What's new

Hu Is Formally Welcomed to U.S. (and White House is turned into a Chinatown)

Hu seems so clueless, he resembles nothing close to a leader.

Mao Zedong was a real leader. Sun Yat-sen was a real leader. Deng Xiaopeng was a real leader. I just don't see that in Hu Jintao. I hope the next guy Xi jinping is what a true leader is suppose to be like.

Mao Zedong was a real leader. Sun Yat-sen was a real leader. Deng Xiaopeng was a real leader. I just don't see that in Hu Jintao. I hope the next guy Xi jinping is what a true leader is suppose to be like.

China won't have true leaders for a while. Great leaders are once per thousand years, and only because China had 3 of them within the past 100 years, we've not collapsed.

nah, if Zhou Enlai was still around i'd send him any day of the week to do this kinda stuff, the man is a master statesmen

Guys from China, Lang Lang was playing this song in the White House. I don't know who helped to select the song. Maybe this young guy doesn't know the background. This song was sung, I guess, during "against America and support Korea" time, aka, the Korea War, to morally support PVA (People's Volunteer Army, which was nothing but PLA in disguise).

Your comments on the second song. (I'm too busy). :lol:

One translation of the lyrics:

Oh, Majestic Motherland!

Place of such splendid mountains and waters.

Where every road is wide and open.

When friends come,

we will treat them with good wine.

When foes come,

we will meet them with bullets!
:cheesy:

:china::usflag:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very glad that we, the American people and government, have given Mr. Hu Jintao a greeting that is fitting for his status as the leader of the great nation of China. China is truly the most important trading partner of the USA. I really believe that the American people and the Chinese people actually share the most important human values. Both nations believe in excellence in accomplishments. Hopefully, with time, China will develop a political system that gives the individual Chinese man and woman the personal freedom needed to realize their full potential. And, also, I truly hope that China's government will realize that it has the power to make the world more peaceful by using its influence to restrain those nations that respect China and that threaten their neighbors.

:usflag::china::usflag::china::usflag::china:

A - QUIZ

Can Imigine???: who is the master of the situation, by observing Body language of both of Presidents!!!:azn:

168280_119896448081445_100001832702529_146175_3007264_n.jpg

lol, they both are doing the same thing.

I am very glad that we, the American people and government, have given Mr. Hu Jintao a greeting that is fitting for his status as the leader of the great nation of China. China is truly the most important trading partner of the USA. I really believe that the American people and the Chinese people actually share the most important human values. Both nations believe in excellence in accomplishments. Hopefully, with time, China will develop a political system that gives the individual Chinese man and woman the personal freedom needed to realize their full potential. And, also, I truly hope that China's government will realize that it has the power to make the world more peaceful by using its influence to restrain those nations that respect China and that threaten their neighbors.

I am also glad, as a citizen of China, to see my leaders pay a visit to the US. The values we all share as human beings are quite similar, and people share identical feelings whether in Nigeria, Ningbo or New York. Every human being has the right to realize their dreams free of fear and free of violence. Eventually, one day I hope the US would develop a political system that renounces aggressive war and renounces violence, and I also truly hope that the US government will use its substantial influence to restrain actions by its allies that may destabilize our fragile world.

nah, if Zhou Enlai was still around i'd send him any day of the week to do this kinda stuff, the man is a master statesmen

As much as I like Zhou, he was not a statesman. He was a great diplomat, an expert foreign policy handler and he did the country a lot of good but he was no statesman.

Mao's economic and political policies were disasterous, on top of being a damn feudalistic tyrant. Sun Yat-sen could not even hold the warlords in check and promised the Japanese land in exchange of aid. I'm glad China is not ruled by those two fools.

Deng Xiaoping did better because he was a realist, but political corruption and the state of military deteriorated under him. Don't make out those men as if they were divine ruler. With the exception of Deng Xiaoping, I'd take the current generation of leadership over Mao and Sun anyday of the week.

China won't have true leaders for a while. Great leaders are once per thousand years, and only because China had 3 of them within the past 100 years, we've not collapsed.
Ah here comes the fanboys. Tell me, where in the last 100 years has China reached the relative world status of Tang or Han dynasty? Perhaps you meant world's largest famine or political purge? Surely nothing else compares.

Mao's economic and political policies were disasterous, on top of being a damn feudalistic tyrant. Sun Yat-sen could not even hold the warlords in check and promised the Japanese land in exchange of aid. I'm glad China is not ruled by those two fools.

Deng Xiaoping did better because he was a realist, but political corruption and the state of military deteriorated under him. Don't make out those men as if they were divine ruler.

Ah here comes the fanboys. Tell me, where in the last 100 years has China reached the relative world status of Tang or Han dynasty?

Rarely is history determined by a single person. Rather it is a combination of factors. Leadership is not as important as momentum.

As much as I like Zhou, he was not a statesman. He was a great diplomat, an expert foreign policy handler and he did the country a lot of good but he was no statesman.
Zhou was probably the only sensible person during Mao's reign of terror.

Rarely is history determined by a single person. Rather it is a combination of factors. Leadership is not as important as momentum.
So Great Leap Forward and Cultural Revolution were not instigated by Mao's leadership, but simply social momentum? Are you attempting to be funny?

Deng Xiaoping did better because he was a realist, but political corruption and the state of military deteriorated under him. Don't make out those men as if they were divine ruler. With the exception of Deng Xiaoping, I'd take the current generation of leadership over Mao and Sun anyday of the week.

Ah here comes the fanboys. Tell me, where in the last 100 years has China reached the relative world status of Tang or Han dynasty? Perhaps you meant world's largest famine or political purge? Surely nothing else compares.

No Deng without Mao first, enough said.

Back
Top Bottom