What's new

How many push ups can the PDF member perform?

Dont forget the protein and enough water.

oh, yes... meat and eggs at least thrice a week.

but most of my water comes from tea whose big mug i drink thrice a day... :lol: but yes, i should drink plain water more.

I dunno how many of the pdf members wear push-up bras. They never tell.o_O

i dare you to make a thread asking that question... you are bound to get at least seven virtual slaps... :D

what... i only expanded what you started... :D
I didn't start nothing. I misread the title of the thread as being about the push-up bras. What you said is a big:astagh:. You're soon gonna see for yourself how big a boob you just made.:butcher:

I didn't start nothing. I misread the title of the thread as being about the push-up bras. What you said is a big:astagh:.

"let the one who has not sinned cast the first stone"... :D

You're soon gonna see for yourself how big a boob you just made.:butcher:

those words are now permanently preserved... to be used at the right moment... :sniper:

Last edited:
If anyone of you are blazing out your max no. of push ups in one go and then quitting, you're doing it wrong. Talk about sets.

How many good push ups(GOOD PUSH UP= appr. fist size distance between your chest and the ground!) can you perform?

My max. no.: 40

60 non quality ones.

PS: If you dont know your number, get on the ground and do as much as possible!

doing 50 or even 100 pushups doesnt prove anything, it all depends on how regularly you do it. If you have never done bench press it would be hard for you to lift even 40 pounds no matter how strong you are because difficult part is balancing the weight.

doing 50 or even 100 pushups doesnt prove anything, it all depends on how regularly you do it. If you have never done bench press it would be hard for you to lift even 40 pounds no matter how strong you are because difficult part is balancing the weight.

1.) You need to physically active to get to that number.

2.) Push ups are a great way to work several muscles in your body.... triceps, chest muscles, abs.. etc. And thus, they are a great way to measure a persons upper body strength! Why on Earth do you think is almost every military/police force/sports academy or whatever using push ups or modifications of them to test applicants?

3.) I ve never done bench presses, and yet I have no problem in balancing +20 kgs of weight.

1.) You need to physically active to get to that number.

2.) Push ups are a great way to work several muscles in your body.... triceps, chest muscles, abs.. etc. And thus, they are a great way to measure a persons upper body strength! Why on Earth do you think is almost every military/police force/sports academy or whatever using push ups or modifications of them to test applicants?

3.) I ve never done bench presses, and yet I have no problem in balancing +20 kgs of weight.

1. find the strongest man who has never done push ups before and ask him to do 20, if he can i will give you $20
2. pushup does same things as bench press
3. how do you know you have no problem (I said 40 pounds) balancing weight if you have never done it.

4. I started working out in the gym since 10 grade and still havent stopped at age 50, dont do push ups normally but when i do I can easily do 50 without breaking a sweat...all because i do bench press regularly with 200 pounds. I weigh 180 pounds so with pushup i am only pushing 120 pounds the most. The person who can do 50 pushups wont lift 200 pounds in bench press even once and even if he could lift it he will probably drop it because he wont be able to balance it. Like I said its practice

1. find the strongest man who has never done push ups before and ask him to do 20, if he can i will give you $20
2. pushup does same things as bench press
3. how do you know you have no problem (I said 40 pounds) balancing weight if you have never done it.

4. I started working out in the gym since 10 grade and still havent stopped at age 50, dont do push ups normally but when i do I can easily do 50 without breaking a sweat...all because i do bench press regularly with 200 pounds. I weigh 180 pounds so with pushup i am only pushing 120 pounds the most. The person who can do 50 pushups wont lift 200 pounds in bench press even once and even if he could lift it he will probably drop it because he wont be able to balance it. Like I said its practice

1.) Sorry if I made myself not clear... but I was talking about people who are considered fit... not a bunch of gym freaks bulking blindly for mass and who got terrible muscular endurance
2.) Push ups involve more muscle groups than bench presses.
bench1big.jpg

what-muscles-do-push-ups-work.jpg

Apart from that, if they were the same, why would anyone do bench presses? o_O Push ups are basically for free and can be done literally anywhere.

3.) If you meant whether I can safely lift 20 kg (around 40 lbs?) over my head ... yes I can. As long as it is not terribly unbalanced and I got a good grip on it. And I havent done bench presses.

4.) Fair enough and my deepest respect for your capabilities considering your age :tup:

Yes, bench presses do have their advantages too, but push ups are still the very basic exercise to build up and measure upper body strength. They are very simple, effective and can be done anywhere.

But I might also be a little bit biased because of my martial arts backround, where muscular endurance is more important than sheer muscular strength.

Back
Top Bottom