What's new

How many Hindu Gods?- Dr. Naik

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can share 'opinion' then i ll be banned for sharing my opinion:angry:
No one will ban you for sharing an opinion on topic, without commenting upon any member on this forum, and just the topic nothing but the topic.

If you disagree with my assertion, than combat it in a debate of intellectual and rational discourse.

Instead of taking the cowardly way out, by reporting a logical post.

I guess your option is, "I will just report what he said because it hurts my feelings and because I can't even defend my own religion..."

Suit yourself. Report it.

My post was within the guidelines of the forum rules, in my sincere opinion.

I have no problem for an exhaustive debate on Gods and religion. I am a hindu but my views may not pertain to the whole of them. And I am not sensitive if you point any fault with the religion, I have seen some myself.

But since this topic is comparison, I am afraid a bunch of guys will drop in crying we offended their religious sentiments. I had enough experience on this forum, when I used abstract terms like any religion with 'so and so' characteristics to avoid any offence... For the time being I will continue same way. Only you should not get offended.:tongue:

Firstly you do not even understand the concept of Hindu worship. I did not watch the guys video. Whatever he "exposed"??!!

The concept of Creator and God are detached in Hinduism.And all hindus know this. You overlook this and jump about crying foul doing the next worst thing than insult. Atleast you think that it is an insult.

So... The concept of Creator and God are detached in Hinduism. All mono theist religions worship one God -- the creator or some image of creator. In hinduism Brahma is the creator.

Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva belong to whole different class of Gods. I think all hindus understand this.
But people also worship virtue and the virtuous. So they worship the wives of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva ascribing thins to them.
All the others are either incarnations or belong to the race of 'Devatas' which we can only guess to be the early generations of Aryans(not Brahmans the Aryans) or very virtuous people later.

How the incarnations of Gods came about into texts is debated. In that, some people argue it came about due to confusion between names which have same meaning. Like Rama == Vishnu. So some crank found 10 gr8 people with names meaning Vishnu and declared they are 10 avatars of Vishnu according to this theory.
http://www.gita-society.com/bhagavad-gita-section3/ramayana.pdf

Yes the likes of Hanuman are worshiped for their 'special relationship' with God.Its like worshiping and remembering heroes. If you dont like this system, then so be it. Why do you say it is inferior?
You are stuck in your bottle and making fun of others?

I don't care what is true. Do we know for sure that there is only one 'God'(real)? THen why do you jump about saying this religion superior or that. And worse you feel for yourself that you are mature.
Hinduism has extensive literature and has been so old that a lot of changes came about. The present religion does not insist on any of the old practices except some rituals which I appreciate because we should not forget what we are and they are essential part of any religion.

For me all that matters about Hinduism is that it did not succumb to any engineering by the expansionist war mongers like crusaders and jihadists. And there are no people like mullahs who demand that some book have to be followed to the word and give their own interpretations to it.

Yes ridiculous. Allow me to provide some images.

By the way this looks a rare genetic mutation that caused the formation of 4 arms, there's Scientist that study this kind of mutations...

LOL he should join "Blue Man Group"

LOL Need a Hand?

Wow there's no need to attack or criticize Hindu Gods, there fighting between themselves.

With my respect to Hindu members, I urge to rethink your religion, what sense is there in it? Look at these Gods, they do not exist, only in your imagination, you must understand that even all three monotheistic religions Judaism, Christianity, and Islam have consider much of the Hindu doctrine to be foolish and not pragmatic or true.

By the way I am just showing you pictures of your own Gods, they way YOU PORTRAY THEM, if thats too much for you, then why even bother...
I would urge you to stick your own topic. It was very decent and well put by Dr. Naik. But while these discussions are okay from a theological point of view, Defence.pk does not support any sort of proselytizing around here. We're a secular forum and the goal should not be to convert Hindus. So keep it theological and don't put up funny caption onto their revered depictions of Gods. It's common sense, what is debate and what is just poking fun. Please use good judgment.

Ok it seems we do have a green light here.

So let me propose some questions...

First, Rubyjackass how many Gods do you worship and believe in?

Second, Rajkumar how many Gods do you worship and believe in?

Third, Fateh71 and Bhushan how many Gods do you worship and believe in?

Please post the numbers now.

I have no problem for an exhaustive debate on Gods and religion. I am a hindu but my views may not pertain to the whole of them. And I am not sensitive if you point any fault with the religion, I have seen some myself.

But since this topic is comparison, I am afraid a bunch of guys will drop in crying we offended their religious sentiments. I had enough experience on this forum, when I used abstract terms like any religion with 'so and so' characteristics to avoid any offence... For the time being I will continue same way. Only you should not get offended.:tongue:

Firstly you do not even understand the concept of Hindu worship. I did not watch the guys video. Whatever he "exposed"??!!

The concept of Creator and God are detached in Hinduism.And all hindus know this. You overlook this and jump about crying foul doing the next worst thing than insult. Atleast you think that it is an insult.

So... The concept of Creator and God are detached in Hinduism. All mono theist religions worship one God -- the creator or some image of creator. In hinduism Brahma is the creator.

Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva belong to whole different class of Gods. I think all hindus understand this.
But people also worship virtue and the virtuous. So they worship the wives of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva ascribing thins to them.
All the others are either incarnations or belong to the race of 'Devatas' which we can only guess to be the early generations of Aryans(not Brahmans the Aryans) or very virtuous people later.

How the incarnations of Gods came about into texts is debated. In that, some people argue it came about due to confusion between names which have same meaning. Like Rama == Vishnu. So some crank found 10 gr8 people with names meaning Vishnu and declared they are 10 avatars of Vishnu according to this theory.
http://www.gita-society.com/bhagavad-gita-section3/ramayana.pdf

Yes the likes of Hanuman are worshiped for their 'special relationship' with God.Its like worshiping and remembering heroes. If you dont like this system, then so be it. Why do you say it is inferior?
You are stuck in your bottle and making fun of others?

I don't care what is true. Do we know for sure that there is only one 'God'(real)? THen why do you jump about saying this religion superior or that. And worse you feel for yourself that you are mature.
Hinduism has extensive literature and has been so old that a lot of changes came about. The present religion does not insist on any of the old practices except some rituals which I appreciate because we should not forget what we are and they are essential part of any religion.

For me all that matters about Hinduism is that it did not succumb to any engineering by the expansionist war mongers like crusaders and jihadists. And there are no people like mullahs who demand that some book have to be followed to the word and give their own interpretations to it.
Why is the creator, the sustainer, the destroyer (incidentally similar synonyms are used in the 99 names of Allah, btw) not in the forefront of worship. I think mainstream media has only shown Shiva as much, Brahma you never really see, Vishnu a bit.

But its mostly Raam, Ganesh, Hanuman, Kaali ma... you know the "reincarnations". The Hindu type Gods not the literal definition type Gods, which are more of a combination of the original three names.

My personal take is that these were just prophets who later in time become deities. Heck when Moses went on the Mount for 40 days he returned to find his people worshiping a Golden calf idol.

Jesus Christ as we know today is a mixture of Greek and Roman gods and not the Prophet Isa as described in Islamic books. And writers like Dan Brown have well exposed that when and where and for what reasons, Prophet Isa became Jesus Christ for Emperor Constantine's political play for power.

And this is what 3000 and 2000 years old incidents respectively... Hinduism is much older. It makes sense to assume Hindus were no different.

In fact one of the corner stones of Islam is to not to mock other religions because at some point they all might have been very Islamic in nature till they got corrupted over time.

Please post the numbers now.

And this is supposed to be good old civlised theological debate? i don't know whats allowed here and not, and i have my doubts.

But u r just trying to have fun at the expense of our beliefs, plain and simple. you posted our god's pictures with insulting captions, calling shiva a genetic mutation, classic. and this is civilised debate... i'm shocked that this is allowed.

I donno the number, I don't care to count for you and I am not the least bit ashamed of it.

First read my entire post.
Stop trying to reform hindus. Ok you can try.
But I am sure none is going to convert:cheesy: not in India, unless may be he wants to marry two women legally. (For mods this is no flaming, a fact.)

But its mostly Raam, Ganesh, Hanuman, Kaali ma... you know the "reincarnations". The Hindu type Gods not the literal definition type Gods, which are more of a combination of the original three names.

My personal take is that these were just prophets who later in time become deities. Heck when Moses went on the Mount for 40 days he returned to find his people worshiping a Golden calf idol.

Jesus Christ as we know today is a mixture of Greek and Roman gods and not the Prophet Isa as described in Islamic books. And writers like Dan Brown have well exposed that when and where and for what reasons, Prophet Isa became Jesus Christ for Emperor Constantine's political play for power.

And this is what 3000 and 2000 years old incidents respectively... Hinduism is much older. It makes sense to assume Hindus were no different.

In fact one of the corner stones of Islam is to not to mock other religions because at some point they all might have been very Islamic in nature till they got corrupted over time.

If God meant 'creator' literally, mono-theism would have been logical. So methinks Hindu Gods are Gods in literal sense. Only your definition of God is misled. Don't you agree?

Hinduism is an ancient pagan religion, with man-made Gods.

This religion is a religion that consist of no law rulings on sins, in fact technically there are no sins in mainstream Hinduism.

You have to remember this religion is pagan, with false gods, ridiculous Gods, so many Gods, that I am surprised these Hindus don't stop and think, HEY! Maybe this is wrong?

Also idol worshiping you must understand, is a false method of worshiping, it is materialistic and superficial by its very nature, even if it gives you some sort of self-gratification inside.

Understand, the Hindu scriptures were written by no divine influence, these scriptures are more philosophical then anything. These scriptures provide no strong guidance in life, hence fails as a religion to guide one to the true path.

what a disgusting post!!!
i have read better posts from you A1KID...dont speak about something you have no idea about...if islam was so perfect...then we'd have muslims flourishing and living in peace all over...it's the other way sadly.

And this is supposed to be good old civlised theological debate? i don't know whats allowed here and not, and i have my doubts.

But u r just trying to have fun at the expense of our beliefs, plain and simple. you posted our god's pictures with insulting captions, calling shiva a genetic mutation, classic. and this is civilised debate... i'm shocked that this is allowed.
I already kicked off those captions. And in case you're wondering, freedom of speech is allowed in here, while talking on topic.

Al Haram Kaaba-Hindu Shiva Temple similarities must watch!
YOUTUBE /watch?v=qCH6kvCarsk

Kaaba-Hindu Shiva Temple Garbhagriha lots of similarities.
YOUTUBE /watch?v=yCvi0mpv-9s

786 what it is?
YOUTUBE /watch?v=SNraVirlP8U - 786 what it is?[

All Arabic copies of the Koran have the mysterious figure 786 imprinted on them. No Arabic scholar has been able to determine the choice of this particular number as divine. It is an established fact that Muhammad was illiterate therefore it is obvious that he would not be able to differentiate numbers from letters. This "magical" number is none other than the Vedic holy letter "OM" written in Sanskrit (Refer to figure 2). Anyone who knows Sanskrit can try reading the symbol for "OM" backwards in the Arabic way and magically the numbers 786 will appear! People in their ignorance simply do not realise that this special number is nothing more than the holiest of Vedic symbols misread.

It makes sense, because numerals originated in India. The Indian numeral system is commonly referred to in the West as the Hindu-Arabic numeral system, since it reached Europe through the Arabs. the Europeans called them Arabic numerals ironically, to this day the Arabs refer to their numerals as Indian numerals

The total value of the letters of "Bismillah al-Rahman al-Rahim" according to one Arabic system of numerology is 786. Taking into account the numeric values of all the letters of the Basmala, according to the Abjad order, the total is 786. In the Indian subcontinent the Abjad numerals have become quite popular. Some people, mostly in India and Pakistan, use 786 as a substitute for Bismillah ("In the name of Allah" or "In the name of God"). They write this number to avoid writing the name of God, or Qur'anic verses on ordinary papers.

More astonishing is the fact that '786' is an aggregation of the numbers of Hindu 'Lord Hari Krishna'. H(a)iri Kr(i)shna

h-5, r-200, r-10, k-20, r-200, sh-300, n-50, a-1 =Aggregate of 786

Thus, the aggregate number of these letters (Hari Krishna) equals 786. This is also the case of 'Bismillah Hirahmaan Niraaheem'. Number 786 is nothing more than the holiest of Vedic symbols misread.

Devanagari numeral || Western || Sanskrit word for the ordinal numeral (wordstem)
०...............................0............ .śūny a (शून्य)
१...............................1............ .eka (एक)
२...............................2............ .dvi (द्वि)
३...............................3............ .tri (त्रि)
४...............................4............ .catu r (चतुर्)
५...............................5............ .panc a (पञ्च)
६...............................6............ .ṣuṣ (षष्)
७...............................7............ .sapt a (सप्त)
८...............................8............ .aṣṭa (अष्ट)
९...............................9............ .nava (नव)

If God meant 'creator' literally, mono-theism would have been logical. So methinks Hindu Gods are Gods in literal sense. Only your definition of God is misled. Don't you agree?
god: Definition from Answers.com

God
A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.

The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being.

A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality.

An image of a supernatural being; an idol.

One that is worshiped, idealized, or followed: Money was their god.

A very handsome man.

A powerful ruler or despot.
The first main definition is what most of the world conforms to. The rest are not very Godly definitions. As I said, the rest could also describe "A cool dude in history".

All Arabic copies of the Koran have the mysterious figure 786 imprinted on them. No Arabic scholar has been able to determine the choice of this particular number as divine. It is an established fact that Muhammad was illiterate therefore it is obvious that he would not be able to differentiate numbers from letters.

Troll "Shravan", please read this.

The total value of the letters of "Bismillah al-Rahman al-Rahim" according to one Arabic system of numerology is 786. There are two methods of arranging the letters of the Arabic alphabet. One method is the most common alphabetical order (used for most ordinary purposes), beginning with the letters Alif ا, ba ب, ta ت, tha ث etc. The other method is known as the Abjad numerals' method or ordinal method. In this method the letters are arranged in the following order: Abjad, Hawwaz, Hutti, Kalaman, Sa'fas, Qarshat, Sakhaz, Zazagh; and each letter has an arithmetic value assigned to it from one to one thousand. (This arrangement was done, most probably in the 3rd century of Hijrah during the 'Abbasid period, following the practices of speakers of other Semitic languages such as Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Chaldean etc.)

Taking into account the numeric values of all the letters of the Basmala, according to the Abjad order, the total is 786. In the Indian subcontinent the Abjad numerals have become quite popular. Some people, mostly in India and Pakistan, use 786 as a substitute for Bismillah ("In the name of Allah" or "In the name of God"). They write this number to avoid writing the name of God, or Qur'anic verses on ordinary papers, which can be subject to dirt or come in contact with unclean materials. This practice does not date from the time of Muhammad and is not universally accepted by Muslims.

I already kicked off those captions. And in case you're wondering, freedom of speech is allowed in here, while talking on topic.

Hinduism is an ancient pagan religion, with man-made Gods.

This religion is a religion that consist of no law rulings on sins, in fact technically there are no sins in mainstream Hinduism.

You have to remember this religion is pagan, with false gods, ridiculous Gods, so many Gods, that I am surprised these Hindus don't stop and think, HEY! Maybe this is wrong?

Also idol worshiping you must understand, is a false method of worshiping, it is materialistic and superficial by its very nature, even if it gives you some sort of self-gratification inside.

Understand, the Hindu scriptures were written by no divine influence, these scriptures are more philosophical then anything. These scriptures provide no strong guidance in life, hence fails as a religion to guide one to the true path.

And the above post is on topic? ok. i don't wish to challenge a mod's decision, but maybe you can guide us on how to give an on topic reply to the above post. remember, the topic is how many hindu gods.

ok never mind, i'm outta here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom