What's new

How Pakistani-Americans are entering interfaith and interracial marriages — and making them work

Thats very sad @war&peace , I actually had a good experience with him in this defence forum , he's a friendly .

He should apologise to you for insulting your late mother and father , your family shouldn't be brought in to discussions especially by someone who preaches the gracious religion of Islam .
A good muslim knows that he shouldn't insult anyone's mother , that is against islam but if he did mistake then he should apologise.
Who insulted my family?

That War and Peace used some very disgusting language for my late Mother who was a three-time Hajji. He also used similarly nasty terms for my father who is a very religious man. He should tell all you good people what he said. He was very proud of insulting a righteous woman yesterday and today he is bringing out his Quran? LOL!

This is typical of Potis, report to mods.

Im by no means a expert, but If both leave their selfishness behind, and work as a team, it can work, why not.

Being of the same faith makes it easier. Because we're Christians, half of my cousins are married, or getting married outside the race. I doubt this would be the case if we're Muslim or Hindu.

The thing is, our standards about things are stronger than peoples here. That may sound wrong, but if you're from a traditional family, you will find this to be true.

Who insulted my family?
Naked lunch said that you insulted his late mother and father .. that's very sad , you should apologise to him .

I am a muslim and I am willing to forgive him if he offers me a sincere and public apology. If he doesnt, well he should read the Quran more closely. I have had disagreements with many many Hindus on this forum and not a single one has insulted my mother or father. I expected better of him. Anyway, enough said. Its up to him. Peace.

@war&peace ..

Naked lunch said that you insulted his late mother and father .. that's very sad , you should apologise to him .

@war&peace ..

Get the moderator who deleted War ad Peace's post to publicly show who insulted who. If it transpires that I insulted this liars family, I iwll leave this forum and never ever post here gain. I swear this on the Quran. I will leave if what he says is true.

@waz

Bro can you please clear this up. If I am at fault please delete my account.

Last edited:

@war&peace ..
Oh he is troll and making false accusations of which he has no evidence. All I said to him was to substantiate his claim but instead he got abusive and offensive. I have reported his posts and added him to my ignores list since he is not worth my attention. Such attention seekers are plenty on PDF :( and his baseless accusations will be taken care of by relevant authorities.

It does encourage. Desire for reenactment and appetite for multiple partners increases.
Quick recap: He was making an argument about how who view p*rnography are equal to people going out, forming intimate relationships and having s*x ... His reasoning was purely from the stand point of supply/ demand/ profit seeking etc. to which I presented the quoted argument.

As far as your statement about 'desire' goes, we know for a fact that straight people already have said desires. However I can still agree to that statement. The usual relationship goes like this ...

(Any visual Stimuli/ Independent variable) ---> (Cultural moderation) ---> (Resulting acts of an individual/ dependent variable)

No matter how much desires you form (as a result of a visual stimuli like p*rn), if the cultural moderation is strong enough you will have severe cultural repercussions coming your way which will deter the overwhelming majority of people. The only way a relationship like this exist is that if the cultural moderation is weakened to a point where it has little to no effect.

To erode said cultural moderation, what you have to do is find ways to glorify said act and make it culturally acceptable. The starting for this particular act comes from glorifying the concept of "free love" which we see in our dramas and commercials. The problem is then compounded by the fact that Nikah is not made easy and many types of hurdles are placed if two people want to get married. As of now however, the cultural moderation is still such, where it deters most people from having pre-marital relationships irrespective of their appetite for p*rn.

Quick recap: He was making an argument about how who view p*rnography are equal to people going out, forming intimate relationships and having s*x ... His reasoning was purely from the stand point of supply/ demand/ profit seeking etc. to which I presented the quoted argument.

As far as your statement about 'desire' goes, we know for a fact that straight people already have said desires. However I can still agree to that statement. The usual relationship goes like this ...

(Any visual Stimuli/ Independent variable) ---> (Cultural moderation) ---> (Resulting acts of an individual/ dependent variable)

No matter how much desires you form (as a result of a visual stimuli like p*rn), if the cultural moderation is strong enough you will have severe cultural repercussions coming your way which will deter the overwhelming majority of people. The only way a relationship like this exist is that if the cultural moderation is weakened to a point where it has little to no effect.

To erode said cultural moderation, what you have to do is find ways to glorify said act and make it culturally acceptable. The starting for this particular act comes from glorifying the concept of "free love" which we see in our dramas and commercials. The problem is then compounded by the fact that Nikah is not made easy and many types of hurdles are placed if two people want to get married. As of now however, the cultural moderation is still such, where it deters most people from having pre-marital relationships irrespective of their appetite for p*rn.

Fully agree.

It is not equal.

Cultural acceptance (re Pakistan) is what many are striving for - such acts are on the rise however. How it's increasing will turn the discussion to something else with the arrival of the Know-It-All-Knights so won't get to it.

Oh he is troll and making false accusations of which he has no evidence. All I said to him was to substantiate his claim but instead he got abusive and offensive. I have reported his posts and added him to my ignores list since he is not worth my attention. Such attention seekers are plenty on PDF :( and his baseless accusations will be taken care of by relevant authorities.

Whatever were the debates and arguments, if he's a troll or what .. I think you shouldn't have insulted his late mother , I can feel the hurt of brother for his late mother .
He has a proof of that all . You know one of my cousin father died and one day someone insulted her late father , I can witness the sour and hurt in her .

Let the ego down , please apologise to the brother for insulting his late mother. Don't ignore him Button.

Apologise won't make you small , please . Thank you especially when someone's requesting .

Whatever were the debates and arguments, if he's a troll or what .. I think you shouldn't have insulted his late mother , I can feel the hurt of brother for his late mother .
He has a proof of that all . You know one of my cousin father died and one day someone insulted her late father , I can witness the sour and hurt in her .

Let the ego down , please apologise to the brother for insulting his late mother. Don't ignore him Button.

Apologise won't make you small , please . Thank you especially when someone's requesting .
Where is the proof? and if he has the proof why does he not show the admins so they can take an action on that? because according to him he reported my post and I have reported his posts.He is just lying...

Get the moderator who deleted War ad Peace's post to publicly show who insulted who. If it transpires that I insulted this liars family, I iwll leave this forum and never ever post here gain. I swear this on the Quran. I will leave if what he says is true.

@waz

Bro can you please clear this up. If I am at fault please delete my account.

Don't worry . He's good from heart , I've a good experiencewith him on this forum .
He'll apologise for insulting your late mother I hope .
Please don't let some bad thoughts about him in your thoughts .

Don't worry . He's good from heart , I've a good experiencewith him on this forum .

I also want an apology for the false allegation he is levelling against me. I do no not insult peoples' family members. Not only has he got a sick foul mouth, he is also a liar. From one side of his mouth he quotes the Quran and from the other side he lies and insults departed mothers. Like I said, if I m at fault and what he says is true I will leave this forum. It is now in the hands of the moderators. They have a record of reported posts. Let them deal with it. Thank you for your support.

I won't since I didn't do anything wrong rather he should apologies to me for making the false accusations against me..

You guys do realise that this is an open forum.

Sort your differences out privately and like adults.

@mods please clean this up.

Back
Top Bottom