What's new

how to handle a functional schizophrenic..

Maira La

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
As the title says.
Not the hallucination kind and quite functional, but the person's behavior is intolerable for my parents.
I made the diagnosis. Can't take her to doctor.

SOS. :coffee:

Get a formal diagnosis from a psychiatrist.

Is the person a danger to themselves or other people?

Get a formal diagnosis to rule out other possible mental health issues such as schizoaffective disorder, borderline personality or bipolar.

Get a formal diagnosis to rule out other possible mental health issues such as schizoaffective disorder, borderline personality or bipolar.

Delusion, a persistent sense of persecution, conspiracy theories.. definitely not bipolar or borderline personality disorders.

You can call emergency if the hospital has a mental health ward. There are medications that can assist with psychosis but they have many side effects and the cure might be worse than the illness. They can be given in a depot and one injection lasts for months to ensure compliance.

If your sister is functional then consider yourself lucky, most of the patients at the ward where I work would not be able to hold down a job for a day.

...a mental health ward. There are medications that can assist with psychosis but they have many side effects and the cure might be worse than the illness.

Thought about it, though my parents worry if that would make things worse for her. Or lead to other mental issues.

Last edited:
Funnily my Aunt (mom's sister) is the main antagonist in all of her conspiracy theories. Which is absurd. I have no idea how to convince her that she's not thinking right..

Funnily my Aunt (mom's sister) is the main antagonist in all of her conspiracy theories. Which is absurd. I have no idea how to convince her that she's not thinking right..

I feel your dilemma and pain man.

There are newer medications coming up everyday.

Hopefully one of them will work.

I feel your dilemma and pain man.

Yeah it's very unfortunate, she's the tallest and prettiest among my sister's, the other two are happily married. She should be focusing on getting married and having a normal family life instead of obsessing with all these conspiracy theories everyday and going after my Aunt (Khala).

Back
Top Bottom