What's new

How to become junior commissioned officer in indian army

Reaction score
Country
India
hi friends....
I wanted to join indian army for a long time.... After a brief struggle at house, parents have finally agreed... But since none of my relations have joined the army(one cousin had joined, but he had died during service 4 years ago), i have no one to guide me... If my indian brothers say me the procedures to join the army as a junior commissioned officer it would be of a great help to me.... I have currently still a year of studying left in me....

I dont know much about Indian army, but I think you dont get inducted directly as junior commissioned officer. You join as sepoy and go up the ladder in due course of time

Engineering...Electronics and instrumentation....

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

I dont know much about Indian army, but I think you dont get inducted directly as junior commissioned officer. You join as sepoy and go up the ladder in due course of time

No mate.... Graduates get directly posted as officers.... i think so.... after competitive exams i guess...

Engineering...Electronics and instrumentation....

In which case you stand a chance of getting enrolled in the MES / Corps of Engineers , they take direct entries at JE ( Junior Engineer) level. Provided of course you meet the age,height, medical & education criterion.

Follow the employment news and contact the local BRO.

Isn't it strange that you seek inputs to join the Indian Army on a Pak forum?

In which case you stand a chance of getting enrolled in the MES / Corps of Engineers , they take direct entries at JE ( Junior Engineer) level. Provided of course you meet the age,height, medical & education criterion.

Follow the employment news and contact the local BRO.

I can assure u i am athletic and over 6 feet....
But u sure, there is a direct entry?

LOL.... this is too funny.
How to join indian Army thread on Pak Def.
I am sure there are other Indian Forums for these kind of things.

LOL.... this is too funny.
How to join indian Army thread on Pak Def.
I am sure there are other Indian Forums for these kind of things.

maybe mate, but i have got used to this site... Ur comments make me feel very unwelcome in this site...

You have not stated your educational qualifications. Are you studying to be a graduate or a diploma? With a graduation/technical qualification, you are eligible to join as an officer in any of the technical arms like the EME (Electrical and Mechanican Engineering) or the Corps of Engineers or the Signal Corps. You may also join the technical arms of the IAF or IN. It depends on your qualifications, a grad or a post grad will do. BTW, as a grad, you may also opt for any of the fighting arms like infantry, artillery, armoured corps, mechanised infantry or aviation corps. You have to apply for the CDS. Exams are conducted twice a year, watch out for the notifications in leading dailies. Try this link.

All the best.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

You have not stated your educational qualifications. Are you studying to be a graduate or a diploma? With a graduation/technical qualification, you are eligible to join as an officer in any of the technical arms like the EME (Electrical and Mechanican Engineering) or the Corps of Engineers or the Signal Corps. You may also join the technical arms of the IAF or IN. It depends on your qualifications, a grad or a post grad will do. BTW, as a grad, you may also opt for any of the fighting arms like infantry, artillery, armoured corps, mechanised infantry or aviation corps. You have to apply for the CDS. Exams are conducted twice a year, watch out for the notifications in leading dailies. Try this link.

All the best.

Back
Top Bottom