What's new

How Tejas MK1A and JF-17 Block III fare against each other!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fundamental Assumption: Chinese stuff is always substandard. If india can produce decent stuff why not China who has much advance R&D systems. if this assumption corrected then there is no difference except one will be matured earlier and other later.

Tejas MK1A for only 50 millions USD? Go get a life

Thanks, @kahonapyarhai , for this reproduction intended to make tempers flare up on the Pakistani side, and to make PDF kiddies jump up and down on the Indian side. You should be complimented for the smooth, almost imperceptible change of stance to an agent provocateur. Deft, professional, practised......

I found it amusing, on paper Indians have always claimed Tejas to be superior but in reality things have been different.
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/gov...-says-it-fails-to-meet-air-forces-need-761618
You can argue the article is from 2015 but if you read it full you will know despite best efforts it will not be possible to get the advertised specs from the existing model hence the extensive work for the MK-1A model and not a MK-2. Minus the radar MK-1A will be comparable to JF-17Blk-2. Infact even the Block-2 can get the AESA update since according to a Chinese member post KLJ-7A AESA is designed with modular upgrade of existing KLJ-7 radars in mind, so older units can be updated too with replacement of antenna and other components while still using same cooling and power load.

Whole premise is that since JF-17 will have Chinese components its automatically inferior. What kind of logic is that, by this logic please stop using Apple & Samsung products since they are made in China too, I bet you typed it on a device that was made in China. For radars PAF has had 2 Chinese options and the Italian Vixen 1000ES (Aka Raven ES05 on Grippen NG). 1 of the 2 Chinese options is a copy of the Elta 2052 made in China after tech transfer (google it up).
They are all comparable but PAF is going to be evaluating and choosing the one with the best cost to benefit ratio, so doesn't mean inferior.

Then there is the fact that it is now widely acknowledged that the existing Tejas does not meet it's advertised performance specs, whereas the JF-17 does. The MK-1A variant is intended as a rectification to meet the specs required it will not be a improvement of the outlined specs. Whereas the JF-17 is a operational jet with 19000+ hrs and 100+ units able to perform at its advertised specs and in its third iteration for improvement of specs.

And thirdly in my opinion I no longer consider Tejas and JF-17 as comparable since. JF-17 is more similar to Grippen. Tejas endurance at combat load 59min Vs JF-17 3.5hrs. They are totally different in this regard. You can put the Tejas on as many steroids as possible but the fact is the Tejas design doesnt have the room for drastic improvement, hence the need for repeated foreign tenders for make in India.
https://thediplomat.com/2017/11/ind...ht-combat-aircraft-cant-protect-indian-skies/
jf-17 performance dubai.jpg

You have my full permission to be as amused as you please. My views on the article, not the contents, but its timing and its probable impact, are there already. You will understand if I prefer to chuckle at the Sunday comics.

You have my full permission to be as amused as you please. My views on the article, not the contents, but its timing and its probable impact, are there already. You will understand if I prefer to chuckle at the Sunday comics.
Reality Vs Imaginary

Reality Vs Imaginary

Quite possibly. Can you play somewhere else, or would you prefer to reign unchallenged, in which case, I shall shift my worthless carcasse?

Fundamental Assumption: Chinese stuff is always substandard. If india can produce decent stuff why not China who has much advance R&D systems. if this assumption corrected then there is no difference except one will be matured earlier and other later.

Fundamental assumption: this is a plane assembled purely with components designed and developed by the Chinese, and in no way different from India's assembling of the MiG 21. You can take it from there.

Quite possibly. Can you play somewhere else, or would you prefer to reign unchallenged, in which case, I shall shift my worthless carcasse?

Fundamental assumption: this is a plane assembled purely with components designed and developed by the Chinese, and in no way different from India's assembling of the MiG 21. You can take it from there.
Lala Ji ziada Pee ke na aya karo.

Still remember the KLIVT TVC engine used on Mig35, we can adapt it to JF17 as well if needed. Then be it WVR or BVR, LCA is doomed.

NOW you've got me nervous! :eek:

No need! I'm much nicer on the net
if only because my arms are not that
long but also because even IRL, if the
nuisance removes itself, I rarely bother
to chase it.

Loin des yeux, loin du coeur _becomes
Loin des bras, loin de la colère _in me.

Probably some laziness too ...

lazy_wolf_by_fohat.jpg Tay.

P.S. You should use some laziness yourself
and ignore the shouting ignoramus ...

Last edited:
NOW you've got me nervous! :eek:

I can safely confirm to you I'm not a demi-god, but belong to the other side; I was named after an invincible demon prince.
Let me hazard a guess... Indrajeet or Meghnaad?

No need! I'm much nicer on the net
if only because my arms are not that
long but also because even IRL, if the
nuisance removes itself, I rarely bother
to chase it.

Loin des yeux, loin du coeur _becomes
Loin des bras, loin de la colère _in me.

Probably some laziness too ...

View attachment 466550 Tay.

P.S. You should some laziness yourself
and ignore the shouting ignoramus ...

About to leave and go and cook something tasty to eat. I am SO glad about the arms and your anger. Now I can cook in peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom