What's new

How PAF Should Counter the SU-30 MKI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying an enemy combatant can't catch a train or drive to the base with a hidden MANPAD? He or she will look like an Indian, talk like an Indian and probably carry fake Indian ID. Is this far fetched?

Yes. Unlike pakistani airbases, our airbases have security.

Keep believing it, and show it to some seniors members as well. I want everyone to know what an idiot you are. Any senior member reading your post will laugh as hard as I am laughing right now.

Btw, even if we believe your scenario, it will mean that many JF17 will go down for nothing. AWACS once retreated can come back to haunt PAF once more in a few hours.

Also please tell me where exactly this scenario has been tried in mock combat.

buddy ,No need to insult her, she is one of the knowledgeable members here.just make your counter arguments.

Keep believing it, and show it to some seniors members as well. I want everyone to know what an idiot you are. Any senior member reading your post will laugh as hard as I am laughing right now.

Glad I could brighten your day and bring cheer to a few Indians.

Also please tell me where exactly this scenario has been tried in mock combat.

I'm tempted to but I could get into a lot of trouble for answering your question. For now you can carry on believing that your Phalcon is invulnerable.

Glad I could brighten your day and bring cheer to a few Indians.

I'm tempted to but I could get into a lot of trouble for answering your question. For now you can carry on believing that your Phalcon is invulnerable.

Phalcon is not invulnerable. But it definitely won't fall prey to the scenario suggested by you.

The thread is about MKI anyways. Why did you need to bring AWACS in this is beyond comprehension.

Yes. Unlike pakistani airbases, our airbases have security.

I have actually visited an Indian base, the tactics used by the Taliban against US, British and Pakistani bases will just as easily succeed against Indian bases. And you don't have to be in the base to launch a manpad at an AWACS depending on approach altitude 5 to 10 kms from the runway is close enough.

I have actually visited an Indian base, the tactics used by the Taliban against US, British and Pakistani bases will just as easily succeed against Indian bases. And you don't have to be in the base to launch a manpad at an AWACS depending on approach altitude 5 to 10 kms from the runway is close enough.

Then we spent billion of dollars on nothing. Thanks for pointing out our mistakes, we will ship back these AWACS as soon as we can since they are useless can be taken by any gun for hire with a MANPAD.

Phalcon is not invulnerable. But it definitely won't fall prey to the scenario suggested by you.

The thread is about MKI anyways. Why did you need to bring AWACS in this is beyond comprehension.

If there can be an attack on Parliament there then there sure can be attack on an IAF base... but as to what magnitude and how successful keeping in mind the extra security after the Mumbai attacks is another question.

vayushakti-+2010+indian-air-force-+pokhran-chandan-jaisalmer-+il-76+dispensing+flares+2.jpg

Which base were you at ?

Unlike what US/British/Pakistani Airbases face in shadow of insurgent groups/Taliban/Terrorist etc while in Afghanistan/Iraq/Pakistan... most Indian bases are in isolated areas without any threat of insurgent groups/Taliban/Terrorists... I won't say its on par with the security levels with the bases inside US/UK but IAF has been doing every thing to make it as safe.

Are you saying an enemy combatant can't catch a train or drive to the base with a hidden MANPAD? He or she will look like an Indian, talk like an Indian and probably carry fake Indian ID. Is this far fetched?

Are you talking about attacks on PAF airbases which destroyed 2 Erieye's? Sending MANPAD's in train to Indian airbases? What to say? :undecided:

Yes the AWACS has 2 to 7 minutes reaction time depending on how fast the threat is approaching.

I was trying to show you the distance it had to travel near the ground barely 10-30m above with its AB on the fuel guzzling RD-93.

Too add on that you completely downplay the effect Ground based SAM cover can have on such engagements.

Then we spent billion of dollars on nothing. Thanks for pointing out our mistakes, we will ship back these AWACS as soon as we can since they are useless can be taken by any gun for hire with a MANPAD.

Are you saying in a crowded country like India a man standing on the roof top of a building near an Indian base will attract a lot of attention? Are you suggesting that a missile like Stinger or equivalent has no chance against a huge target like the Phalcon? Are you suggesting that Pakistan will not resort to such tactic against a superior adversary?

I was trying to show you the distance it had to travel near the ground barely 10-30m above with its AB on the fuel guzzling RD-93.

Too add on that you completely downplay the effect Ground based SAM cover can have on such engagements.

Good point, don't know if the JF-17 has terrain avoidance capability or enough fuel to sustain full AB for 5 minutes. But SAM's are for area defense typically found in or near sensitive installations for protection. Long range SAMS on the other hand is not as effective against low flying aircraft.

Are you saying in a crowded country like India a man standing on the roof top of a building near an Indian base will attract a lot of attention? Are you suggesting that a missile like Stinger or equivalent has no chance against a huge target like the Phalcon? Are you suggesting that Pakistan will not resort to such tactic against a superior adversary?

I would have replied to this post in detail if this wasn't a pakistani forum, and the person who thanked your post hadn't handed me an infraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom