language against #Pakistan and "get tough" was opposed by @StateDept (Tillerson) and #PENTAGON (Mattis) but Gen McMaster and Lisa Curtis prevailed in getting #Trump to adopt a policy in a paper she co-wrote in 2016 with Husain Haqqani

The C.I.A.’s Maddening Relationship with Pakistan

By Nicholas Schmidle3:56 P.M.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-cias-maddening-relationship-with-pakistan

Trump’s national-security adviser, H. R. McMaster, has endorsed a harder line against Pakistan as part of a plan to reinvigorate the war against the Taliban in Afghanistan. Last year, McMaster saw a report by Lisa Curtis, a research fellow at the Heritage Foundation, and Husain Haqqani, the former Pakistani Ambassador to the U.S. (and of no relation to the Haqqani network in North Waziristan), titled “A New U.S. Approach to Pakistan.” In it, Curtis and Haqqani argue that the Trump Administration should “stop chasing the mirage” that Pakistan might change its approach to confronting certain terrorist groups without the threat of withholding aid. “Pakistan is not an American ally,” they write.
McMaster asked Curtis—an experienced Pakistan analyst who had worked at the C.I.A. and the State Department—to join the national-security council as the senior director for South and Central Asia. The paper she co-wrote with Haqqani has become the “blueprint” for Trump’s Pakistan policy, according to a source familiar with the Administration’s deliberations. After last week’s suspension of aid, the question is, what next? In their paper, Curtis and Haqqani propose that the U.S. might threaten to designate Pakistan a “state sponsor of terrorism,” which could cause a near-total rupture in relations between the two countries and, perhaps, even the sanctioning of current and former Pakistani officials.
Pentagon and State Department officials have resisted the new hard-line approach, citing the risk that Pakistan could cut off the land and air routes that the U.S. uses to supply American forces in Afghanistan. State Department officials were also reportedly blindsided by Trump’s tweets last week. (Defense Secretary Mattis has repeatedly discouraged other Administration officials from issuing ultimatums. A senior defense official told me, of Mattis, “He’s still making his case.”) The senior Administration official disputed claims that the Defense and State Departments were not part of developing the new approach, and the characterization of Curtis and Haqqani’s paper as the “blueprint” for the policy change. “There is a robust interagency process,” the official told me. “There are many people involved in the policy process. There is a deliberative process.”
More importantly, the official said, last week’s announcement reflected the Trump Administration’s “broader strategy” in Afghanistan: a political settlement between the Afghan government and the Taliban. But, the official added, “We believe that so long as the Taliban and the Haqqani network feel they have a safe haven in Pakistan, they will be less motivated to come to the negotiating table.”
One of the former intelligence officials said that he sympathized with Trump’s stern position. But expecting the I.S.I. to dump the Haqqanis and the Taliban struck him as being as naïve and Pollyannaish as blaming America’s failures in Afghanistan on Pakistan. “Even if Pakistan becomes the most benign country in the world, Afghanistan is not going to be Switzerland,” he said.
Such illegitimate children of the likes of soros foundation, rand corp, AIPAC are the most significant threat.

Pakistan has no time to focus on these moron traitor like haqqani and tareq fateh

The so-called expert to America is Hussain Haqqani. Yes, i will not be surprised if he gave Trump disastrous advice.

But that’s not just it, there’s a lot of Indian lobbying too. Raj Shah is a spokesman and Nikki represents US in U.N. the reality is irrespective of how much ‘American’ they appear to be - deep down there’s still a sense of Indian value which is used to influence certain decisions. Especially after the Modi administration have strengthened ties with Israel who has a MAJOR role and control on parts of America.

Back
Top Bottom