What's new

How Russia prevented a joint US-UK attack on India in 1971

and after a few years we repaid them back with interest!

How??By giving us Siachen on a silver platter and sending in hundreds of your soldiers to the Indians,sitting atop the Saltoro ridge,only to be slaughtered like a flock of sheep??Some payback.

Niyazi became excited and in his new found bravado claimed "surrender over my dead body".

Soon he realised that his higher than mountain friend (then USA) not coming.He surrendered to just 6000 indian troops in a miserable condition.

`Niazi was forced to surrender in public in Dhaka`

Well,the Indian troops numbered only 3000 at that time.

How??By giving us Siachen on a silver platter and sending in hundreds of your soldiers to the Indians,sitting atop the Saltoro ridge,only to be slaughtered like a flock of sheep??Some payback.

Well,the Indian troops numbered only 3000 at that time.
Ohh may be they numbered 300 commanded by leonides ?

Ha ha. If you are really from Bangladesh learn to show some gratitude towards a country that helped to stop a genocide and mass rape on your population.

And if you are going to reply me by saying that you no need to be grateful to India, then I find no reason to blame Pakistan for their treatment of your population before your liberation by India.

Chee. Such an thankless creature wearing a religious spectacles.:hitwall:

you are either bliend or idot, the title of this thread " How Russia prevented a joint US-UK attack on India in 1971 ".
you highlited my first line but don,t see the thankfull 2nd line..................? o_O
where i say ............? we are not thankfull to india? :cuckoo:
i don,t know what others prospective but me personally thankfull to india................:cheers:
but after independence do you ever try to understand why most of bangladeshi, including me don,t like you gyes.............? :big_boss:

where you found religious spectacles...........?:angry:
you are talking about respect ? first you need to know how to respect others...................?:angry:

Last edited:
you are either bliend or idot, the title of this thread " How Russia prevented a joint US-UK attack on India in 1971 ".
you highlited my first line but don,t see the thankfull 2nd line..................? o_O
where i say ............? we are not thankfull to inda? :cuckoo:
i don,t know what others prospective but me personally thankfull to india................:cheers:
but after independence do you ever try to understand why most of bangladeshi, including me don,t like you gyes.............? :big_boss:

where you found religious spectacles...........?:angry:
you are talking about respect ? first you need to know how to respect others...................?:angry:
Please. Sir elaborate why bengalis dont like Indians

Please. Sir elaborate why bengalis dont like Indians

i don,t say bangalis don,t like indians............:disagree:
i say " after independence do you ever try to understand why most of bangladeshi, including me don,t like you gyes "? i was refaring to that ideot Ramesh N gyes.

i can,t say what all the bangladeshi people think about india? but i only say my personal thought and my personal thought is that " for me it,s no personal haters to any nation or nationality, what ever it is india, pakistan, american or russien. every nationality or religious have some blackship but that does not mean all the nationality people of that particular nation are same.........:big_boss:
who is friendly to us we are friendly to them.............but who think they are the master of Bangladesh then we will like to kick there @$$. - because Bangladesh own it,s independent with it,s people blood.......:butcher:

Last edited:
i don,t say bangalis don,t like indians............:disagree:
i say " after independence do you ever try to understand why most of bangladeshi, including me don,t like you gyes "? i was refaring to that ideot Ramesh N gyes.

i can,t say what all the bangladeshi people think about india? but i only say my personal thought and my personal thought is that " for me it,s no personal haters to any nation or nationality, what ever it is india, pakistan, american or russien. every nationality or religious have some blackship but that does not mean all the nationality people of that particular nation are same.........:big_boss:
who is friendly to us we are friendly to them.............but who think they are the master of Bangladesh then we will like to kick there @$$. - because Bangladesh own it,s independent with it,s people blood.......:butcher:
Sir i am Pakistani i just always had this curious feeling about bengali brothers i have met many bengalis here living like a normal Pakistani even after 1971 and that was a big incident so i just cant imagine what happened during that time that once we fight side by side each other during independence during 1965 if i recall it rightly it was bengal rifles involved in defense of Lahore and i do respect the bengalis because they faught only for thier rights but looking at your politics now you are still slave 1 after another British west Pakistan and now India dont get me wrong meant no,disrespect i just mean after all those sacrifice india took glory from you they think that they gave you independence served on a platter and now they dictate your politics

If you are ignorant of the history,that's none of my concerns.I just stated the facts,take it or leave it,I ain't shoving it down your throat.
Then back it up give us figures of your clame that indian troops numbered 3000 when niazi surrendered

Then back it up give us figures of your clame that indian troops numbered 3000 when niazi surrendered
An interview of JFR Jacob who accepted the surrender

You seem to have played a very important role in getting Pakistan to surrender.
Manekshaw called me and said, “Jake, go and get a surrender.” I said, “I sent you a surrender document, three days ago. Do I negotiate on that?” He just told me, “You know what to do.” That’s the only order I got. I was carrying my unconfirmed draft of the instrument of surrender to the meeting with Lieutenant General Niazi, [who headed the Eastern Command of the Pakistan Army]. At the meeting, Niazi said he had only come to discuss a ceasefire and not surrender...I took him to the side and told him that if they would surrender I could guarantee the safety of their families. I gave him 30 minutes and said if we didn’t reach an agreement by then, there would be resumption of hostilities and bombing. Then I thought to myself, “What have I done?” Suppose he says no, what do I do? I had nothing in my hand. Niazi had 26,400 troops. We had about 3,000, that’s all.

Read more: Forbes India Magazine - Lt. General J.F.R. Jacob: I Had To Ignore Orders

Sir i am Pakistani i just always had this curious feeling about bengali brothers i have met many bengalis here living like a normal Pakistani even after 1971 and that was a big incident so i just cant imagine what happened during that time that once we fight side by side each other during independence during 1965 if i recall it rightly it was bengal rifles involved in defense of Lahore and i do respect the bengalis because they faught only for thier rights but looking at your politics now you are still slave 1 after another British west Pakistan and now India dont get me wrong meant no,disrespect i just mean after all those sacrifice india took glory from you they think that they gave you independence served on a platter and now they dictate your politics

men stop digging those trools, lets stop hate each others. we need to develop our country. in ww2 japan is nuke by usa. but now america is best friend of japan and we consider japan is an economical superpower. on the other side we indians, bangladeshi, pakistani still shoting each others..................:hitwall:
i don,t know how many time i say every country is welcome to BANGLADESH for economical development..............:welcome::cheers:

Russia didn't do anything special for India...my friend's grandfather was in airforce and fighting for india on that time....he told us that Indira gandhi called russian president and asked for help!
But russia said to her that we will give you the same answer what we received from Jawahar Lal Nehru during cold war which is "NO"
Then Indira said alright.dont help us and uk will defeat india and will capture our country after that they will start war against you from india then we will see what you will do.
Her that sentence changed russia's decision and then russia agreed to help India.!

So that doesn't mean that russia considers india as brother or vice versa
Russia saved india from US/UK just to save itself.

I ain't talking about that one instance. For over 40 years Russia helped us with numerous vetos in the UN, sharing cutting edge technology and military hardware and what not all. In 71' they not only thawed US/UK from meddling but also threatened Turkey and Iran to stay away or help Pakistan. Even as recently as Kargil Indian military planners have taken help of Russia to formulate military strategies.

arrow.gif

How Russia prevented a joint US-UK attack on India in 1971

• The Russian manoeuvres clearly helped prevent a direct clash between India and the US-UK combine.

HA HA UR THE JOKER OF THE WEEK.

A REPORT PREPARED RUSSIA INDIA DESK WITH NO AUTHORS NAME?

ZAID HAMID WOULD HAVE DONE BETTER.

KISSINGER'S TALKS WERE TRUE AND FIRST PUBLISHED BY THE US THEM SELVES NEVER BY THE RUSSIANS

THE COMPLETE VOLUME OF TALKS ARE AVAILABLE THERE IS NO MENTION OF UK

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom