What's new

How Will Iran React to the Saudi Led Operation in Yemen?

How many people a F-22P light frigate house? 10-20-30? 50?

That;s why there are three. They can accommodate more than your high end figure of 50.

If you want to evacuate your civilians you send troop carriers, supply ships, and patrol vessel which could actually house some people onboard, not armed frigates which does not have capacity to even hold 50 extra civilians.

Troop carriers and how will the be transported there? There are supply ships with the F-22s. Patrol vessels are too small.

I am talking about the ones sent recently, within this month itself.

That's what I am talking about. They are there as trainers and for support. Similar to the roles the have had since the late 40's.

Nothing of the sort has happened. These articles rehash rumours from other articles.
Arab news is not credible. The second talks of a delegation going, that's the same thing I said earlier and the last talks about Pakistan being a "reluctant" ally.

Now I'll ask you to keep to the thread. If you want to discuss Pakistani involvement or more precisely the lack of it, there are are threads ongoing at the moment.

It is about rumors that all newly built Zolfaghar 3 and 4 MBTs in Iran are of composite hull made of different layers of embedded armor and will not use ERAs anymore..

NERA armor is quite old, but most recent trend in Armor. India is using NERA armor on Arjun Tanks.

Kanchan armour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It was developed in 1980s.

British challenger also use NERA Armor.

That;s why there are three. They can accommodate more than your high end figure of 50.

Troop carriers and how will the be transported there? There are supply ships with the F-22s. Patrol vessels are too small.

That's what I am talking about.

Nothing of the sort has happened. These articles rehash rumours from other articles.
Arab news is not credible. The second talks of a delegation going, that's the same thing I said earlier and the last talks about Pakistan being a "reluctant" ally.

Now I'll ask you to keep to the thread. If you want to discuss Pakistani involvement or more precisely the lack of it, there are are threads ongoing at the moment.

Okie Dokie....

Nawaz assures Saudi King Salman of Pakistan Army support - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

@scythian500 bro, where did you hear this rumours

I hope they're true. Especially the 300km AESA radar, but that is no joke. Such radar are highly complex. Iran already has made a AESA radar, called hafez, but that is a ground based radar. As for the 700km missile. They said they will replace fateh,qiam with new gen missiles next year, let's just wait see what they are.

NERA armor is quite old, but most recent trend in Armor. India is using NERA armor on Arjun Tanks.

Kanchan armour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It was developed in 1980s.

British challenger also use NERA Armor.
I,m not sure what kind of embedded armor they are talking about, all I know is that they no longer need ERAs to be reliable against armor piercing missiles. Is there any chance they used a combination of hardened steel (magnesium, titanium), Kevlar type layers, carbon fibers and other stuff?

I,m not sure what kind of embedded armor they are talking about, all I know is that they no longer need ERAs to be reliable against armor piercing missiles. Is there any chance they used a combination of hardened steel (magnesium, titanium), Kevlar type layers, carbon fibers and other stuff?

Indian one uses rolled homogenous steel, ceramic, Aluminium oxide and fiberglass.

In 1980’s the Kanchan composite had a composition of ceramic, Aluminium oxide, fibreglass and some other such materials mixed. The RHA tried out had two thicknesses, i.e. a 350 mm plate and a 315 mm plate. However these two plates had the same weight as a 120mm RHA. Hence it is said that Kanchan armour is more volume at same weight. The anti-tank munitions have problems in penetrating denser mass.

When a projectile is fired, the armour stops it via compression and decompression method. As the projectile hits the armour, it faces compression because of the Rolled homogeneous armour, and then it faces decompression because of the composite. When the projectile passes through several such sandwiched layers, it breaks up the APDS or High-explosive anti-tank warhead shot.

@scythian500 bro, where did you hear this rumours

I hope they're true. Especially the 300km AESA radar, but that is no joke. Such radar are highly complex. Iran already has made a AESA radar, called hafez, but that is a ground based radar. As for the 700km missile. They said they will replace fateh,qiam with new gen missiles next year, let's just wait see what they are.

I have a few friends that are a part of defense industry and R&D. I can assure you that they proved to be quite reliable with their news. They were already right about some bold projects (hoot super torpedo as one example... there is a unique story behind it btw..) but until I read an official announcement about this new developments or somehow find it proved, they are all rumors to me... but as wise man says: al aghelol esharah...

The exact rumor is that a R&D firm (with IRIF supervision) in Shiraz park of tech, finished their work on a totally new fighter jet radar that fits well into one of current Iranian fighters and in addition to a +300 km detection range for a 3 sq.m target it has two other distinctive advantages. It can map and target moving targets on ground in day and night and in bad weather (SAR?) and has a sort of UHF band radar unit that can track stealth targets at the same time (I don,t know the range of UHF). The rumor also says that they made F-14s able to act as a ground bomber using guided missiles. I have heard something else about this particular rumor that don't see it right to mention it here. I guess it is something in relation to recent announcements about having fighters capable of confronting F-22s by IRIF commanders. it is all rumors so just have it as a rumor...although, it is very likely they are true as in past... Good to know that I first heard this around 6 months ago...

Regarding 700 km anti-ship ballistic, I have heard exactly a missile dubbed Khalije fars with that range. Perhaps a new gen?

Regarding Sepehr OTH radar, I have heard they came up very surprised by the performance as it is rumored the radar can detect a cruise missile in 3000 km... and a ball in high altitudes...

I also heard something about the recent sub surface missile launch which is I guess pretty a game changer but it also would be a big rumor until it is proved by facts...

I,m not a fan of rumors but in case of Iranian defense developments, it is proved to be close to reality for me... so, just take it as a hint

Last edited:
I have a few friends that are a part of defense industry and R&D. I can assure you that they proved to be quite reliable with their news. They were already right about some bold projects (hoot super torpedo as one example... there is a unique story behind it btw..) but until I read an official announcement about this new developments or somehow find it proved, they are all rumors to me... but as wise man says: al aghelol esharah...

The exact rumor is that a R&D firm (with IRIF supervision) in Shiraz park of tech, finished their work on a totally new fighter jet radar that fits well into one of current Iranian fighters and in addition to a +300 km detection range for 3 sq.m target it has two other distinctive advantages. It can map and target moving targets on ground in day and night and in bad weather (SAR?) and has a sort of UHF band radar unit that can track stealth targets at the same time (I don,t know the range of UHF). The rumor also says that they made F-14s able to act as a ground bomber using guided missiles. I have heard something else about this particular rumor that don't see it right to mention it here. I guess it is something in relation to recent announcements about having fighters capable of confronting F-22s by IRIF commanders. it is all rumors so just have it as a rumor...although, it is very likely they are true as in past... Good to know that I first heard this around 6 months ago...

Regarding 700 km anti-ship ballistic, I have heard exactly a missile dubbed Khalije fars with that range. Perhaps a new gen?

Regarding Sepehr OTH radar, I have heard they came up very surprised by the performance as it is rumored the radar can detect a cruise missile in 3000 km... and a ball in high altitudes...

I also heard something about the recent sub surface missile launch which is I guess pretty a game changer but it also would be a big rumor until it is proved by facts...

I,m not a fan of rumors but in case of Iranian defense developments, it is proved to be close to reality for me... so, just take it as a hint
That is quite interesting.

The F-22 radar has 86% chance of detecting a 1 m2 object at 196 km. However you also need to remember that F35 is claimed to have the RCS of a golf ball (at a certain frequency) so if the rumored radar can really operate at UHF band as well (PAKFA actually does that but the transmitters are on the wing giving it a 120 degree scanning range) then it will be a good addition to the fighters but then the question is what kind of Iranian airborn missile can cover that range with good precision?

I find the rumor about Khalije Fars missile very credible. Actually I would be surprised if they don't increase its range.

That is quite interesting.

The F-22 radar has 86% chance of detecting a 1 m2 object at 196 km. However you also need to remember that F35 is claimed to have the RCS of a golf ball (at a certain frequency) so if the rumored radar can really operate at UHF band as well (PAKFA actually does that but the transmitters are on the wing giving it a 120 degree scanning range) then it will be a good addition to the fighters but then the question is what kind of Iranian airborn missile can cover that range with good precision?

I find the rumor about Khalije Fars missile very credible. Actually I would be surprised if they don't increase its range.
I have to double check with my friend tomorrow to see if there is any updates... I find acquiring an ultra-ultra long range radar like Ibris from Russian or black market of Ukraine a possibility... u know... to use it as a base for their radar! if it is not an upgraded F-14 radar of course which is a totally different story... I could guess 300km is some sort of Early Warning Mode just to use it as mini awacs... As far as I know, Iran does not officially possess any air-air missile longer than Iranian version of phoenix in range (claimed to hit targets in 190 km)... Even with today's state of the art solid electronics which most likely already applied to Iranian phoenixes, it is hard to imagine it can hit a target farther than 120 to 150 km with good probability unless they really improved it in both range and accuracy which is also probable...

Although a radar with a range like this rationally could be big in diameter and only may be fitted in a wide, big nose of F-14 or maybe F-4?! It is also probable they want to fit this into the nose of new gen Saeghe that its model planes are shown repeatedly... what do you think?

Remind me of an old game that me and my brother liked to play as a child when our parents bought us an AMIGA 500 .
It was called cannon fodder .
Now I guess KSA also found its Connon fodder .

and saying an Iranian,, whose soldiers daily die on foreign lands...

For Iran's interests ... not others !

what Interest u have in Iraq and Syria?? Syria even don't have border with your country... ? we to have Interest in supporting Saudis.. Saudi Supported us, when we were in sanctions, Saudi supported us in nuclear program, now our friend need our help... we should help them..

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom