What's new

Humza Ali Abbasi's Message for Karachi residents.

And what would he get by "acting" in such a video?

Don't cross limits of insanity, my friend.

People across Pakistan (from whatever party) feel frustrated (and sometimes even offended!) that a large number of Pakistanis do not regard themselves as Pakistanis but prefer to go by "Muhajir," and then support a party which is proven to be a criminal actor in terms of killings/bhatta khori, has admitted links to RAW, has asked India to "save them from Pakistan" and has openly called for NATO intervention in the country.

Do not cut yourself completely from the rest of Pakistan. This is your homeland...entire Pakistan, not just Karachi.

Whats worst is that you folks are educated and have a choice--unlike rural, mostly less-educated Sindhis being dominated by feudal lords. Yet, you openly put your ethnicity before Pakistan. I was seeing on facebook MQMers celebrating the win of "their people (Urdu speakers)" and were glad that Mayor would be an Urdu speaking guy (whoever it is!)

Punjabis have voted for PML(N), PPP, and PML(Q) in the past and have given them their leadership.

Pashtuns have voted so-called "Islamic parties" to secular-nationalist ANP to newly emerged PTI.

Sindhis, rural Sindhis, do not even have a choice to vote anything but PPP overlords of theirs.

But you folks...man...you folks just don't care about Pakistan as a nation-state it seems. You just care about your identity of being Indian-Urdu speaking Muhajirs (even though the term is so offensive to rest of Pakistanis). Even after living in Pakistan for generations, you prefer to call yourself Muhajir and not Pakistani? Even after being educated and well-off, you just care about your ethnicity and nothing else. No sense of national belonging, no sense of love for the nation above personal ethnic interests?

This really saddens me.
also it really saddens me ,that peoples like you lecturing smaller communities to become only Pakistanis , but you yourself never wanted to give up , your Punjabi/Sindhi/Baluchi/pushtun identities ?
Its looks so biased , lecturing others on pakistaniyat while , own self being nothing else then a ethnic idol ?
There are so called super ,patriotic baluchi nationalist s waging war with state , openly claiming the independence from Pakistani state why still they been declared innocent baluchis ?
In 2015/16 this lecture of biased pakistaniyat has no value , if you yourself can't deny the stupid ethinicity flags on your heads ?
Change the name of punjab ,SINDH ,BALUCHISTAN same as KPK , then come & make more provinces , then lecture others ?
For hamza ali Abbasi types , come in to politics fight a election in Karachi , win it do something good for Karachi , then tell us what you feel , instead being a stupid media messege of political front , which was repeatedly rejected in Karachi politically .

Last edited:
also it really saddens me ,that peoples like you lecturing smaller communities to become only Pakistanis , but you yourself never wanted to give up , your Punjabi/Sindhi/Baluchi/pushtun identities ?
Its looks so biased , lecturing others on pakistaniyat while , own self being nothing else then a ethnic idol ?
There are so called super ,patriotic baluchi nationalist s waging war with state , openly claiming the independence from Pakistani state why still they been declared innocent baluchis ?
In 2015/16 this lecture of biased pakistaniyat has no value , if you yourself can't deny the stupid ethinicity flags on your heads ?
Change the name of punjab ,SINDH ,BALUCHISTAN same as KPK , then come & make more provinces , then lecture others ?
For hamza ali Abbasi types , come in to politics fight a election in Karachi , win it do something good for Karachi , then tell us what you feel , instead being a stupid media messege of political front , which was repeatedly rejected in Karachi politically .

I do not define myself as a "Punjabi" before Pakistani.

I define myself Pakistani Muslim first and foremost--and that's it.

Same goes for overwhelming majority of Punjabis...especially the youth. Nobody defines themselves by their ethnic identity in Punjab. You see, you think everybody is like you who put their ethnic identity above Pakistan--but we are not. Not everybody is like you folks----and that's the reason Pakistan is still surviving as a nation state.

Brilliant....Awesome....Mind Blowing....See Karachi is not orphan. People love it, care about it and try to own it. :smitten:

Same goes for overwhelming majority of Punjabis...especially the youth. Nobody defines themselves by their ethnic identity in Punjab. You see, you think everybody is like you who put their ethnic identity above Pakistan--but we are not. Not everybody is like you folks----and that's the reason Pakistan is still surviving as a nation state.

Here is something you should read. It will end your prejudice. A comment i am copying over here, found on ET by a Karachiite addressing Hamza's video. Whats say?

Hamza, I have very carefully listened to your comment addressing MQM voters and reminding them of committing mistakes by electing MQM time and again. You are educated individual and i assume you have lived in Karachi in your early struggling days.I am sure you are aware of dynamics of Karachi, its people and for sure the politics of the city.
Mohajir – Personally I alongwith millions of people like me would not call ourselves a mohajir after being born and raised in Karachi but sad and very unfortunate this TITLE was given to us NOT by MQM but the elite bureaucracy and establishment of Pakistan. As a student completing initial education from schools it was time for me to get in college and thats where I faced first hurdle of not getting admissions in med school or engineering college as there were NO quota available in schools for local student. I was kept on waiting list while I was noticing students from other provinces with lesser grades were getting admission promptly. How heart breaking is that?This was my first discrimination of life.

Then I stepped into practical life of getting a profession with my educational background. Here again I was ignored and set aside with same rhetoric NO JOB QUOTA available. You will be amazed and shocked to know back in the days government job openings in all major Newspapers used to have “APPLICANTS WHO ARE GRADUATE FROM KARACHI UNIVERSITY NEED NOT APPLY”. This was my second discrimination of life and hit me face on like a freight train. How pathetic is that?

Having above experiences I realized and had feelings what if I was born in Larkana or Lahore or Peshawar or Quetta would I had to go through such dilemma? I realized I was being addressed as Mohajir and my domicile of Karachi was worth nothing more than a piece of paper.

Hamza I am not aware if you ever went through these hurdles of life at initial stages but ask me and millions of others whose families (old parents brothers and sisters) cherish and keep dreaming of better quality of life once their child is educated and start earning.My parents sold each and every valuable of their lifetime to get me educated and wait for dreams to come true. This is hardship and surely we deserve better. All those scar and hurtful emotions has today brought me to an edge where I call myself a PROUD MOHAJIR as it may sound bitter to all other people of Pakistan but what i said is TRUE and based on personal experiences.

Hamza please try to win hearts and minds of people of Karachi. We dont hate any one but do you not think we deserve a better life as any other Pakistanis.Please understand why Karachi is for MQM. You must live with Karachites and understand their sorrows, grief and share happiness and this you could only learn and do when you live and die with us.

Thats nice that Pakistan still exists in you !but why this name "punjab or sindh" exits in Pakistan ?
& what peoples of those places identify themselves ?Afghani ?
No , its their right ,to identify themselves from the area they belong too, its not a sin , nor a crime even that's nice for them & for others .
But they need to be same nice to others , who been denied their identifies since 60 years of the creation of Pakistan ?
Mohajirs ,hazaras ,seraikies all are good Pakistanis & if they want their own identities its not a crime or a sin by any ethics ?
Its their political , regional ,economical right which can be given to them in any democratic system ?
If they can win a popular public mandate in their respective areas ?
Well , I don't think that no Punjabi /phustun /mohajir /Sindhi /Baluchi /serikis /hazaras are above & bigger Pakistanis from each & among of them ?
We can't serve patriotism certificated of our likes to any one ?
Only thing we lack as a nation , is to understand the brother hood , which quaid e Azam thought for ?
As for hamza Abbasi , he is just another paid tool of a political party ,, which is dying in politics because of its common understanding of the peoples of Pakistan .

Back
Top Bottom