What's new

How PAF pilots got the edge in the 1967 Arab-Israeli war

In 1967 war, the surprise was also achieved by selecting a new time of attack.....usually attack is carried out at 4:00-5:00 AM but Israeli AF chose 8:00 AM because it was the time of shift change.........morning shifts were coming and night shifts were going out.........;
In 1973 Yom Kippur war, these were Egyptians that achieved surprise and settled the score by shooting down dozens and dozens of Israeli AF aircrafts by SAMs near Suez canal area.

Israel did not achieve surprise during raid on Iraqi nuclear reactor at Osiraq in 1981 but due to schism in muslims, they succeeded. When Israeli AF fighters were crossing over Aqaba Gulf bordering Jordan, King Hussain was there on his private boat and he saw those fighters going towards Iraq. It seems that he did not inform Iraqis or could not succeed in doing so.

Israel again achieved surprise in Bekaa Valley conflict of 1982 by attacking Syrain SAM sites and syrians were fooled by slow propeller-driven drones and they thought them as fighters attacking, keeping in view that speed of any aircraft is clearly visible on radar screen.

Damn the Israelis are smarttt, if only our Arab friends were a bit more intelligent i am sure the situation would have been different :D

When we shot the 2 F-4 Phantom from Libya 2 F-4 vs 2 Mig21 they were American pilots.

Sorry I don't mean to derail this thread , but I did not understand the above sentence. Who is we? And what were American pilots doing in Libya. Were the two dead pilots American?

Isn't LSD a hallucinogen is it economical to spray large areas with this drug?

^^^
we means, as pakistan and at time of arab war, sir Muradk was a piolet for PAF, and PAF sent pilots to help fight against Israel.

Americans were helping the Israelis, fight against the arabs.

Last edited:
^^^
we means, as pakistan and at time of arab war, sir Muradk was a piolet for PAF, and PAF sent pilots to help fight against Israel.

They were helping the Israelis, fight against the arabs.

Looks like the thread has been changed, what our Israeli friend doesn't have an answer to a simple question.

ALI: PAF pilots were selected for all 3 countries , Egypt, Syria, Libya.
We were on the Arabs side fighting against the Israeli's.
I fail to understand why have they change the story.
IAF attacked at the time when the pilots were having there breakfast, The breakfast used to come from the king every morning and man that was some breakfast. When the IAF attacked Egypt the pilots were busy eating and stuffing there stomachs,( change of **** or no **** ADA is alert 24/7 ) so the change of shift is a totally a false story. The only pilots who took off were Pakistani's we means the PAF took off and did what ever we could but coordinating with each other was difficult if we had more pilots and good coordination between the other Arabs countries we would have shot most of them, After taking off we found out that IAF took most of the planes which were parked the ones which took off were shot down ( bad pilot/skills) on there part ) , We got in and when the fuel got low we decided to land in Syria. From there we regrouped and split our selves between Syria and Libya. We were experts in Mirages, Hunters, and Migs. I will not name the pilots but they took off from Libya and got into a dog fight with mirages and the mirages bugged out with in 15 sec of fight to our pilots surprise they saw 2 F-4 , Getting an F-4 with a Mig21 was a piece of cake they had only missiles which were not to advanced could easily dodge but Mig21 guns were BadAss.
Most of the Arab war was a silent war no RT communications at all, Break Radio silence in emergency. The GCI told us who were Pakistani that the F-4s are Americans because they spoke American English. For the same reasons we were caught speaking PUNJABI and PUSHTO:lol:.

And for the members who want the names of the pilots that is impossible.

Looks like the thread has been changed, what our Israeli friend doesn't have an answer to a simple question.

ALI: PAF pilots were selected for all 3 countries , Egypt, Syria, Libya.
We were on the Arabs side fighting against the Israeli's.
I fail to understand why have they change the story.
IAF attacked at the time when the pilots were having there breakfast, The breakfast used to come from the king every morning and man that was some breakfast. When the IAF attacked Egypt the pilots were busy eating and stuffing there stomachs,( change of **** or no **** ADA is alert 24/7 ) so the change of shift is a totally a false story. The only pilots who took off were Pakistani's we means the PAF took off and did what ever we could but coordinating with each other was difficult if we had more pilots and good coordination between the other Arabs countries we would have shot most of them, After taking off we found out that IAF took most of the planes which were parked the ones which took off were shot down ( bad pilot/skills) on there part ) , We got in and when the fuel got low we decided to land in Syria. From there we regrouped and split our selves between Syria and Libya. We were experts in Mirages, Hunters, and Migs. I will not name the pilots but they took off from Libya and got into a dog fight with mirages and the mirages bugged out with in 15 sec of fight to our pilots surprise they saw 2 F-4 , Getting an F-4 with a Mig21 was a piece of cake they had only missiles which were not to advanced could easily dodge but Mig21 guns were BadAss.
Most of the Arab war was a silent war no RT communications at all, Break Radio silence in emergency. The GCI told us who were Pakistani that the F-4s are Americans because they spoke American English. For the same reasons we were caught speaking PUNJABI and PUSHTO:lol:.

And for the members who want the names of the pilots that is impossible.

lol the second line my reply was the answer to, "were the americans involved?"

According to them they were not in the war by a 1000 mile, but then were most of us were trained by the RPAF so we automatically knew when we got into a god fight. It was very easy to intercept there transmission. And our Air defense guys were good they told us that they were Americans. Most people give credit to the pilot but if 50 % job is done by the GCI and if he is good you can take your enemy down without any problems.

Last edited:
I will not name the pilots but they took off from Libya and got into a dog fight with mirages and the mirages bugged out with in 15 sec of fight to our pilots surprise they saw 2 F-4 , Getting an F-4 with a Mig21 was a piece of cake they had only missiles which were not to advanced could easily dodge but Mig21 guns were BadAss.

Bravo to PAF for having F-4s in its kill tally. Now as far as I know Israel operated the F-4E version of Phantom (in 1973 Yom Kippur war) which did carry a 20mm cannon. Just think what kind of surprise would have you got had you thought that there is no gun on them!!!

By 1973, USAF was also using F-4E Phantom with M61 20mm cannon.

Bravo to PAF for having F-4s in its kill tally. Now as far as I know Israel operated the F-4E version of Phantom (in 1973 Yom Kippur war) which did carry a 20mm cannon. Just think what kind of surprise would have you got had you thought that there is no gun on them!!!

By 1973, USAF was also using F-4E Phantom with M61 20mm cannon.

When the pilots saw the F-4s first thing which came to there mind was AIM-7 Sparrow and vietnam , The cannon was so heavy they had to balance the plane with an extra fuel tank under the fuselage underneath the tail and they had no fuel tanks
PAF has never claimed any F-4 kills because we were not there a simple fact , That is why I didn't want to start the topic. There are so many things that our own coursemates didn't know.
I just hope Asim our Mod had a chance to see A Retd Birg in Lahore who has a book on all the missions and all the dirt we and other cooked up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom