What's new

How would subcontinent look like if there was only Islam and Urdu?

India was not a backwards society prior to the Mughals.

Let's see:

1. Caste System
2. Constant internal warfare
3. Forcing families to burn themselves
4. Mass poverty
5. No industrialisation

Sounds pretty backwards to me.

The Golden age of India occurred during the Gupta empire

I'm not talking about that far back, I'm talking bang-on right before we (the Muslims) came along.

So you should be thankful to the Afghans

Back then, KPK+Balochistan was considered part of Afghanistan. The very word Afghan was even used as an ethnonym for Pashtuns, and the Durranis had many Balochis and Pashtuns from what is now Pakistan in their military, Peshawar itself was also one of their greatest cities, and the Durrani tribe is pretty common throughout Pakistan.

I'm honestly getting the impression that you're aware of this region's history.

Mysore was a South Indian born in Karnataka, india.

And the ruling dynasty originally came from the Punjab.

the entirety of the subcontinent was NEVER ruled by Musimes

Never said it was.

shorter than Mauryan and gupta rule over Pakistan.

There were no Muslims in the region back then, so I don't care. Pakistan only exists as a homeland for Muslims from British India, our history starts with the first Muslims who came to the region and ends when the last one dies. I don't particularly feel attached to any history prior to that unless it concerns Muslims or Islam (or any of our Abrahamic brethren).

If you insist on playing this game, I must stress that only the Mauryans ruled over all of what is now Pakistan, and that it's not fair to compare the two of us since the region that makes up Pakistan is far smaller and as a result much easier to conquer.

As for conversion, well even if your ancesstors fought with the invaders, which is fine

Nice to see someone isn't in denial.

they were at one pint a Buddhist

Yes, some of them would have been (others would have been Hindu, Zoroastrian and part of obscure folk religions).

Highly unlikely, Sikhism is a fairly recent phenomenon.

who were forcefully converted

Again, there is no evidence of this.

Sure,

DtjjBygVsAAbjBR.jpg

DtjjGWXVsAAm3Hn.jpg

DtjjGWZUUAAwAQ0.jpg
That is totally wrong. Probably it is photo-shopped.

In Islam women and men are treated according to justice. Women are not inferior to men. And men are not inferior to women.

You are stupid. Your post has been reported for maligning Islam.

@waz @Horus @The Eagle, ban this damn stupid Indian for maligning Islam.

Clearly it is has been photo shopped.

Yes some victory that resulted in both Tipu and Hyder paying tribute to the Marathas.

Only Tipu did that (AFAIK), and I've already explained why. Also, there's still the Durranis.

In fact even the British built railways and roads, so they did more for Indians than the Mughals ever did.

Now you're really clutching at straws. They starved millions of you.

If you have any more questions, just look at the state of India and modern Pakistan. India is far from perfect but it has the fastest growing economy in the world with GPP comparable with UK and France, which were once the world's superpowers. India has also uplifted more people out of poverty than any country with the exception of CHina. Just look at HDI India ranks 130, Pakistan 150, lower than many African countries.

We're not comparing India to Pakistan, we're saying whether or not India would have been better if Muslim rule continued to remain strong and stable to this very day. I'd wholeheartedly say yes because it would mean the British, Durranis and the Afsharids wouldn't have been able to loot your country, and as a result India wouldn't have become the open sewer it is today.

The only reason you are related to them is because the r***ed you. Nothing to be ashanmed about, just a fact.

There's no evidence of this. You can't just invent things and expect people to accept them.

although most Rajputs are not descended from them.

Look up any study on their origins, they've all come to the same conclusion as me. Even many Rajputs themselves believe this because they don't want to associate with the rest of you. Brahmins do the same thing with the IE migrations. Many high caste Indians clearly view themselves as better than the rest of you.

WE Remained Hindus while your entire lot was converted by the sword to become 100% muslims :lol:

A unique achievement in the History of the world.
You are an idiot. Can 25% of humanity be converted by the sword. Use your brains for a change.

Would subcontinent been a super power by now?
Mughals were a superpower back in its day.
But most Hindus did not convert to Islam. Today 80% of India is Hindu majority. So what's your point?

Wrong on so many accounts. First of all, India was not a backwards society prior to the Mughals. It was onw of the most advanced and prosperous civilizations in the world. The Golden age of India occurred during the Gupta empire, which was when most of the achievements in math, astronomy, philosophy, literature, and architecture were made.

The Marathas were not completely destroyed by the Durranis. The Durranis simply prevented the marathas from expanding past the Indus. So you should be thankful to the Afghans that you were not ruled by india Hindus like you were for over 500 years under the Mauryans and Guptas.
british_territories.jpg

The British had to defeat the Marathas to take over the subcontinent in the Anglo Maratha wars. In fact, the Marathas even defeated the British. With the exception of Mysore, no Muslim Empire did that. And BTW, Mysore was a South Indian born in Karnataka, india.

Here is a picture of the British surrendering to Mahadji Shinde

And as I have explained before, the entirety of the subcontinent was NEVER ruled by Musimes, and the only two who came close were the Tughlaqs and Aurangzeb(who was also born in India). however their empires lasted barely a century, shorter than Mauryan and gupta rule over Pakistan. As for conversion, well even if your ancesstors fought with the invaders, which is fine, they were at one pint a Buddhist or Sikh who were forcefully converted. Fortunately, mine were not. And the reason for that is India was not ruled by Muslims as long as Pakistan, and the only part to be significantly influenced by Muslim rule is North India, espercially UP. That area was ruled for approximately 500 years before it was liberated by the Marathas. Meanwhile South india with the exception of Mysore and Hyderabad were almost NEVER ruled by Muslims, so south India has less Muslims. The State least ruled by Muslims was Tamil Madu, and that has barely any Muslims in it. Same with Odisha and chhattishgarh. The only exception is Kerala, which has a significant Muslim population because of significant trade with the Arab world, so must Kerala Muslims are descended from Arab traders. '

Wow, looks like another troll thread has devolved into a one-sided debate.

Yes some victory that resulted in both Tipu and Hyder paying tribute to the Marathas. And despite defeating both Tipu Sultan and Hyder Ali, the Marathas also had time to defeat the Purtugueese and British. Pretty impressive. no Muslim Empire has done that

Those numbers are hard to measure beause they included the entirety of the subcontinent, and are not accounting for inflation. Not to mention the ordinary people of the subcontinent were poor because the Mughals dkept wasting money on monuments. It is a well known fact that Indian society was at its most prosperous state during the Mauryans and Guptas, where the maharajas cared about the people. In fact even the British built railways and roads, so they did more for Indians than the Mughals ever did.
If you have any more questions, just look at the state of India and modern Pakistan. India is far from perfect but it has the fastest growing economy in the world with GPP comparable with UK and France, which were once the world's superpowers. India has also uplifted more people out of poverty than any country with the exception of CHina. Just look at HDI India ranks 130, Pakistan 150, lower than many African countries.

India 3, Mughals/Paksitan 0

The only reason you are related to them is because the r***ed you. Nothing to be ashanmed about, just a fact. Th same applies to Hindu Rajputs descended from Central Asians, although most Rajputs are not descended from them. don't know where you got that from.
Your point is? Nobody cares about prehistoric times.

The alternative would be if the whole world were to be atheist and everybody spoke the same language how would the world look like?
How is that not bland?

Interesting if Islam ruled and everyone spoke Urdu it would be bland but if everyone was atheist and spoke same language suddenly it is worthy of your time? Double standards or pure hatred...cant really tell :coffee:

Only Tipu did that (AFAIK), and I've already explained why. Also, there's still the Durranis.

Now you're really clutching at straws. They starved millions of you.

We're not comparing India to Pakistan, we're saying whether or not India would have been better if Muslim rule continued to remain strong and stable to this very day. I'd wholeheartedly say yes because it would mean the British, Durranis and the Afsharids wouldn't have been able to loot your country, and as a result India wouldn't have become the open sewer it is today.

There's no evidence of this. You can't just invent things and expect people to accept them.

Look up any study on their origins, they've all come to the same conclusion as me. Even many Rajputs themselves believe this because they don't want to associate with the rest of you. Brahmins do the same thing with the IE migrations. Many high caste Indians clearly view themselves as better than the rest of you.
you still have not explained to me how the Mughals were better than the British and the Durranis, in fact I don't know why you are bringing up the durranis because they never ruled India, and retreated back across the Indus shortly after Panipat. As for the British, well, that is a differnet argument, but it is undeniable that the British brought more benefit to the Idnian people than the Mughals. THey built roads and Railways that connected a preciously balkanized subcontinent and are responsible for India's economy today. Triains also allow for a cheap way for common Indian citizens to travel And that's just scraping the surface. The British built complex irrigartion systems that supports Pakistan's agriculture industry and even dug up Mohenjo-Daro and Harrapa. They also built a postal system that allows Indian in rural villages to communicate with the outside world. And they introduced Cricket and tea. I'm no British apologist, but it is obvious that they did more for Indians than the Mughals.

Maybe you have a point about this not being a comparison between India and Paksitan, but I felt it was appropriate because Paksitan considers itself a successor of the Mughals, while India considers itself a successor the Mauryans.

Anyway, my point was that Muslims never ruled India as long as Pakittan, and that after Aurangzeb, the Marathas were the dominant force in the subcontinent until the British arrived, and they did NOT fall after Panipat. This was a troll thread anyway, so no need to take the posters here too seriously.'

Cheers.

Why did you think leaving islam was/is punishable by death ? :lol:

You think god told muhammed to go around chopping heads if people left islam ? :P

LOL... that is Hilarious. Back then they were just as bad, probably a lot worse since they rarely even took a bath or maintain any hygiene.

Nope, many would convert to islam rather than live as dalits.

Nope, those who escaped, remained Hindus.

On the Contrary, Hindu Rajputs, Jats and Gujjars are PROUD of being from this land and trace their ancestry to this land :lol:

You clearly have no idea how fiercely they think about this connection.

@ranjeet .........

lol. I have provided proof with links, but you are still in denial. I don't want to waste my time educating someone who is unwilling to accept reality.

The vast majority of Dalits were created during the islamic invasion and this is part of Hindu folklore. Hardly any hindu is unaware of this fact.

Why do you think we have such a large Dalit population in areas that are right next to muslim majority regions like Punjab ?

You can look up records of conversion in kashmir. There are well kept records about their conversion using beef.

Nope, its not.

You are an idiot. You have misunderstood what it means to beat. In Islam the husband can only tap on the wife's back before divorce.

Don't go to the Internet to look for information on religion.

Who knows more about Islam, you or me? LOL.

You are an idiot. Can 25% of humanity be converted by the sword. Use your brains for a change.

Mughals were a superpower back in its day.
But most Hindus did not convert to Islam. Today 80% of India is Hindu majority. So what's your point?

Your point is? Nobody cares about prehistoric times.
Do you know the definition of prehistoric? The fact it was recorded means it is not prehistory.

How is that not bland?

Interesting if Islam ruled and everyone spoke Urdu it would be bland but if everyone was atheist and spoke same language suddenly it is worthy of your time? Double standards or pure hatred...cant really tell :coffee:
@Dubious ban @Nityam, he is crossing his limits on this forum by maligning Islam.
@waz @Horus @The Eagle
Yo should ban him right away.

Why did you think leaving islam was/is punishable by death ? :lol:

You think god told muhammed to go around chopping heads if people left islam ? :P

LOL... that is Hilarious. Back then they were just as bad, probably a lot worse since they rarely even took a bath or maintain any hygiene.

Nope, many would convert to islam rather than live as dalits.

Nope, those who escaped, remained Hindus.

On the Contrary, Hindu Rajputs, Jats and Gujjars are PROUD of being from this land and trace their ancestry to this land :lol:

You clearly have no idea how fiercely they think about this connection.

@ranjeet .........

lol. I have provided proof with links, but you are still in denial. I don't want to waste my time educating someone who is unwilling to accept reality.

The vast majority of Dalits were created during the islamic invasion and this is part of Hindu folklore. Hardly any hindu is unaware of this fact.

Why do you think we have such a large Dalit population in areas that are right next to muslim majority regions like Punjab ?

You can look up records of conversion in kashmir. There are well kept records about their conversion using beef.

Nope, its not.

lol...... 100% can be converted by the sword.

All you have to do is make leaving islam punishable by death :lol:

Sounds Familiar ?
No you are a bloody idiot indiot troll.

25% of humanity cannot be converted by force/gun/sword. You are an idiot.

@Dubious ban @Nityam, he is crossing his limits on this forum by maligning Islam.
@waz @Horus @The Eagle
Yo should ban him right away.

Uh yes they can. How do you think Latin America is Christian? How do you think most African countries became Christian?

You are an idiot. You have misunderstood what it means to beat. In Islam the husband can only tap on the wife's back before divorce.

Don't go to the Internet to look for information on religion.

Who knows more about Islam, you or me? LOL.

I do know a lot, probably more than you.

But showcasing what I know will undoubtedly get me banned due the famed islamic tolerance for the truth :P

So here is someone who will speak on my behalf.

https://www.memri.org/tv/egyptian-cleric-nabil-mursi-outlines-steps-to-disciplining-wife

Uh yes they can. How do you think Latin America is Christian? How do you think most African countries became Christian?

Is it because they saw the "light" ? :P

lol. you do not disappoint. :lol:

Troller Coaster !!

This has got to be one of the most stupid and useless threads on PDF

Where are the mods ??

If that was to happen then what is current Pakistan would have been part of the kingdom of Kabul and the only language would have been Dari or farsi.

Anything out of the boundary of above would be just religious brotherhood as same as we have one with an Angolan Muslim or a Somali muslim for that matter.

Race is a big thing, race is the rift between Saudia and Iran sect has nothing to do with it even though both believe in the same god.

Back
Top Bottom