Country
India
Ranks

China 92

India 134

Pakistan 141

Nepal 143

Bangladesh 146

can you post the links for the complete UNHRC report from the UN website? i am too lazy to do so...

Sri Lanka commendable, for such a small country, experiencing internal strife for over 2 decades, and battered bad by the tsunami in 2004. Shows what you can do when you look within and roll up your sleeves, as opposed to the easier option of whining and polishing your begging bowl ......

That said I wonder what the human development indices are for the Tamil minority as opposed to the Sinhalese majority.

Cheers, Doc

Why Asianz over 100 ??

Because we spend our money on Military hardware thats it.... spending on Navy Army Airforce Missile etc.. If we spend our budget on our people maybe we also in top 50s...

Why Asianz over 100 ??

Because we spend our money on Military hardware thats it.... spending on Navy Army Airforce Missile etc.. If we spend our budget on our people maybe we also in top 50s...

I think it could also due some religious fanatics in the country. If there was any way to terminate some people like Thackerey, Modi and Advani - Indian HDI will jump 20 points just like that!

Those criminals escape the court system because there is not sufficient evidence and no way to convict them. I felt like laughing when Advani talked about secularism. What a hypocrite!

HDI index is based on
1) Life expectancy at birth.
2) Literacy rate.
3) Per capita income.

Every country have their own definition on them. So you guys should not take HDI index literally instead you should investigate every one of them separately with definition.

The only reason india is ahead of Pakistan is because it has higher literacy and a slightly higher GDP per capita. Life expectancy is still higher in Pakistan, for some reason.

The only reason india is ahead of Pakistan is because it has higher literacy and a slightly higher GDP per capita. Life expectancy is still higher in Pakistan, for some reason.

Ya, but Pakistan still don't have data about life expectancy of their several areas where there control is much less. Also, India need to do a lot to come up and first and last step is to improve education and health.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom