What's new

HUM commander pledges allegiance to Islamic State, says ISI threatening him

Reaction score
Country
India
HUM commander pledges allegiance to Islamic State, says ISI threatening him

NEW DELHI: Indian intelligence agencies have been informed that Umar Khalifa, commander of Harkat-Ul-Mujahideen in Kashmir, has announced his exit from the outfit and pledged allegiance to Islamic State.
In audio and text message posted on Telegram channels, Khalifa aka Ishfaq Ahmed Sofi also denounced the ISI calling them as Murtad (apostate). He has accused the ISI of threatening his family and demanding ransom for his exit.
While the development is being seen as a setback to Pakistan and ISI, it is also expected to have significant impact on the war against jihad in Kashmir as it could further bolster the presence of IS in the valley, sources said.

HUM was founded by a former Osama Bin Laden aide, Maulana Fazlur Rehman Khalil, and Maulana Masood Azhar in late nineties.

Khalifa belongs to Sopore in Baramulla area of Kashmir. Khalifa and his aide Sameer had thrown a grenade at the 82 CRPF battalion in Srinagar in November 2015 and injured 13 soldiers, ahead of prime minister Narendra Modi’s visit.
He and four others (see pic) had been arrested in 2016 while trying to resurrect the group which had been wiped out from the valley in 2012. At that time, Khalifa's handler was identified as Sajjad Shaheen aka Ahmad Afghani, an Afghan war veteran who had been handling the outfits operation in Pakistan.

In the message released through its Telegram channels, Khalifa says, "Alhamdulillha.. I am ishfaq ahmed Sofi aka Umar Khalifa, son of mushtaq ahmed.. resident of Sopore Kashmir.. I am fortunate enough that after proper research and my thirst to seek the truth I made barra (disassociation ) from all the organizations specially the militant organistaions of Kashmir and rest of the world. I am fortunate enough to become one of the soldiers of Islamic state."
65123580.jpg

"Today I publicly announce my disassociation from the Harkatul Mujahideen, organization run by Murtad ISI and establishment of taghoot of democratic Pakistan. I publicly announce that Sheikh Abu bakr Al Baghdadi. Al qureshi is my commander and khalif," he further says.
He also warns that ISI and others are threatening him and his family and demanding ransom but he is not worried.
"I am sure the organization and salves of Pakistani ISI will threaten your families and relatives, just like the people from Hizb tried to threaten the family of Firdous bhai ( May Allah accept ). These days the group Harkatul mujahideen is not only threating my family but also demanding ransom from them. This is nothing but their show of character which inshaallah will be revealed in front of everyone."
"In this moment I would like to invite all of those young men who really want to establish the Shariah of Allah on this land that they follow the path of Emir Eisa , Khattab bhai and Burhan Musaib Bhai ( May Allah accept all of them as shaheed )."

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/hu...-isi-threatening-him/articleshow/65123388.cms

Just for pure argument sake, how come this be taken as negative? If ISI identified someone with extremist tendencies (which he has clearly proved by joining ISIS), and threatened him, it should be taken as a good intention on part of ISI. Real question is, by him joining Deash, clearly someone else is sponsoring this phenomena in that part of the world. It is clearly not ISI. So who is sponsoring ISIS there?

Why is terrorists given tabloid Page 3 Status in India?

Why is India arming ISIS?

There's apparently only one Salafi mosque in Srinagar and India allows it to receive foreign funding. Raises eyebrows, doesn't it.

Indian new policy to get Western countries attention. Soon, all Kashmiri democratic movements will be aligned with ISIS. Welcome to world of Indian media.
The horrors of ISI.

Wow again it shows Hindutva Rape Republic of Gangadesh (HRRG) showing support for ISIS while Pakistan opposing the terrorism. No wonder 13 Gangadeshi terrorists were killed in MOAB attack on ISIS in Afghanistan.

So he switched to RAW
Soon to be seen videos of him executing intelligentsia of Kashmir from their educated classes to destroy the very nationalistic roots the movement had taken and which are leaving both their intelligence and military leadership perplexed on how to end.

Their solution may be imported. After all, ISIS "emerged" after it was surmised that Iraq was too nationalist to just be US puppets and Syria was too much under US-Israeli influence. So create a local supposed "hyper-religious" faction and use pan-Islamic ideals to create local and foreign recruits. Embed assets from countries that both look and speak the language aka people from state of Israel and certain GCC nations.

This suggestion wasnt borne out of an Indian mind alone but inspired. It is an effective solution since recruits can be found in the seminaries and alienated Muslims of India pretty easily. In addition, it also has the dangerous potential of influencing mujahid groups who ply around Pakistan as the Kashmir cause is quite dear and any purported inaction on part of Pakistan can have any of these goats that form the fodder for these mujahid groups to turn.

It took minds who may not be essentially brighter but emotionally disconnected from the Kashmir issue than those next door, with dedicated wings on Islamic theology, population sentiments of Pakistan and Kashmir along with a strong connection with RAW.

Soon to be seen videos of him executing intelligentsia of Kashmir from their educated classes to destroy the very nationalistic roots the movement had taken and which are leaving both their intelligence and military leadership perplexed on how to end.

Their solution may be imported. After all, ISIS "emerged" after it was surmised that Iraq was too nationalist to just be US puppets and Syria was too much under US-Israeli influence. So create a local supposed "hyper-religious" faction and use pan-Islamic ideals to create local and foreign recruits. Embed assets from countries that both look and speak the language aka people from state of Israel and certain GCC nations.

This suggestion wasnt borne out of an Indian mind alone but inspired. It is an effective solution since recruits can be found in the seminaries and alienated Muslims of India pretty easily. In addition, it also has the dangerous potential of influencing mujahid groups who ply around Pakistan as the Kashmir cause is quite dear and any purported inaction on part of Pakistan can have any of these goats that form the fodder for these mujahid groups to turn.

It took minds who may not be essentially brighter but emotionally disconnected from the Kashmir issue than those next door, with dedicated wings on Islamic theology, population sentiments of Pakistan and Kashmir along with a strong connection with RAW.

Irrespective of the motivations for this apparent change in ideology, what baffles me the most is the almost absurd naivete of the Kashmiri separatists and dissidents regarding Indian response.

The Kashmiris wanted war, they got one. And now they are asking "why are the Indians attacking?" From the steady drawdown of fighting forces from Kashmir throughout 2000s to the now extensive redeployment since 2015, it wasn't India which wanted to escalate in Kashmir. The number of security checkpoints even in Srinagar had begun decreasing by end of 2011.

What were the Kashmiris expecting? They could go on the offensive and India would simply lick its wounds and pull back? Did they not expect that the more they pushed India into a corner the Indians would begin experimenting with more dangerous concepts? That India would begin tinkering with old concepts like Ikhwan? That India would use whatever it could get its hands on, even weaponize radicalism, to pummel the hostile resistance?

And then these same naive men imagine that the only requirement to pressurize India is a steady increase in violence. What is the worst that could happen? Kashmiris could try to turn it into Syria. But they would run out of bodies to throw long before they begin to impact India's strategic calculus.

India contends, rightly or wrongly, that this war is a battle for its long term survival. Whatever the cost it has to pay, whatever the price it has to extract, it will pay in blood. What do the Kashmiris do now?

The occupant is the aggressor, you idiot. Not the occupied.

Just for pure argument sake, how come this be taken as negative? If ISI identified someone with extremist tendencies (which he has clearly proved by joining ISIS), and threatened him, it should be taken as a good intention on part of ISI. Real question is, by him joining Deash, clearly someone else is sponsoring this phenomena in that part of the world. It is clearly not ISI. So who is sponsoring ISIS there?

What if every other Memebers and small groups leave the idea of Independent Kashmir and join IS in the valley ????
Now IS is the Global terror group so the world view on Kashmiris will change..Which Pakistan doesn't want..
and India can go in with a full thrust..

ISI dont threaten. They would have terminated him.

You thinkbthey would have allowed him this media..loooool...bullsjit story

Why is terrorists given tabloid Page 3 Status in India?

Why is India arming ISIS?

So that India can legitimise it's war against terror (as ISIS is known bad as*holes of the world)...denouncing the notion that Kashmir struggle is a local movement......and then can easily beat the shit out of Kashmiri separatists and who so ever is against India. I guess this plan is in consultation with Israel as it is exactly what Israel tried in Iraq/Syria (by pitting ISIS against Shia states)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom