What's new

How the Taliban won - It will be passed down for generations, all the lost limbs and the money lost

What about these guys, that they are smiling,

They are soldiers who have done right by their assigned duties. Hence the smiles. And the honor their grateful nation gives them.

As USA becomes more unpopular, they will lose their influence and leverage in the world.

So when is that going to happen? :D

1668645396656.png

1668645414578.png

1668645539661.png

They are soldiers who have done right by their assigned duties. Hence the smiles. And the honor their grateful nation gives them.

So when is that going to happen? :D
Then why don't you go join the American army and get blown up in an immoral and illegal war? :D

Peace accords had nothing to do with this. Kabul regime had plenty of support to continue fighting. Taliban won because the Hindutva Afghan regime in Kabul was massively incompetent and corrupt. Hamdullah Mohib was a complete moron that should have stuck to computer programming. The Kabul regime was a house of cards built on skimming money from the foreign war effort and foreign aid. It had no legitimacy on the ground. When the west announced it was leaving.......it made more sense for the Hindutva Afghan elites to flee abroad with their stolen wealth. That in turn made it more sense for there foot soldiers to flee to western evacuation planes then to fight for elites that were abandoning them.

Peace accords had nothing to do with this. Kabul regime had plenty of support to continue fighting. Taliban won because the Hindutva Afghan regime in Kabul was massively incompetent and corrupt. Hamdullah Mohib was a complete moron that should have stuck to computer programming. The Kabul regime was a house of cards built on skimming money from the foreign war effort and foreign aid. It had no legitimacy on the ground. When the west announced it was leaving.......it made more sense for the Hindutva Afghan elites to flee abroad with their stolen wealth. That in turn made it more sense for foot soldiers to flee to western evacuation planes then to fight for elites that were abandoning them.
Yes, I heard all the foreigners including Ashraf Ghani running for their lives. lol.

Taliban won ? What exactly ? USA won ? What exactly ? no body wins, and Pakistan was F'd up in that war as well.

Taliban won is a myth.

They just did not lose. And in essence they’ve made their country a graveyard for foreign empires, yes, but in the process they did the same for themselves.

I might get a lot of slack here, but TTP and Taliban are 2 sides of the same coin. Pakistan might see short term relief in having the US leave Afghanistan, but in the not so distant future the Pakistani army and politicians need to be ready for the fact that they have to deal with Taliban, the same way they are dealing with TTP today.

It is clear, their ideology does not fit into the civilized world and the ramifications are felt inside of Pakistan.

The US Army completely destroyed the Taliban in every head on battle during the war, why do you think those cowardly rats had to resort to suicide bombings and guerilla warfare during the whole war? the US could have easily destroyed the Taliban in hours if they really wanted to, but that wasn't their objective.

You know, you never beat us on the battlefield,’ I told my North Vietnamese counterpart during negotiations in Hanoi a week before the fall of Saigon. He pondered that remark a moment and then replied, ‘That may be so, but it is also irrelevant.’ - Excerpt from an article written by Colonel Harry G. Summers and originally published in the Summer 1998 issue of Vietnam Magazine.

You know, you never beat us on the battlefield,’ I told my North Vietnamese counterpart during negotiations in Hanoi a week before the fall of Saigon. He pondered that remark a moment and then replied, ‘That may be so, but it is also irrelevant.’ - Excerpt from an article written by Colonel Harry G. Summers and originally published in the Summer 1998 issue of Vietnam Magazine.
You know, you never beat us on the battlefield - This is Amreekan Rambo talk but ground realities are very different but then in the end as you said it is irrelevant.

If it leads to a better society for the afghan people only then they won

it doesn't have to happen rn, it took Vietnam couple of decades to get back up again but end goal should be a better country

I love Afghans. Had a couple of them as my coursemates. Tough as nails those buggers were and loyal to the death in a fight. One of my Afghan friends (we met in Turkey) is a famous You Tuber. Pathan Bhai. Some of you guys might know of him. A patriot and loves India as we love Afghanistan.

Please don't mind a kaffur Hindu for saying this, but she's gorgeous man. Lots of Pashtun girls are. Is she the exotic princess that was in the stands in the cricket matches? If yes, then she has 1.3 billion Indian fans. There are two Pashtun sisters as well who are very pro India and pro Modi. One is a bit chubby and the other seems to be in her shadow, but its her I find the prettier nicer one.

Actions speak louder words. Hamdullah Mohib went to New Delhi to plead for India to send military forces to Afghanistan after the USA announced their withdrawal. India showed no love or loyalty to the death for the Hindutva Afghan regime and refused. :lol:

Why should we? I was merely talking about myself and not my Hindutva leadership, but yeah, why should we do the same thing that the US and you did and make their people resent and eventually hate and bleed us white. As they did to both of you? We have NEVER interfered in their affairs. Afghanistan is for the Afghans. Period. We will be their brothers and help them. But they decide how and where and from whom to take that help. I told you I had Afghan coursemates. I have had Indian coursemates as well embedded in Afghanistan for varying periods of time. Doing what they do. No need for you or anyone here to know what that is. But they were loved and protected by both sides. And when something bad was to go down in a nearby marketplace, they were told in broken Hindi to spend more time sunbathing and having tea where they were and not to venture there between such and such time. All the best to your country son. I really mean it.

It's a cultural reason that the Pashtuns will always be victorious in Afghanistan, there is no security betting your money on Tajiks/Hazaras unless you're going to provide boots on ground military support.

In Afghanistan, Pashtun society is incredibly tribal and they are collectively raised on hatred backed by a mix of nationalism and Islam, hatred towards Pakistan, Punjabis, Gul Khans, Tajiks, Hazaras, etc. They are willing to be absolute savages and brutes to achieve their objective, the amount of deaths doesn't matter, hence why they are even ready to blow themselves up.

You cannot kill the Taliban, because effectively the ideology of the Taliban lives in pretty much all of the Afghan Pashtun population, if push comes to shove they'll always have mass recruits ready.

On the other hand Tajiks and Hazaras are generally more educated and don't harbour this level of hatred, therefore they can't maintain much loss or have the will power to blow themselves up constantly to achieve the objective. It will break them quickly.

The very fundamental goal the US was trying to achieve was against Afghan principles on a foundational level.

*No one* accepted their narrative. Their mistake was thinking they'll go in and kill the existing talibs and declare victory, but you cannot kill an ideology, that ideology lived within nearly every Afghan Pashtun very strongly, hence the Taliban had a massive recruitment pool, and that's why the US was never going to win.

The TTP and their suicide bombers are all Punjabi.

The 10 killers who were sent on a one way ticket to Mumbai were all Punjabi.

Should be a good equal matchup then. Of cultures.

Last edited:
Don’t be emotional, and look at wars through the bigger picture of diplomacy.

What did Taliban achieve pre and post war? More land, yes, but in the larger realm of things, they are isolated, most of the world refuses to see them as civilized, and they are a headache for their neighbors.

The US just walked off the country after getting tired and probably stopped the outflow of $ into a bottomless pit. Most importantly, to focus elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom