What's new

How to concentrate on studies

He will hate it and will definitely fail :lol:

Try to leave concentrating on those things that are not letting you to concentrate on studies.

Infect - An Indian poster can skip the post of his fallow but will read post by Pakistani. Don't believe it? Just ask, Bhagwan ki qasam kha kar batain, you will find majority do this.

This technique always worked for me.

Go and study in a Library. How does that help?

* Before anything, you need to have will power to study

* You can have any type of reference related to your subject of study in a few steps

* Do not bring a laptop along, that's always bad. Turn phone off. Basically cut yourself off from the world, when you return world would still be there

* Bring some snacks so you can stay there for long time

* Watching other people there studying as well adds to your will power

* And keep in mind, just because a library is quiet and cozy it doesn't mean a person should sleep there.

@karan21 i have an elective slot in 2A (Fall 2013) should I just pick CLAS100 or ECON102?

Last edited by a moderator:
@karan21 i have an elective slot in 2A (Fall 2013) should I just pick CLAS100 or ECON102?

I would take something I am interested in. Its all upto you man. For 2b I am taking some courses in processing and programming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Micro xerox all the vital pages and learn how to hide em from think tanks,professionals of this subject:raise:

I cannot study my exams are almost on my head
I am a commerce + maths student
What to do I cannot concentrate

Members please help

my unconventional recommendation- pick up this little 70 page book called 'how to do what you want to do' by Dr. Paul Hauck. Ransack the earth if you have to to get your hands on it. Read it, live it, breathe it like your bible. You won't ask this question again. It used to be available through CSR book series (printed by sheldon press).

(people in the know- troll of the century is back :azn:)

Just look at previous papers, look for pattern and what are important portion. Photocopy the notes of a person who has attended all classes and has marked important topics said by Prof.s while teaching those topic in clas..

Go to Prof., ask few questions, genuine one, and then thank him a lot, then ask Sir/Ma'am which portion I should focus on.

I have passed many courses by just telling white lies and genuine reasons to get grades up. Everything is fair in love and Grades. :lol:

I ued to completely leave few portions or just give a read which has less number of % of marks.

2-3 days before Mid Sem, a week before Final sem for all the subject, late night studies during exams.

I kept above 75 % but also watched movie or play CS. Just for one or two hours.

Never care what other tell you about why you go to Profs. why you are studying ?

They are generally those who themselves a$$ lick prof. for entire sem and study in hiding while for time pass they come to waste your time. Few question they ask after lecture are so pathetic that you may want to slap them hard. ut that's how they come into good book of Profs.

Also a major thing, your Prof.s should know your name so that they can remember you and give a better grade if you are at margin.

Works for college and schools, both.

If you want more tips, let me know.

Infect - An Indian poster can skip the post of his fallow but will read post by Pakistani. Don't believe it? Just ask, Bhagwan ki qasam kha kar batain, you will find majority do this.

Indians se tum hum baatein karte hi hain, Pakistanis se to PDF par hi baat ho paati hai.

Simply go to any toppers room and study with him :cheers:

I only used to concentrate a week before exams and my target is 70 percent above and I got it, More than those marks I donno what we will achieve, since lot of campus interviews put 70 % as cut off.

Simply go to any toppers room and study with him :cheers:

I only used to concentrate a week before exams and my target is 70 percent above and I got it, More than those marks I donno what we will achieve, since lot of campus interviews put 70 % as cut off.

Bahai ji aap Kis jamane kee baat karahe ho
Commerce mien 95% se kam koi jadu bhi nahi marnedeta

Bahai ji aap Kis jamane kee baat karahe ho
Commerce mien 95% se kam koi jadu bhi nahi marnedeta

Oh ...I am not related to Commerce, I am Masters in VLSI.

It is better for you to make sure you are in right kind of environment before exams, Go to any friends room and do not think any thing else.

His problem is not how get good grades, but how to concentrate on studies!

Lack of concentration can be a serious issue if not dealt properly and early. Once you go off the track for a long time it takes equally long to get back. Try to figure out your addictions and the reasons that keep you away from studies or things that keep your mind distracted from studies. Could be anything, from internet, TV, sex to fear of failure. So figuring that out is the most important part. Once you do that try to get rid of it and change your lifestyle accordingly. But if it still doesn't improve your situation go see a psychiatrist. lack of concentration can lead to serious mental disorder, anxiety, depression etc. Better to treat it properly than suffer silently.

Back
Top Bottom