What's new

How Poorer Bangladesh Outpaces India on Human-Development Indicators India vs Bangladesh

You didn't had schools or health care in east Pakistan ?

The main reason for separation was that Pakistan was taking a disproportionate share of resources
to spend on itself. BD was in effect subsiding Pakistan.

BD HDI will improve once the 2011-2012 GDP base year comes into effect.

Like I say Kerala will improve only very slowly in HDI while BD will rapidly increase.

Last edited:
BD HDI will improve once the 2011-2012 GDP base year comes into effect.

Like I say Kerala will improve only very slowly in HDI while BD will rapidly increase.

you can keep on hoping..HDI of kerala is around 0.85-0.94 (various agencies).Now what's your 'HDI growth rate' ? :P

you can keep on hoping..HDI of kerala is around 0.85-0.94 (various agencies).Now what's your 'HDI growth rate' ? :P

It may take till 2030-2035 but HDI of Kerala and BD will converge at some point within a generation.

All those models have some winning features, the one in Bangladesh having womens' development being a priority.

Kerala model excels in social development and healthcare.

Kerala as a state has highest female literacy, female life expectancy. Lowest infant mortality and maternal mortality rate. Heck, its the only state with a female positive gender ratio. So how is Bangladesh better than Kerala in women's development. I am not saying Bangladesh hasn't done anything, just saying Indian states can learn from Kerala better.

Remember Kerala started it's development in 1947, whereas BD had to wait till 1971.

Kerala didn't have any early head start from 1947 or earlier. It was in the same boat as all of India, Pak and BD. It is densely populated region just like Bengal and Bihar. Its the 3rd densest state in India! But now has the lowest population growth rate.

Now look our food. Fish which is similar to Bengali Hindus, Beef curry and Kabab which is Arab, Burger which is European

View attachment 227969

i don't eat fish curry but i would like to eat the other bangladeshi foods.

Now Bengali woman. Saree which is the main dress, similar to Bengali Hindus. But Hijab is also common. And European influenced formal dresses can be seen also. Remember that is a fusion Hijab (Arab)+Saree(Indian)+Under garments(European influenced)

View attachment 227970

the uno peace-keeper on the left is pretty.

i would say the headscarf would be a recent phenomenon, just like how in india burqa has become common in the last 20 years... those three ladies wearing headscarf seem to be from influence of malaysian/indonesian styling... and it is not good. :sad:

still, it is good that bangladesh muslims are not as reactionary as most modern indian muslims. :tup:

the uno peace-keeper on the left is pretty.

i would say the headscarf would be a recent phenomenon, just like how in india burqa has become common in the last 20 years... those three ladies wearing headscarf seem to be from influence of malaysian/indonesian styling... and it is not good. :sad:

still, it is good that bangladesh muslims are not as reactionary as most modern indian muslims. :tup:
this is true............

Oh right, no stats to show but I'll take a bngdsher's word on it. "Guys I swear bngldsh is the same level as development as Norway if you factor in 2011-2012 GDP base year".

Well India was at .586 and BD at .558 last year.

BUT BD is not using the 2011-2012 base year like India is doing and so it should be equal
when this is taken into account.

HDI of BD is growing faster than India.

When we talk about Arab culture. Its mostly what we got by their script in Islam. And Arab, Persian, Turkik trader and ruler. When we talk about European its mostly British. What we got from their Colonial Era and education. And some recently through globalization. And when we talk about Indian its mainly Eastern part of India where Bengal is. Every Human is similar but for some change in genetics sequence we all look different, isnt it. Some similarity you can clearly understand and some which blended so well that you will find these are indigenous. And religion is one of the important factor of people of this region. When we talk about BD its mainly about 90% Muslim.

Bhai shob-e bhalo dila kintu railway minister-er gaye holuder chhobita na diley bhalo hoito.:laugh:

Is BD poorer than IN? I remember their per capita data were about the same level, just marginal difference, only SL is hugely different in the region.

Anyway congrats BD people! Human capital is the key to prosperity!
Shey Shey! We are not poorer; this Indian reporter has poor judgement. Every year Indian farmers commit suicide due hunger. There are one million legal Indians working for us; another million illegal Indians are employed by us. India may be having some of the globally top billionaires but the nation is poverty stricken, sick, undernourished and uncared by their govt.

lol your HDI is in the same level as Somalia. bgldsh's motto "wealth of a beggar, fantasies of a billionaire"

I think your motto (handle) says it all.

We know all too well India is a Vedic superpower, only that Muslim nations like Bangladesh will always be bhookhey nangey which is fine by us.

Back
Top Bottom