What's new

Huawei does not need US chips: CEO on Trump export ban

Even an Indian lab? Lolol. Semiconductor industry is not existent in India ok. As for Huawei, let time prove their worth. Alibaba actually created AliOS many years back but the adoption was low.
I did not mean industrial production like one every minute. I mean more like a craft industry where one chip is built in a lab taking months. A ton of countries can do it. Also this was not meant to show case India's capability i think you misread it there. The key word is "even" india.

I did not mean industrial production like one every minute. I mean more like a craft industry where one chip is built in a lab taking months. A ton of countries can do it. Also this was not meant to show case India's capability i think you misread it there. The key word is "even" india.
Well China didn't give in, there must be a reason for that. The world is very simple, you either survive or perish. If you survive, this will be the next revolution.

Hopefully other companies outside USA can fill the gap. I assume there are other companies in EU and East Asia that could supply components to Huawei.

If I were Huawei, I would install a modified open source Linux, and have overseas 3rd party install GMS suite, bom, you have everything you need. For Chinese market, they don't have GMS anyway. Huawei is to stay.

Yes that is possible. ... But as a work around only.

For Huawei to be truely successful in this space it would need its own OEM software off the shelf ... To get 3rd party to install google applications and APIs is not a strategy to be competitive.

I still believe w/o android Huawei is dead in the water.

Huawei claims are really curious. Then they surely have some dark magic :)

Not any more curious than the vedic magic of Hindu and Vietnamese diaspora forum squabble economics. Chanting for death of a Chinese company and other daydreaming over gut feelings of profit margins, yet no concern for domestic companies losing all of these profits and one of the largest single clients and slowly getting cut out of one of the largest market of the world, rendering their "monopoly" worthless. Just for some short term political distractions and immediate private business interests of a soon to be gone clown regime.

Yes that is possible. ... But as a work around only.

For Huawei to be truely successful in this space it would need its own OEM software off the shelf ... To get 3rd party to install google applications and APIs is not a strategy to be competitive.

I still believe w/o android Huawei is dead in the water.

Android OS itself is an open source OS for which Huawei is also a contributor. What Google is referencing to is GMS (Google Mobile Service, including Chrome, Gmail, Google Map, Youtube, Play Store, Hang-out, etc.). GMS is a free download outside of China.

IMO, it is just a matter of adding extra steps when you set up your new phone:

Do you want to download GMS? Yea, No

GMS download complete. Do you want to install GMS? Yes, No

GMS installation complete.

Sure, in the long run, Huawei has to build its own ecosystem. Agree.

Last edited:
Even an Indian lab? Lolol. Semiconductor industry is not existent in India ok. As for Huawei, let time prove their worth. Alibaba actually created AliOS many years back but the adoption was low.
China has to use Mao Zedong's approach here.

Android OS itself is an open source OS for which Huawei is also a contributor. What Google is referencing to is GMS (Google Mobile Service, including Chrome, Gmail, Google Map, Youtube, Play Store, Hang-out, etc.). GMS is a free download outside of China.

IMO, it is just a matter of adding extra steps when you set up your new phone:

Do you want to download GMS? Yea, No

GMS download complete. Do you want to install GMS? Yes, No

GMS installation complete.

Sure, in the long run, Huawei has to build its own ecosystem. Agree.
Well just create an app in Huawei store to access Google store. We are now not bound by US rules already. Hahah

US military sanction China didn't stop China military modernization and China develop it stealth aircraft, build China own Blackhawk, China will survive US tech ban and eventually completely own the whole tech ecosystem without any source components come from the US. China only need 3 to 5 yrs to fully develop the full hardware and software tech.

Nothing can stop China advance in key technology, China rather have US ban US company from selling Tech to China now that will spur Chinese scientist to independent develop a full ecosystem on all key components for the advance technology.

That just goes to show how much domination the western countries have over the rest of us

we need to creat a bloc of stable countries so to cover all the bases so if we need something we can get form one of us and not go to them

just a dream i guess

a better idea - work with the western countries

Back
Top Bottom