What's new

How the Chinese fought against us in Beijing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enemy

Reaction score
Hi, this is a historical question which deals with a very poorly known military aspect. I think many of you know that during the Opium Wars, Indian soldiers encountered Chinese forces while invading Peking (Beijing). The end of the Second Opium War resulted in tragic Chinese defeat and successful Indian invasion. Since then, in every operation held in China, Indian military contingent had been earning the reputation of overwhelming victory. The Boxer period also displayed Indian victory in China. Vintage images show that Indian soldiers were carrying firearms throughout the successful invasions, sometimes they rode horses to attack remote Chinese villages and patrolling in the seized city.

Now these are the facts we all know. What I don't know and perhaps many of you too, is the reason for China's recurrent defeat in both Opium Wars till the Boxers. Why the Chinese could not defend themselves against us is the question that does not have sufficient answers. Some believe that the Chinese did not have firearms which resulted in their fatal defeat, some say Chinese forces were primitive in both skill and weapon system, some even say Chinese forces were not forces at all in the true sense of the term, some then blame the then political system of China for China's defeat and the start of China's Century of Humiliation and finally some blame the superstitious backwardness of overall Chinese society. There are several explanations but the military explanation seems to be more acceptable to me. I have never come across any image where a royal Qing soldier is seen carrying a firearm like rifle. But I just wonder how could the Chinese soldiers were left without firearms despite the fact that Chinese themselves had invented gun powder. And also the military strategy, in my opinion, of China was weaker at that time. For example, the lack of potential naval power with long range projection restricted the Chinese defense within the shores which made them unable to resist Indian ships carrying soldiers up to the point of beach landing. The old photos are good testimonial to this fact.

So, I request the Chinese posters or anyone well versed with the period's history to share his own views on the defeat of Chinese forces and also reasons behind Indian victory. It would also be interesting if anyone tells us whether the Chinese had firearms and if not, why not. Thanks.

Be prepared for ` do U remember 1962 spanking`... from Chinese Dragon and Shuttler.. ;)

No one will come to U r rescue now ;)

Be prepared for ` do U remember 1962 spanking`... from Chinese Dragon and Shuttler.. ;)

No one will come to U r rescue now ;)

No it has nothing to do with 1962. I am talking about things which started in the mid 19th century and lasted till the end of the WW II. I think they should not bring 1962.

you guys forgot your meds again?

So the Indians are now claiming that the British forces made up of Indian slaves were actually representatives of a country (India) that did not even exist yet? :lol:

No No No, Indians were not slaves of the British during the invasion of China. Indians were partners. The old photos show Indian soldiers standing or fighting shoulder to shoulder with the British. Actually, Indians soldiers were more in number than those of the British. Indians alone handled the entire Old Summer Palace episode which proves how much decision making power the Indian soldiers had.

No No No, Indians were not slaves of the British during the invasion of China. Indians were partners. The old photos show Indian soldiers standing or fighting shoulder to shoulder with the British. Actually, Indians soldiers were more in number than those of the British. Indians alone handled the entire Old Summer Palace episode which proves how much decision making power the Indian soldiers had.

If Indian soldiers looted so much from China, why is India today dirt pis$ poor and Britain wealthy? Where did all money go?

Sounds like slaves dude...

Hi, this is a historical question which deals with a very poorly known military aspect. I think many of you know that during the Opium Wars, Indian soldiers encountered Chinese forces while invading Peking (Beijing). The end of the Second Opium War resulted in tragic Chinese defeat and successful Indian invasion. Since then, in every operation held in China, Indian military contingent had been earning the reputation of overwhelming victory. The Boxer period also displayed Indian victory in China. Vintage images show that Indian soldiers were carrying firearms throughout the successful invasions, sometimes they rode horses to attack remote Chinese villages and patrolling in the seized city.

Now these are the facts we all know. What I don't know and perhaps many of you too, is the reason for China's recurrent defeat in both Opium Wars till the Boxers. Why the Chinese could not defend themselves against us is the question that does not have sufficient answers. Some believe that the Chinese did not have firearms which resulted in their fatal defeat, some say Chinese forces were primitive in both skill and weapon system, some even say Chinese forces were not forces at all in the true sense of the term, some then blame the then political system of China for China's defeat and the start of China's Century of Humiliation and finally some blame the superstitious backwardness of overall Chinese society. There are several explanations but the military explanation seems to be more acceptable to me. I have never come across any image where a royal Qin soldier is seen carrying a firearm like rifle. But I just wonder how could the Chinese soldiers were left without firearms despite the fact that Chinese themselves had invented gun powder. And also the military strategy, in my opinion, of China was weaker at that time. For example, the lack of potential naval power with long range projection restricted the Chinese defense within the shores which made them unable to resist Indian ships carrying soldiers up to the point of beach landing. The old photos are good testimonial to this fact.

So, I request the Chinese posters or anyone well versed with the period's history to share his own views on the defeat of Chinese forces and also reasons behind Indian victory. It would also be interesting if anyone tells us whether the Chinese had firearms and if not, why not. Thanks.

Be careful on the highlighted item. Qin and Qing are two different dynasties. Qin was from BC and Qing was from the most recent years until Sun Yat Sen got rid of them in 1911.

You should be ashamed of yourself:angry:

Do not take pride in Indians being part of a slave army that attacked a fellow Asian country.

Razpak, Indians were not slaves during the invasion of China.

Sounds like slaves dude...

Do the Indians look slaves in the images?

2e663dc.jpg

1252m2t.jpg

2jdjmlx.jpg

Indian soldier with a Chinese ......

20h6mgo.png

Even this cartoon portrays an Indian king as equal partner.

34yd0n8.gif

And **** fest will commence in 3...2...1.

Be careful on the highlighted item. Qin and Qing are two different dynasties. Qin was from BC and Qing was from the most recent years until Sun Yat Sen got rid of them in 1911.

Yes, you are right, I am sorry I just forgot to type n. Corrected now. Thanks.

And **** fest will commence in 3...2...1.

Its a serious debate. Please avoid troll fest.

So far this image of Opium War II shows the Chinese army men with their weapons and armors.

2i0u97n.jpg

You should be ashamed of yourself:angry:

Do not take pride in Indians being part of a slave army that attacked a fellow Asian country.

This Asian thing is a bluff, nobody actually believes in it. If Chinese believe in this Asian thing, why did not they support Japan during the WW II? Why did they ally themselves with the Europeans against Japan?

We are different from Chinese in blood, in culture, in belief, in everything.

Now this photo shows we used cannons while trying to seize Beijing.

34xm537.jpg

This photo shows we used railways to transport troops and logistics from one place to another.

e6stcn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom