What's new

How would a modern day Pakistan v/s Israel conflict play out?

Counter-Errorist

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan's military doctrine is geared toward fighting India conventionally and lately experienced in COIN campaigns as well. Its army and air force are planned for both defensive and offensive operations inside India.

Israel's army is almost entirely defensive. It's air force is capable of delivering serious firepower in neighboring countries.

Both navies are incapable of formidable-enough deep water strikes.

Neither has strategic missiles capable of striking each other.

The distance between the two countries is approximately 3000km

Israel's air force cannot strike as far as Pakistan and even if it could - it can't possibly traverse through Iran or KSA.

Pakistan's air force (AFAIK) is not capable of striking Israel from Pakistani soil.

Without involvement of third-parties (US, India, Iran, Iraq, KSA, China), I would think the conflict would be restricted to proxies alone.

With KSA, Iran or Iraq on our side, we could deploy assets remotely to strike directly at Israel.
Israel does not have this advantage. No one (except India) would be willing to host Israel in this region.

How far would India go to support Israel? Hosting Israeli assets for strikes into Pakistan is the same as an Indian strike itself. Would India risk war to support Israel against Pakistan? At risk of involving China?

KSA and Iran might use the opportunity to strike at Israel via their proxies (or each other).

All in all, I think this would make an interesting discussion.

I just hope we can discuss it objectively ;)

A glance at the geography of the region:

gHNaDpY.png

Pakistan's military doctrine is geared toward fighting India conventionally and lately experienced in COIN campaigns as well. Its army and air force are planned for both defensive and offensive operations inside India.

Israel's army is almost entirely defensive. It's air force is capable of delivering serious firepower in neighboring countries.

Both navies are incapable of formidable-enough deep water strikes.

Neither has strategic missiles capable of striking each other.

The distance between the two countries is approximately 3000km

Israel's air force cannot strike as far as Pakistan and even if it could - it can't possibly traverse through Iran or KSA.

Pakistan's air force (AFAIK) is not capable of striking Israel from Pakistani soil.

Without involvement of third-parties (US, India, Iran, Iraq, KSA, China), I would think the conflict would be restricted to proxies alone.

With KSA, Iran or Iraq on our side, we could deploy assets remotely to strike directly at Israel.
Israel does not have this advantage. No one (except India) would be willing to host Israel in this region.

How far would India go to support Israel? Hosting Israeli assets for strikes into Pakistan is the same as an Indian strike itself. Would India risk war to support Israel against Pakistan? At risk of involving China?

KSA and Iran might use the opportunity to strike at Israel via their proxies (or each other).

All in all, I think this would make an interesting discussion.

I just hope we can discuss it objectively ;)
india wouldn't host israel i believe because i think the real fighting days between india and pakistan are over..
if israel and pakistan fight it would have to be a war between our agencies or air forces, the arabians wouldn't host us either i think so we can take out the air force.. then we have isi vs mossad and mossad is more capable at assassinations but the isi can build, trian, and arm guerrillas way better then any agency except maybe cia..
speaking of the CIA pakistan would also have to tightly secure its borders with Afghanistan because we will get another movement that wants an "islamic emirate" during this time..
Back to the indians… i think raw might join in on the war against pakistan but not the indian army, air force or navy and india will also not host any israeli military on its soil.

@Ravi Nair lets just say that this conflict between india and israel happens, what role would india play?

@Akheilos uncle ji tashreef liye is thread pe

@Yzd Khalifa would saudi arabia host a pakistani army or air force base for an attack on israel? just seeking your opinion

Last edited:
india wouldn't host israel i believe because i think the real fighting days between india and pakistan are over..

Yes, I don't think Israel would want to be held responsible for provoking a nuclear war in the subcontinent.

then we have isi vs mossad and mossad is more capable at assassinations but the iso can build, trian, and arm guerrillas way better then any agency except maybe cia..

Fortunately, there are plenty of cookies for us in that region - Hamas, ISIS, Syrian rebels to take on the offensive.

Back to the indians… i think raw might join in on the war against pakistan but not the indian army, air force or navy and india will also not host any israeli military on its soil.

True, it'd be silly for RAW to stay out of this.

if israel and pakistan fight it would have to be a war between our agencies or air forces, the arabians wouldn't host us either i think so we can take out the air force.. then we have isi vs mossad and mossad is more capable at assassinations but the iso can build, trian, and arm guerrillas way better then any agency except maybe cia..
speaking of the CIA pakistan would also have to tightly secure its borders with Afghanistan because we will get another movement that wants an "islamic emirate" during this time..

@Ravi Nair lets just say that this conflict between india and israel happens, what role would india play?

@Yzd Khalifa would saudi arabia host a pakistani army or air force base for an attack on israel? just seeking your opinion

I have to leave it to the more knowlegeable indian posters here. because there are still the nukes to account for.

Yes, I don't think Israel would want to be held responsible for provoking a nuclear war in the subcontinent.

Fortunately, there are plenty of cookies for us in that region - Hamas, ISIS, Syrian rebels to take on the offensive.

True, it'd be silly for RAW to stay out of this.
all in all i think a conflict between pakistan and israel would end making us the victors simply because we will do better proxy warfare on them and if they attack us in any way they would certainly get a lethal response so we don't have to worry about us getting attacked by israel at all.

if israel and pakistan fight it would have to be a war between our agencies or air forces, the arabians wouldn't host us either i think so we can take out the air force.. then we have isi vs mossad and mossad is more capable at assassinations but the iso can build, trian, and arm guerrillas way better then any agency except maybe cia..

Sorry bro this is not my field at all :)

Not my circus not my monkey :D

I have to leave it to the more knowlegeable indian posters here. because there are still the nukes to account for.
we just want a few comments on what role india could possibly play, and whats best for its interests

Depends really, why would be Israel and Pakistan fighting a war anyways?
its a hypothetical scenario lets just say it happens because of the gaza conflict..

Pakistan should give Iran nukes. kidding
would iran give passage to a pakistan army to attack israel? your honest opinion would be appreciated

Back
Top Bottom