What's new

Huge Projects of Türkiye

@LegionnairE use a proxy!!!! Shout him down!!!

Joke beside, you said something like 'Berlin Tiergarten'. Your speaking (**** this **** that...) reminds of an user! He has a very good knowledge in military stuffs although. If I remember right, his name was Alpha Wolf.

Calm down! Not your ip! ;)
Probably scanned mine just to see if I actually live in zimbabwe. :mamba:

Probably scanned mine just to see if I actually live in zimbabwe. :mamba:

Yes, I know. :)

İf there is one suspicious guy it would be you @Bismarck o_O
Mate you have been for so long among us, care to introduce yourself and give some background information about yourself?

Never forget! Big brother is watching you, huh!

Central Park, New York City
New-York-City---Manhattan---Central-Park---(Gentry).jpg

Gezi Parkı, İstanbul (that green thing in the middle)
fft64_mf1482509.Jpeg
They are planning to build a central park type of park in Istanbul:
Veliefendi Hipodromu da kent parkı kapsamında yer alacak! 28-07-2013
They are claiming the park will be about 1 million square meter's.

P.S. I modified the quote a little to make it shorter.

If they actually do something like Central Park, without sh.tting on it with their rant love, then I would applaud them. But alone this is not enough.

In my opinion we need strictly protected artificial natural life reserves, land and resources is not enough for remaining wild life, they're in danger constantly.

For examples taking a large steppe/hilly land from Central anatolia, planting whatever stuff can sustain itself in the climate, even releasing some pairs of local animals may be.

I only support this bridge because it also has Rail for suburban trains, otherwise i wouldnt support a car only bridge.

Istanbul needs more rail transportation and less cars.
As far as I know, the rail is not for suburban trains. It should be for High speed trains (YHT).

If they actually do something like Central Park, without sh.tting on it with their rant love, then I would applaud them. But alone this is not enough.

In my opinion we need strictly protected artificial natural life reserves, land and resources is not enough for remaining wild life, they're in danger constantly.

For examples taking a large steppe/hilly land from Central anatolia, planting whatever stuff can sustain itself in the climate, even releasing some pairs of local animals may be.
After they build the 3rd airport, Ataturk airport will become greenland. Only a small part will remain which will only serve private jets/small airplanes. But in order do to this, I don't know how developed the 3rd airport needs to be.

They are going to develop the third airport project in 3 stages. The first stage will have 2 indpendent runways and 1 cross-runway. Second stage will have 1 runway and the third stage will add 1 runway and 1 cross-runway.
Üçüncü havalimanı - Vikipedi
To compare Ataturk airport currently has 3 runways. They wanted to build a 4th runway, not sure if they actually did.

Edit: According to English Wiki, the 3rd airport will be built in 4 stages and will end up with 6 runways in total. It doesn't disclose how many runways are cross runways.
Istanbul New Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
They are planning to build a central park type of park in Istanbul:
Veliefendi Hipodromu da kent parkı kapsamında yer alacak! 28-07-2013
They are claiming the park will be about 1 million square meter's.
It doesn't make the idea of sacrificing gezi park in order to build a god damn shopping mall. If that was such a great idea, people living in the heart of the capitalism would do it. But I'm not seeing a shopping mall in the middle of manhattan.

10262190_795273843826962_3439593090121920872_n.jpg

It doesn't make the idea of sacrificing gezi park in order to build a god damn shopping mall. If that was such a great idea, people living in the heart of the capitalism would do it. But I'm not seeing a shopping mall in the middle of manhattan.

10262190_795273843826962_3439593090121920872_n.jpg
I have seen the project render for Gezi park, and to be honest, I didn't think the new project looked bad at all. I think it is a better look than how it currently is.
Not sure why some people keep insisting on saying it was going to be a shopping mall either, because it was pretty clear it wasn't going to be a mall.

Anyway, not sure what's currently planned for Gezi park, but I do think Gezi park needs a little work in it's current form though.

I have seen the project render for Gezi park, and to be honest, I didn't think the new project looked bad at all. I think it is a better look than how it currently is.
Not sure why some people keep insisting on saying it was going to be a shopping mall either, because it was pretty clear it wasn't going to be a mall.

Anyway, not sure what's currently planned for Gezi park, but I do think Gezi park needs a little work in it's current form though.

The current state is horrible everyone knows. But thats what you get if you try to put a mall on the last green spot in the Beyoglu area. If it was just for pedestrializing Taksim, no one would have protested. The new plans look good but we still do not know what the fascists are planning for Gezi Park.

It will be probably for booth, it wouldnt be smart if only YHT would use it, just like Marmaray.

I searched about Marmaray a bit... YHT will use MARMARAY but daytime is a bit problem because of Marmaray metro density... Some also say YHT only will pass from 3rd bridge... But at night waggon trains will use Marmaray...

Edit: BTW i looked at Marmaray's web page and it doesn't talk about YHT... But others are right... Metro & train & waggon train...

Last edited:

bitch please, they were going to turn Haydarpasha into a shopping mall if t wasn't for the fire. If it wasn't for the protests they were going to destroy Gezi Parkı like they desytroyed Atatürk Orman Çiftliği... And they've destroyed the forests of ODTÜ!

Courts ruled against both projects but the constructions took place anyway. They didn't wait for the court order. It's against the 56. article of the constitution, they can't take away our parks for their petty financial gain.

Who approved this? People of Ankara certainly didn't. Who approved the destruction of Gezi Parkı? people of İstanbul certainly DIDN'T! It was our constitutional right(article 34) to protest. But we were murdered and branded as terrorists. If you vote for AKP, it means you approve what they did and I don't think you have any shred of humanity left in you.

bitch please, they were going to turn Haydarpasha into a shopping mall if t wasn't for the fire. If it wasn't for the protests they were going to destroy Gezi Parkı like they desytroyed Atatürk Orman Çiftliği... And they've destroyed the forests of ODTÜ!

Courts ruled against both projects but the constructions took place anyway. They didn't wait for the court order. It's against the 56. article of the constitution, they can't take away our parks for their petty financial gain.

Who approved this? People of Ankara certainly didn't. Who approved the destruction of Gezi Parkı? people of İstanbul certainly DIDN'T! It was our constitutional right(article 34) to protest. But we were murdered and branded as terrorists. If you vote for AKP, it means you approve what they did and I don't think you have any shred of humanity left in you.
You can clearly see from the renders for the Gezi project that is wasn't a mall. The only reason some people insist on the project being a mall is so to provoke people to go on the streets (at the time) and/or sway opinions.

The forests of ODTU thing, the part where the highway was built, was planned like a decade ago. Also if you factor in gas omission of cars, than it is better for the environment that the highway was built over the ODTU ground because it serves as a shortcut. Shorter distance is less gas omissions. I know this, because I had actually followed this ODTU discussion thing. And was kind of disappointed that University student's weren't able to come to this conclusion themselves by analyzing it, or come up with a solid counter argument. But I understand the reason they protest is for the sake of protesting against the government, with the tree's only being an excuse (or that's the impression I get, at least).

Who approved this? People of Ankara certainly didn't. Who approved the destruction of Gezi Parkı? people of İstanbul certainly DIDN'T! It was our constitutional right(article 34) to protest. But we were murdered and branded as terrorists.
The mayor's were elected by the people of the city's. Which gives them the authority to engage in projects like these. Otherwise there is no point in electing a mayor.
I don't want to derail this topic with the Gezi protests, but I do wanna respond to this. Yeah sure, you have the right to protest. But what was the point of protesting for weeks on end? It only served to getting the population uneasy and irritated against each other. Us still discussing this problem is evidence of this.
Also, what have we gained from these protests?
What have we lost from these protests?
And was it worth it?

If you vote for AKP, it means you approve what they did and I don't think you have any shred of humanity left in you.
This type of sentiment is exactly the problem in Turkey right now. People that either hate or love a political party/movement/ideology way too much. If this happens, you can't stand anyone or anything that is different/has a different opinion and your own opinion being full of stereotypes and generalizations. But that we are like this is not your or my fault though, even-though we do contribute to this problem with our behavior. It is mostly the fault of Turkish media and politicians, and ironically they are the one's saying that Turkey is polarized, but also are the one's contributing to this polarization the most. That is exactly why events like Gezi protests (or any other events like these) start. Some journalists/politicians are sincerely trying to make an effort against this polarization issue. But generally papers, tv-channels and political party's are contributing to this problem.
For instance, Erdogan calling the Gezi protesters provokers and such is contributing to this problem. Kilicdaroglu claiming Erdogan being a dictator is also contributing to this problem. And the list goes on sadly.

When we open a tv channel and see an analyst, our first reflex is to figure out which ideology or political movement he/she is supporting. And when we notice he/she is from a different movement from the one that we support, we tend to just switch the channel because we don't/might not like what he/she has to say. What we need to learn is that the only way to grow as a nation is to listen to all opinions and weigh them against each other. The best way is to follow programs that host analysts with different opinions/support different political movements, so we can get well informed about the topic at hand and form our opinions accordingly.

It will be probably for booth, it wouldnt be smart if only YHT would use it, just like Marmaray.
The bridge is too far from the city to have suburban trains like metro to pass it, I think.

Marmaray should have suburban rails like metro, as well as conventional rails for High speed trains and freight trains. But don't quote me on this.
Edit: I tried to search on how many rails it has, it seems to only have 2 rail, one for each side (couldn't find any source where it claims to have 4 rails, 2 for regular and 2 for light metro). So I am guessing both Metro and Highspeed trains are gonna use the same rails. So the Metro trains probably have the same wheels like conventional and high speed trains.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom