What's new

how to handle a functional schizophrenic..

That is just character issue. You cannot accuse a person has scizopherenia just because her behavior.

More watching on good Islamic preacher will be the solution, many are in Youtube with behavior as the topics, easy to find, particularly if your sister understand English

More watching on good Islamic preacher will be the solution, many are in Youtube with behavior as the topics, easy to find, particularly if your sister understand English

That will help convince her that my Aunt is not conspiring against her?

That will help convince her that my Aunt is not conspiring against her?

Is she working ? She can stay in her house/apartment and live her own life happily.

Dont force any one to marry either if it is not his/her own decision

Is she working ?

Somewhat, we have our own business, she's involved with certain things.

She can stay in her house/apartment and live her own life happily.

She needs to be under supervision, because she's not thinking right. Don't want to see her at my Aunt's doorstep ready to pick a fight.

Dont force any one to marry either if it is not his/her own decision

No forcing, just that she should consider living a normal life.

Last edited:
Funnily my Aunt (mom's sister) is the main antagonist in all of her conspiracy theories. Which is absurd. I have no idea how to convince her that she's not thinking right..

That's a big part of your problem...is your aunt reasonable enough to understand your sis is vulnerable and she shouldn't be influencing her negatively?

If not you need to keep her away from your sis so she's not getting negative supply from her anymore whilst helping her as a family to move past it.

That's a big part of your problem...is your aunt reasonable enough to understand your sis is vulnerable and she shouldn't be influencing her negatively?

Aunt doesn't do anything, it's all in her head. My Aunt literally stopped visiting us for more than a year. Yet every problem she faces in her life is somehow connected to the Aunt and she gets super worked up. Absurd.

How? She won't go to doctor. Once brought a doctor home, she didn't cooperate and created this elaborate conspiracy theory..

A danger to peace. She can be destructive when she's sad, which is everyday. Breaking household stuff etc.

Tbh she dosent sound schizophrenic but more like a very anxious person.

Psychoteraphy can be helpful in such instances. Otherwise try to be emphatic and validate her emotions. I know its hard to not get irrritated and angry but being emphatic is really the cure here. In the deepest sense these are emotional problems which needs to be adressed by the brain.

Excesize, walkin in the park or nature hiking is also good as medicine.

Aunt doesn't do anything, it's all in her head. My Aunt literally stopped visiting us for more than a year. Yet every problem she faces in her life is somehow connected to the Aunt and she gets super worked up. Absurd.

Sounds a lot like persecutory delusions which meets one of the Dsm5 criteria.

Is her thinking disorganized?

Your sister will need help if it is schizophrenia so get a formal diagnosis.

Have you tried the help of Tasbeeh ?? Zikr.

I suggest you to watch Prof Ahmed Rafique Akhtar’s lectures. There is massive lecture and solutions for those in depression and psychological/mental stresses and anxieties

He suggests Tasbeeh and duas to counter it, even famous ppl like abrar ulhaq benefitted.
Listening to surah Rehman in the voice of Qari abdul basit abdulsamad(late egyptian) does wonders…..it’s available on the youtue and internet.

Ok. It might sound trivial but do you live abroad? Asians living abroad in the west all without supplementing have very low vit d. It can affect your mood inducing paranoia/ depression negative thoughts. Affects some more then others. Get her high level vit d supplement 10000 iu plus. I had family members come out of similar mind frames you describe come out taking it everyday.

Can't say..
She uses this weird 'chain of reasoning and logic' (there's probably a diagnostic term for this) all the time to connect random events to my Aunt.

It's paranoid delusions if there are no basis to her beliefs.

Be on the lookout for any reactions to internal stimuli like she is seeing or hearing things.

If this has been going on for a long time I'd reccomend seeing a doctor. I've seen patients improve after medications. But I've also seen patients become much much worse so think carefully and weigh the pros and cons.

Ok. It might sound trivial but do you live abroad? Asians living abroad in the west all without supplementing have very low vit d.

yeah

Get her high level vit d supplement 10000 iu plus. I had family members come out of similar mind frames you describe come out taking it everyday.

I doubt vitamin d can help her but will give it a shot, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom