What's new

Huge Projects of Türkiye

Anyone saying that it wasn't a mall should check out the initial renders. Might want to check out the Turkish section of skyscrapercity.

The forests of ODTU thing, the part where the highway was built, was planned like a decade ago. Also if you factor in gas omission of cars, than it is better for the environment that the highway was built over the ODTU ground because it serves as a shortcut. Shorter distance is less gas omissions. I know this, because I had actually followed this ODTU discussion thing. And was kind of disappointed that University student's weren't able to come to this conclusion themselves by analyzing it, or come up with a solid counter argument. But I understand the reason they protest is for the sake of protesting against the government, with the tree's only being an excuse (or that's the impression I get, at least).
Sh*tty argument, there could be an underground tunnel, there could be an elevated highway built over columns, there could be no highway at all. Trains don't emit any harmful gasses, there could be subways, railroads, cables. You can't chop off whole forests just because upper-middle class wants the comfort of their cars.

The mayor's were elected by the people of the city's. Which gives them the authority to engage in projects like these. Otherwise there is no point in electing a mayor.
I don't want to derail this topic with the Gezi protests, but I do wanna respond to this. Yeah sure, you have the right to protest. But what was the point of protesting for weeks on end? It only served to getting the population uneasy and irritated against each other. Us still discussing this problem is evidence of this.
Also, what have we gained from these protests?
What have we lost from these protests?
And was it worth it?
Mayors are elected with ninety percent ideological reasons. What chance K. Topbaş had if he was running under TKP? The fact that he won the elections doesn't make his actions any more moral. And the fact that people have voted doesn't take away their constitutional right to protest what he's doing.
What we have gained from this protests is that we taught the tyrant that he can't walk over us. He might have fooled the majority of voters but we won't go down so easy.
We have lost 8 of our young brothers, but we won't be intimidated by any amount of violence and killing, this is our country.
I'm the one who should be asking... was it worth it?
He thinks he's doing all the great things... and he's shocked that we're not grateful.

This type of sentiment is exactly the problem in Turkey right now. People that either hate or love a political party/movement/ideology way too much. If this happens, you can't stand anyone or anything that is different/has a different opinion and your own opinion being full of stereotypes and generalizations. But that we are like this is not your or my fault though, even-though we do contribute to this problem with our behavior. It is mostly the fault of Turkish media and politicians, and ironically they are the one's saying that Turkey is polarized, but also are the one's contributing to this polarization the most. That is exactly why events like Gezi protests (or any other events like these) start. Some journalists/politicians are sincerely trying to make an effort against this polarization issue. But generally papers, tv-channels and political party's are contributing to this problem.
For instance, Erdogan calling the Gezi protesters provokers and such is contributing to this problem. Kilicdaroglu claiming Erdogan being a dictator is also contributing to this problem. And the list goes on sadly.
Erdogan is what he is, a tyrant with a low level of intellectuality who's made to believe that he's some sort of caliph.
He calls a 15 year old kid who was murdered by the order he gave "a terrorist" and has the audacity to negotiate with öcalan.
Bottom down anyone who doesn't support his opinions is a traitor, And anyone who does is a patriot.

Such a low intellectual being talking ont he tv is dangerous. I can talk here all day to put some sense into a certain individual. But the moment he goes on air, a whole country is listening to his poisonous talk. Filling everyone up with hate. We were hundreds of thousans of civilians in Gezi, %90 was joining a protest for the first time in their life. And we were up against a police force fed up with the idea that we're professional anarchists. People in this forum know who I am, and I am NOT a terrorist, but I could be killed there, and during my funeral he'd talk on tv, telling his followers what kind of a man I am.

He never knew Berkin, neither the people who follow him ever will. But he managed to make them believe he was a traitor.
I hate him with every neuron in my brain and you can't judge me, you don't know what I've been through.

When we open a tv channel and see an analyst, our first reflex is to figure out which ideology or political movement he/she is supporting. And when we notice he/she is from a different movement from the one that we support, we tend to just switch the channel because we don't/might not like what he/she has to say. What we need to learn is that the only way to grow as a nation is to listen to all opinions and weigh them against each other. The best way is to follow programs that host analysts with different opinions/support different political movements, so we can get well informed about the topic at hand and form our opinions accordingly.
Don't look at me, I think people who watch tv are stupid.

Last edited:
I searched about Marmaray a bit... YHT will use MARMARAY but daytime is a bit problem because of Marmaray metro density... Some also say YHT only will pass from 3rd bridge... But at night waggon trains will use Marmaray...

Edit: BTW i looked at Marmaray's web page and it doesn't talk about YHT... But others are right... Metro & train & waggon train...
I meant booth will use it like Marmaray.

Turkish peoples especially leadership and for most nation who chose them are gretest unlike us (pakistanis)

EXCAVATION FOR EURASIA TUNNEL BEGINS

691943_17249_19042014155712_12.jpg

Digging for the Eurasia tunnel, that will link the two continents, began as Prime Minister Erdoğan pushed the button to start the mammoth excavation machines on Saturday. If all goes according to plan, the tunnel is being expected to finish in October 2016.

When the tunnel is completed it will be the fourth way to cross from Europe to Asia and it would mark the first tunnel crossing the two continents. The traffic problem that Istanbul has faced in the past years is hoping to be solved with this tunnel.

Excavation for Eurasia Tunnel begins | Nation | Daily Sabah

Last edited:
EXCAVATION FOR EURASIA TUNNEL BEGINS

1397913930578.jpg

Digging for the Eurasia tunnel, that will link the two continents, began as Prime Minister Erdoğan pushed the button to start the mammoth excavation machines on Saturday. If all goes according to plan, the tunnel is being expected to finish in October 2016.

When the tunnel is completed it will be the fourth way to cross from Europe to Asia and it would mark the first tunnel crossing the two continents. The traffic problem that Istanbul has faced in the past years is hoping to be solved with this tunnel.

Excavation for Eurasia Tunnel begins | Nation | Daily Sabah

This photo is not from that project... It's about Prime Ministry Campus...

Erdoğan Yeni Başbakanlık Binası'nı inceledi - En son haber

erdogan_6420.jpg

basbakanlik_739.jpg

basbakanlik_7401.jpg

65031564_YCjdKSQ6Otp0EaaQmDaT4H2RpBIzktZnSMpo2siKSYM.jpg

47386669_GcmhZX13yVm16CeV94Q8gVWhusI6UCOoqgoQ5E8SOYg.jpg

erdogan_1187.jpg

This page is about new campus... They update it from time to time...

Başbakanlık Hizmet Binası Şantiyesi - Çankaya'da fotoğraflar

Current one...

a2f1f675-dd34-4d63-b8d2-c89fd77aeb40.jpg

basbakanlik_9140.jpg

karsilama_5424.jpg

Sh*tty argument, there could be an underground tunnel, there could be an elevated highway built over columns, there could be no highway at all. Trains don't emit any harmful gasses, there could be subways, railroads, cables. You can't chop off whole forests just because upper-middle class wants the comfort of their cars.
Railroads aren't an alternative to the ODTU road. What I mean with that is, the ODTU road has been built and is functional, but despite this, railroads need to be built. Number of cars on Turkish roads will still rise in the future, and public and logistic transport will rise as well. So railroads and motorways aren't an alternative to each other. But I am happy to say that there are railway developments in Turkey. In my opinion too slow and too late (we should have dealt with these infrastructure issue's in the 90 and 00's tbh). But better late than never. But once motorways are (largely) done, I'm sure they will concentrate their resources on railroads etc.

Mayors are elected with ninety percent ideological reasons. What chance K. Topbaş had if he was running under TKP? The fact that he won the elections doesn't make his actions any more moral. And the fact that people have voted doesn't take away their constitutional right to protest what he's doing.
What we have gained from this protests is that we taught the tyrant that he can't walk over us. He might have fooled the majority of voters but we won't go down so easy.
We have lost 8 of our young brothers, but we won't be intimidated by any amount of violence and killing, this is our country.
He thinks he's doing all the great things... and he's shocked that we're not grateful.

Erdogan is what he is, a tyrant with a low level of intellectuality who's made to believe that he's some sort of caliph.
He calls a 15 year old kid who was murdered by the order he gave "a terrorist" and has the audacity to negotiate with öcalan.
Bottom down anyone who doesn't support his opinions is a traitor, And anyone who does is a patriot.

Such a low intellectual being talking ont he tv is dangerous. I can talk here all day to put some sense into a certain individual. But the moment he goes on air, a whole country is listening to his poisonous talk. Filling everyone up with hate. We were hundreds of thousans of civilians in Gezi, %90 was joining a protest for the first time in their life. And we were up against a police force fed up with the idea that we're professional anarchists. People in this forum know who I am, and I am NOT a terrorist, but I could be killed there, and during my funeral he'd talk on tv, telling his followers what kind of a man I am.

He never knew Berkin, neither the people who follow him ever will. But he managed to make them believe he was a traitor.
I hate him with every neuron in my brain and you can't judge me, you don't know what I've been through.

Don't look at me, I think people who watch tv are stupid.
Moral or not, agree with it or not. Mayor's have the authority to make stuff like that happen. Court's have the authority to block projects, and sometimes projects do get blocked.

And yes, ideological reasons was and is the problem in Turkey right now. But this can change, when major political parties argue rationally over arguments and not over namecalling and slandering eachother. Calling eachother traitors if their oppinions differ from one another, like how Bahceli usually does because of his nationalistic ideology. Because however the climate is between the political parties, directly reflects on the media and the people of Turkey. And then we start calling each other names and think it is a disaster if one party or another wins the elections.
This is basicly how the political level in Turkey is right now, VERY LOW. And it saddens me to see that to be honest. Erdogan used to be better than this (first and second term), but the last few year he has been contributing to this problem more and more. Especially with the Gezi protests. Unlike Arinc and Gul (I'm sure you are not a fan of them either), Erdogan actually provoked people against himself and party.

For instance, Arinc and Erdogan usually say the exact same thing, but what differentiates their statemenst usually is that Arinc isn't aggressive and is more focused on the argument itself. While Erdogan is aggressive and basically calls all of his opponents out.
Arinc and Gul seem to be aware of the effect they can have on the people and act accordingly and responsibly. You can critisize them for their statements, but not usually not themselves. Erdogan, Kilicdaroglu, Bahceli etc don't seem to be aware of this fact (or are aware but ignore it) and aren't acting responsible in regard to their statements. I understand it is easy to talk aggressively, or slander your opponents, but this only has a negative effect on yourself and what you stand for (your political party in this case).

In recent elections for instance, CHP was only slandering AKP. Basicly all they said was 'don't vote AKP'. When I listen to Kilicdaroglu (or Bahceli etc.), I am looking for an answer to 'why should I vote for you?' and not 'why should I not vote for others?'.
I critisize Erdogan for being to aggressive, but I also critisize Bahceli and Kilicdaroglu for their competence as political leaders (this might sound harsh, but it is really disappointing for me to see their performance).

I know there is a reason for you to feel about Erdogan the way you do, and I fully understand that. This is due to Erdogan's own actions (obvously) but also media/political opponents who try slander him to the public. This slander isn't something recent either, it started way before he was even elected as prime-minister. Slandering each other in the media is sadly a trend that's been going on for decades and still continues unfortunately.
For instance Gul, he was boo'd during the finale of the Basketball championship, he really did not deserve that at all, but that is the effect of certain media outlets, political parties and ideological preferences. And this happened way before the Gezi protests as well. The Gezi protest is actually an explosion of frustration that was built up over the years because of stuff like that.

And a party like TKP will unlikely win a major election, because TKP themselves are highly ideological in that regard.

I do think AKP is doing great things and it shows during election times. I think AKP has a pretty solid performance, with some stuff that I might critisize. I think AKP's policies are pretty solid generally speaking. Sadly, I don't think there isn't a party out there that could (out)match AKP's performance currently. Usually I critisize Erdogan's behavior and not AKP's overall policies.

Also you posted of video of Erdogan. I am not sure what your point is with that video, but him being standing by his opinion of building the army barracks on Taksim can be seen as a positive attribute for a political leader. In a leader you don't want him to sway his opinion to quickly, because this can be seen as a weakness and give the impression he doesnt have a certain goal or ideal in mind. However he does need to be open to negotiations and provide rational and solid arguments as to why or why not. Him being stubborn in what he wants is actually what makes him succesfull and the reason why he gets so many votes, but this can also work against him. The trick is to find a good balance.

These and these types questions we all need to ask ourselves constantly. When I ask these questions to myself:

What have we gained by the Gezi protests?
- You are saying that with these protests you have taught Erdogan that he can't walk over you, but this doesn't really show in Erdogan's behavior. I personally don't see that as a gain because it's not showing in his behavior. However he did negotiate with the Gezi platform, so I guess that's a gain, albeit a small one.
- An experience for Turkey to learn from and make sure it doesn't happen again, or if it does happen that it gets managed better.
(I tried to think of some more gains, but I can't think of anything else. I even wrote in "experience" as a gain because I was struggling)

What have we lost?
- We lost 8 or 9 lives, had so many injured.
- Got the people of Turkey on edge and contributed to the polarization of our peope (eventhough the event is a product of polarization itself).
- Gives an impression of political instability in Turkey and effects potential foreign investers from investing in Turkey.
- Lost a lot of economical gains (stock fell from 90.000 to 60.000, currently at about 74.000) and interest rates went from 4% to over 10%.
- Gezi protests provided a platform to some provoking groups who used the oppertunity to provoke by throwing molotof cocktails and stone's to the police (in defence of the Gezi protesters, they did try to distance themselves from these types of groups).
- We are still dealing with the effects of this event, are still on edge because of it, and are still discussing it.

Was is worth it?
No.

Anyone saying that it wasn't a mall should check out the initial renders. Might want to check out the Turkish section of skyscrapercity.
I had checked the thread on Skyscraptercity, and the renders posted on 2012 were the same as the renders I posted in the video in the previous page. I'm sure there are some differences if you analyze it, but the building and major parts were the same. But it doesn't really matter what the initial project was, what's relevant is the project render that got approved and was being planned to be built.

Railroads aren't an alternative to the ODTU road.
WRONG
Look at Russia, look at France, look at the god damn Kazakhstan!
Railroads go EVERYWHERE if you insist on using your car you're gonna have to use two-lane even single-lane roads. In Kazakhstan roads are pretty much dirt roads, but massive railroad network. They got fast trains, VIP vagons, everything.

Moral or not, agree with it or not. Mayor's have the authority to make stuff like that happen. Court's have the authority to block projects, and sometimes projects do get blocked.

PROJECT WAS BLOCKED by the first july, they don't wait for court order, they don't give a sh*t about court order. You have a prime minister explicitly stating that he doesn't respect the court order. He did everything in his power to temper with the justice system & establish a pro-himself court system along with that Haşim Kılıç SOB in his pocket! He is NOT a statesman he's a tyrant who wants to control everything. He changed the shape of the EGM just because they went after corrupt ministers. Because they did their fvcking JOB.

If there was justice in this country, his party would've been closed for tempering with the secular system. Only reason why his party wasn't closed for tempering with the secular system was the motherf*cking SOB haşim kılıç's vote. A known puppet of AKP, whose daughter is married with Gül's son.

Erdogan isn't a legitimate prime minister, he's a tyrant, you talking about him like some normal politician is pissing me off here.

Also you posted of video of Erdogan. I am not sure what your point is with that video, but him being standing by his opinion of building the army barracks on Taksim can be seen as a positive attribute for a political leader. In a leader you don't want him to sway his opinion to quickly, because this can be seen as a weakness and give the impression he doesnt have a certain goal or ideal in mind. However he does need to be open to negotiations and provide rational and solid arguments as to why or why not. Him being stubborn in what he wants is actually what makes him succesfull and the reason why he gets so many votes, but this can also work against him. The trick is to find a good balance.
It's because some SOB in Ankara can not decide what's going to happen in my city, just because he got the votes from Diyarbakır. Look what your beloved mayor says here: Topbaş: Artık bir durağı bile halka soracağız - Genel Bakış- ntvmsnbc.com

That's why he won in İstanbul. Gökçek didn't win Gökçek cheated his way out.

These and these types questions we all need to ask ourselves constantly. When I ask these questions to myself:

What have we gained by the Gezi protests?
- You are saying that with these protests you have taught Erdogan that he can't walk over you, but this doesn't really show in Erdogan's behavior. I personally don't see that as a gain because it's not showing in his behavior. However he did negotiate with the Gezi platform, so I guess that's a gain, albeit a small one.
- An experience for Turkey to learn from and make sure it doesn't happen again, or if it does happen that it gets managed better.
(I tried to think of some more gains, but I can't think of anything else. I even wrote in "experience" as a gain because I was struggling)

What have we lost?
- We lost 8 or 9 lives, had so many injured.
- Got the people of Turkey on edge and contributed to the polarization of our peope (eventhough the event is a product of polarization itself).
- Gives an impression of political instability in Turkey and effects potential foreign investers from investing in Turkey.
- Lost a lot of economical gains (stock fell from 90.000 to 60.000, currently at about 74.000) and interest rates went from 4% to over 10%.
- Gezi protests provided a platform to some provoking groups who used the oppertunity to provoke by throwing molotof cocktails and stone's to the police (in defence of the Gezi protesters, they did try to distance themselves from these types of groups).
- We are still dealing with the effects of this event, are still on edge because of it, and are still discussing it.

Was is worth it?
No.
phuck your economical gains, phuck your provoking groups
Even if I was the one who died there it would be worth it.

It was worth every second of risking my own life.

There's one such thing called right and wrong and I'd rather die defending the right than to live my life like the flock of sheep you all are. Worried about their "economical gains"

WRONG
Look at Russia, look at France, look at the god damn Kazakhstan!
Railroads go EVERYWHERE if you insist on using your car you're gonna have to use two-lane even single-lane roads. In Kazakhstan roads are pretty much dirt roads, but massive railroad network. They got fast trains, VIP vagons, everything.

PROJECT WAS BLOCKED by the first july, they don't wait for court order, they don't give a sh*t about court order. You have a prime minister explicitly stating that he doesn't respect the court order. He did everything in his power to temper with the justice system & establish a pro-himself court system along with that Haşim Kılıç SOB in his pocket! He is NOT a statesman he's a tyrant who wants to control everything. He changed the shape of the EGM just because they went after corrupt ministers. Because they did their fvcking JOB.

If there was justice in this country, his party would've been closed for tempering with the secular system. Only reason why his party wasn't closed for tempering with the secular system was the motherf*cking SOB haşim kılıç's vote. A known puppet of AKP, whose daughter is married with Gül's son.

Erdogan isn't a legitimate prime minister, he's a tyrant, you talking about him like some normal politician is pissing me off here.

It's because some SOB in Ankara can not decide what's going to happen in my city, just because he got the votes from Diyarbakır. Look what your beloved mayor says here: Topbaş: Artık bir durağı bile halka soracağız - Genel Bakış- ntvmsnbc.com

That's why he won in İstanbul. Gökçek didn't win Gökçek cheated his way out.

phuck your economical gains, phuck your provoking groups
Even if I was the one who died there it would be worth it.

It was worth every second of risking my own life.

There's one such thing called right and wrong and I'd rather die defending the right than to live my life like the flock of sheep you all are. Worried about their "economical gains"
No offense, but due your apparent immense hate towards akp/Erdogan you seem to be literally against everything that has to do with akp. Such a mindset can't be good either and helps polarizing, just saying. I like inspector's balanced views.

No offense, but due your apparent immense hate towards akp/Erdogan you seem to be literally against everything that has to do with akp. Such a mindset can't be good either and helps polarizing, just saying. I like inspector's balanced views.
Did I say something against subway constructions? did I say something against Marmaray? did I say something against health reforms?

Here, your argument is dead.. RIP

Erdogans palace is technically speaking a gecekondu. Its an illegal building.

Back
Top Bottom