What's new

How to hard sell China's soft power

Everybody is laughing at Koreans and how stupid they look in that video. Just like the negative impression people get about indians from this video:

Sure,sure. And for the (positive?) impression of China, people have SinoChallenger to look upon! That the billions there suffer from gas and flatulence, then regularly let go a "megaton fart" ??? :rofl:

中文 = Chinese characters, not languages.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dictionary

Hence why 说中文 means "speak Chinese", not "speak Chinese characters". Tell any Chinese that and they'll just point at you and laugh.

Just because two languages use same writing system doesn't mean they are same languages, just like how Spanish and Italian using same Roman alphabet to write aren't same languages.

I'm not saying Pinyin = English, here Am I? :lol:

Why you all have to argue always?.... China and korea both makes good movies.... My favorite was movie Together (made by china).... Heart touching and award winning movie....
Together (2002 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
also i loved shaolin soccer movie. It was alot comedy.... Although my most favorite movies are koreans. Christmas in august and my mother the mermaid heart touching movies (made by korea).... We need quality movies. Bollywood lacks quality. I like 3 idiots movie by bollywood....

It is amazing to see even soldiers imitate "Gangnam style".

Might as well post some of these here :)

Just some F'ing around :D

Philippines style!

No one's doing this because they are making fun of Korea, they're doing it because its a fun song, and has fun movements! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Might as well post some of these here :)

Just some F'ing around :D

Philippines style!

No one's doing this because they are making fun of Korea, they're doing it because its a fun song, and has fun movements! :D

For some people that is really hard to understand, or they are not permitted to think so. :)

All the best to New york!

Flashmob Indonesia!

Soft power is all about perceptions and when the majority of the free world look at China what they see is an emerging nation yes, but also a single-party repressive state where freedoms are non-existent, where censorship is rife, where IP means nothing and where the government does what it like to its people and the people are repressed ruthlessly.

But you said "中文", which means written Chinese without the verb "说"

It also means language too, genius :lol:

"说中文" is just an example of how "中文" can be used, it can also be used as "写中文". But I've never expected you to be so "smart" to not understand that.

Now go check "文" with your favorite tool (google translate), and tell me what do you see under noun. :lol:

Actually Chinese individuals will be laughing at you.

Not as fun as laughing at a Korean clown trying to teach Chinese on a forum.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've actually learnt a lot from Korean about China and Chinese culture.

Keep up the informative posts. :tup:

I've actually learnt a lot from Korean about China and Chinese culture.

Keep up the informative posts. :tup:

LOL if you have to learn China and Chinese culture from 'Korean' you're in trouble. He's a master of half trues and can spin them to 100% trues. Like they say: It's better not to know any than to know them not totally true.

Before you know Korean's knowledge of Canandian culture is more accurate than Canandians cause Mr Korean's knowledge is the Bible of cultures and languages.

LOL, a bunch of mainlanders in a desperate denial of the truth!

You mainlanders don't understand that foreigners do not find the Chinese explanation on anything to be credible at all, and you are the examples of why that is.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom