What's new

Huge Projects of Türkiye

I think it is a good project for numerous reasons. Number 1 being able to circumvent the treaty of Montreax. And number 2 being able to make Istanbul livable again by making it less crowded (this is because a new city will be created on the sides of the canal.

How would canal Istanbul project help Turkey with regards to treaty of Montreax? Countries can still use Bosphorus for transit etc.

Explain a bit please

How would canal Istanbul project help Turkey with regards to treaty of Montreax? Countries can still use Bosphorus for transit etc.

Explain a bit please
The project is to get military ships and oil tankers (maybe cargo as well? not sure) to sail from the new canal and banned from the Bosphorus. They basically want this type of traffic out of the Istanbul strait. If I remember correctly there were a couple of close calls in the past with oil tankers, but don't quote me on that.

It doesn't help anything with the treaty of Montreux as far as I know, but maybe other members here can correct me.

Explain a bit please
Theoretically Turkey could limit the passing trough the Bosporus to X number of ships per day for safety reasons. Turkey could not ban boats to sail true the Bosporus, but can let them wait for x days if the traffic is intense. Boats than can have the option to either wait to be able to pass trough the Bosporus and lose money, or pay a fee and go immediately trough the safer canal.

And the second reason is that Turkey can let ships, that are banned to enter the black see due to the Montraux treaty, pass trough the canal without the time limit. For example nato carriers etc.

But the first reason is the most important one regarding the money such a canal can generate. The Bosporus straights is one of the most important straights there is in terms of naval transportation etc, and Turkey can make no money from it because of the treaty of Montraux. With the canal, we will be able to charge ships.

Theoretically Turkey could limit the passing trough the Bosporus to X number of ships per day for safety reasons. Turkey could not ban boats to sail true the Bosporus, but can let them wait for x days if the traffic is intense. Boats than can have the option to either wait to be able to pass trough the Bosporus and lose money, or pay a fee and go immediately trough the safer canal.

And the second reason is that Turkey can let ships, that are banned to enter the black see due to the Montraux treaty, pass trough the canal without the time limit. For example nato carriers etc.

But the first reason is the most important one regarding the money such a canal can generate. The Bosporus straights is one of the most important straights there is in terms of naval transportation etc, and Turkey can make no money from it because of the treaty of Montraux. With the canal, we will be able to charge ships.

Here is an interesting article about Istanbul-Channel

http://www.morethanshipping.com/7796-2/

Safety reasons :-)

New York's skyline was built for a century. New York is the wealthiest city of the biggest economy in the world, a city which is the world's financial capital- New York is home to Wall Street, World's biggest banks and insurance companies, World's biggest stock exchanges etc. The city is home to 23 Fortune 500 companies while Turkey is to only 1- Koc holding at number 463. New York is one the biggest high tech science and research hubs in the world, a main transport, fashion, trade, media, health care and tourist spot of the planet. A city with a GDP of 1,55 trilion dolars which is close to two times more the GDP of Turkey.

To be honnest it's hard to compare New York and Istanbul... the two cities are much different in almost everything you can imagine. I am all for Istanbul's architecture going higher but unfortunately not like it happens today- building ugly buildings on every empty spot you can find. I don't know who is the main architect of the city but that guy and the people who are responsible for that should be all hanged for the crimes they do against the city. A big part of the projects that are being built in Istanbul are looking like from somewhere in the Third World.

Istanbul needs more parks and green spaces not more ugly buildings growing everywhere in the city. The skyscrapers should be all located in clusters and not built everywhere around the city. There are places like Maslak, Levent, Atasehir, Bomonti, Aslantepe and a few others where the skyscrapers should be all located.

Istanbul doesn't need projects like this- cheap buildings built for a quicker profit from foreign customers- mostly from the Arab world. Unfortunately a lot of money flow into the right pockets (the right investors, working with the right party- you know which one) and nobody in the Municipality and the Institutions is willing to do anything against the destruction of Istanbul.

okll6o.jpg

4Mmk6Y.jpg

PrmsD6a.jpg

img-3860.jpg

mashattan-istanbul-10.jpeg

800x0_my_towerland_satilik_kiralik_daire_8.jpg

New York's skyline was built for a century. New York is the wealthiest city of the biggest economy in the world, a city which is the world's financial capital- New York is home to Wall Street, World's biggest banks and insurance companies, World's biggest stock exchanges etc. The city is home to 23 Fortune 500 companies while Turkey is to only 1- Koc holding at number 463. New York is one the biggest high tech science and research hubs in the world, a main transport, fashion, trade, media, health care and tourist spot of the planet. A city with a GDP of 1,55 trilion dolars which is close to two times more the GDP of Turkey.

To be honnest it's hard to compare New York and Istanbul... the two cities are much different in almost everything you can imagine. I am all for Istanbul's architecture going higher but unfortunately not like it happens today- building ugly buildings on every empty spot you can find. I don't know who is the main architect of the city but that guy and the people who are responsible for that should be all hanged for the crimes they do against the city. A big part of the projects that are being built in Istanbul are looking like from somewhere in the Third World.

Istanbul needs more parks and green spaces not more ugly buildings growing everywhere in the city. The skyscrapers should be all located in clusters and not built everywhere around the city. There are places like Maslak, Levent, Atasehir, Bomonti, Aslantepe and a few others where the skyscrapers should be all located.

Istanbul doesn't need projects like this- cheap buildings built for a quicker profit from foreign customers- mostly from the Arab world. Unfortunately a lot of money flow into the right pockets (the right investors, working with the right party- you know which one) and nobody in the Municipality and the Institutions is willing to do anything against the destruction of Istanbul.

okll6o.jpg

4Mmk6Y.jpg

PrmsD6a.jpg

img-3860.jpg

mashattan-istanbul-10.jpeg

800x0_my_towerland_satilik_kiralik_daire_8.jpg

Yes, and people of Istanbul can eat green as much as they will. Stop with talking BS.

Guys can we make a thread just for turkey architecture project .... what was accomplished and what has not been accomplished. As you know that architecture projects in turkey and the real estate sector is one of the most active sectors in Turkey

Then go eat some cement and concrete, it's healthier.

This is Istanbul, not BG wher most of the population live in foreigner countries. Istanbul is the heart of Turkey, you cut Istanbul out you cut Turkey out. Don´t compare Trakya with Istanbul, you want to see green go live somewher else:-).

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom