What's new

How to become a F-16 pilot in paf

Sameer25

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi I just had a question. I currently live in the US I've been living here since 2011. im currently 17 and i wanted to know what the chance of me becoming a F-16 pilot is if i come back and join the PAF. What are the physical, mental and educational requirments. if i join the PAF i want to fly F-16s, JF-17 is my second option. i dont wanna get stuck flying J7s and Mirages or order outdated planes

Hi I just had a question. I currently live in the US I've been living here since 2011. im currently 17 and i wanted to know what the chance of me becoming a F-16 pilot is if i come back and join the PAF. What are the physical, mental and educational requirments. if i join the PAF i want to fly F-16s, JF-17 is my second option. i dont wanna get stuck flying J7s and Mirages or order outdated planes

Unless you know someone in PAF it may be very difficult.

Why don't you try in USAF?

What nonsense, acquaintance may help you join the Indian air force but PAF is reported to set higher requirement standards than most Western forces.
@ topic joining air force is a little different than visiting the local showroom and picking a car of your choice of model, colour and shape.

dude , its military not some boys club. You need to first get into air force and higher officers will decide who is good for what based on their skill & ability. Not every one who joins air force gets to become a pilot.

dude , its military not some boys club. You need to first get into air force and higher officers will decide who is good for what based on their skill & ability. Not every one who joins air force gets to become a pilot.

hahaha agree with u.. plz first get in PAF

Most likely you have to be amongst the Top 10 percent of all the Trainees / cadets

if i join the PAF i want to fly F-16s, JF-17 is my second option. i dont wanna get stuck flying J7s and Mirages or order outdated planes
Bhaijan, PAF is not McDonald's and doesnt your individual needs and desires, first prove your self worthy of being even considered to fly with PAF colours.
You are better off staying with the yanks with an attitude like this.

Hi I just had a question. I currently live in the US I've been living here since 2011. im currently 17 and i wanted to know what the chance of me becoming a F-16 pilot is if i come back and join the PAF. What are the physical, mental and educational requirments. if i join the PAF i want to fly F-16s, JF-17 is my second option. I don't wanna get stuck flying J7s and Mirages or order outdated planes
my sincere advice to you drop the idea of PAFand try your luck in the army or even USAF it is very very difficult to get selected in PAF as GDP in last course my friend applied in PAF he and 71 other candidates in his batch were all rejected without any reason only those with exceptional skills in every field can dream of joining PAF

i think im at a pretty good piont, im physically fit, i have a 5 minute mile, i have a high GPA and ive been playing flight simulators since i was 10. ive almost got my piloting licence and i havent even gradutaed high school

i think im at a pretty good piont, im physically fit, i have a 5 minute mile, i have a high GPA and ive been playing flight simulators since i was 10. ive almost got my piloting licence and i havent even gradutaed high school
Build application packages for both. Flying fighters with USAF has multiple routes but you need to be extremely competitive to get in. There is the US Air Force Academy, ROTC, Air Force Reserve and the Air National Guard. For PAF, your best bet would be to get in touch with the current air attache at Washington DC, as requirements vary from year to year. Career progression in the US is very different from PAF. If you get into PAF and graduate as a pilot, chances are if you stay long enough you will become a flight commander and a squadron commander, and will naturally progress in rank. In the USAF, it isn't like that....you can only progress based on your leadership skills, exams and based on your deployments. There are plus and minus points to both services, and you're in a lucky position to be eligible for both. Overall fitness will play a better role for you in USAF than in PAF, as most (not all) pilots start their transition to belly fighters, but that is primarily due to the lifestyle of an officer over there.

Also carry on with your pilots license. It is worth having it on you.

Cheers and good luck !!!

P.S. : Also look into naval aviation with the US Navy and US Marine Corps.

this is PAF not indian fly a dead coffin. read what happened to PAF chiefs son. brain before mouth you untouchable

to be honest chances are very low. PAF has the highest rejection rate in the world. we have a very high pilot to plane ratio and only the best of the best become pilots and then to fly the f16 you have to be the daddy.

I was listening to the interview of a Pakistani C 130 pilot on BBC tv, he stated that in 2015 their were over a 100 thousand applications to join PAF , about a 100 applications were accepted, I suspect fighter pilot application was undoubtedly the toughest and most competitive of all.Kudos

to be honest chances are very low. PAF has the highest rejection rate in the world. we have a very high pilot to plane ratio and only the best of the best become pilots and then to fly the f16 you have to be the daddy.
It is possible. They're not extraordinary people...they're lucky in the sense that hard work and opportunity often intersect to get that luck. I know a bunch of who didn't who are excellent pilots and never made it to F-16s and then there are average joes or lottas flying Vipers. All about timing, apply for it and give it your best shot. You have nothing to lose.......

PAF pilots are so great that the one of the first JF-17s test pilots got suspended in CCS. And USAF pilots are so mediocre that they become astronauts.

Bottom line...your call and I suggest you apply to both.

Cheers !!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom