What's new

How Indian Bengali's perceive Bangladesh and Bangladeshi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that why he was recently voted greatest thinker of the millenium on bbc in britain of all places[where communism was a hated word]?His govt ideas failed because of the selfishness of the executors.But everything he said about capitalism was right.About smaller corporations merging into bigger globalized corporations,about globalization etc.I am not a communist never have been,but can't deny that marx was the first great social thinker of modern times.This fact is recognized by many common folks,that his political system may have failed but his ideas about capital ,god society were very much relevant.Hence the shock verdict.

Communism prevents innovation, any welfare state does. It isn't states job to provide job to people but it's states job to maintain law and order and create and environment which is investment friendly and let entrepreneurs do their job.

Capitalism is time tested method while communism failed in most if not all occasions. Having said that, I do think there should be some kinda mechanism to prevent corporate monopoly and ensure workers right.

This moander and Loki both care about what Indians think about Bangladesh and that is why the first one opened this thread and the 2nd one do not close it.

I care about Bangali not Indian, and if i am not mistaken its not a crime. Bangali's in India are like lost lambs, we need to guide them back and in the process also get the land back ;).

I am not closing it on his request.

I wonder where @Moander went off to? Whimsical fellow isn't he?

If ye don't like it, don't comment. It's that simple ;)

What about AIDS?

Thanks again for not closing this thread. I am really busy at the moment, got some exam going on and will not be online much till 8th April. I know sometime this thread is going out of hand, but overall its entertaining. So, again please don't close it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Communism prevents innovation, any welfare state does. It isn't states job to provide job to people but it's states job to maintain law and order and create and environment which is investment friendly and let entrepreneurs do their job.

Capitalism is time tested method while communism failed in most if not all occasions. Having said that, I do think there should be some kinda mechanism to prevent corporate monopoly and ensure workers right.

Thats exactly what i said,that marx's political idea failed but not his economic theories about capitalism.Just see how the alliance between corporations and politicians is destroying the country,not just here ,everywhere.

Aka123- Sure, I can respond to all your queries directed towards me but don't wanna project to others as we Indian Bengalis are arguing among ourselves and insult each other. We are not like that. Understand.

Bangladesh- Don't you want the Unity in Diversity feeling, then you have to push for reunification with India.

Ok Push.... as u wish.... I have nothing to say.... do whatever u want..... am getting bored now....

Hey PlanetSoldier, you didn't repond ? Basically asked you because I was having a debate with a friend of mine on Bengali. He said it's called Ghor in Bangladesh, but I think it's called Basha.
Though I say it as Bari. :)

within my family, we use all three of them while we also use Bari to refer to our village. Pretty sure most people do the same thing.

Hey PlanetSoldier, you didn't repond ? Basically asked you because I was having a debate with a friend of mine on Bengali. He said it's called Ghor in Bangladesh, but I think it's called Basha.
Though I say it as Bari. :)

SOME BANGLADESHI BANGLA WORD:
GHOR=room.
BASHA=house/home.(individual house mostly)
BASHA-BARI=multiple flat building's.
BARI OR DESHER BARI=village home or origin.

We have a bigger plan buddy :D

undivided-united-india-pre-partition.gif

That is India of my dreams. Will remain forever.

In addition, west bengal is a failed state just like others. No rule of law, goons have the power. People like Mamatha are a curse to WB along with communists.

Recent local body elections BJP vote share has increased, this is very good news. I hope a true people leader arises and leads WB into prosperity.

Is that statistics above include business with Bangladesh through benapol?Or are you self sufficient enough to claim the same if we decide to close the boarder?(know the fact from someone who's business is in the boarder).
And what's wrong with these morons?(post #827 #828)

I don't know about, but don't think it will be a big number. All countries do business with neighbor countries , what's so special about it. If BD wasn't there we would've do trade with some other country or state. We are not land locked that we would need assistance from BD.

Who told you west bengal depends on central assistance? Infant kolkatas contribution to gdp is 3rd after Mumbai and ncr.

Didi running to Delhi every now and then,begging for economic aid to run the state......all major industries wiped out..... Wat do expct the money will come from????? From "smoking more ciggerates" ???? or "tourism industry" of Digha-Darjeeling-"Goa"-"Switzerland" bullcrap????? or Dev becoming swami vivekananda and censored "film industry"??????:omghaha::laughcry:

SOME BANGLADESHI BANGLA WORD:
GHOR=room.
BASHA=house/home.(individual house mostly)
BASHA-BARI=multiple flat building's.
BARI OR DESHER BARI=village home or origin.

within my family, we use all three of them while we also use Bari to refer to our village. Pretty sure most people do the same thing.

Thanks for the response guys!!

Didi running to Delhi every now and then,begging for economic aid to run the state......all major industries wiped out..... Wat do expct the money will come from????? From "smoking more ciggerates" ???? or "tourism industry" of Digha-Darjeeling-"Goa"-"Switzerland" bullcrap????? or Dev becoming swami vivekananda and censored "film industry"??????:omghaha::laughcry:

Every other chief minister tries to arm twist the center to give them more money. What's new in it. What has Didis tomfoolery got to do with the fact that calcutta gdp is third after Mumbai and ncr? I know it could have been much more but it's not that we couldn't sustain without central economic help.

Ok... thats great!! bdw I have a silly question but wanted to know.... what do you guys call 'home' in Bengali..... Ghor, Bari or Basha?
:)

In Bangla Ghor means room. Ghoti people use Ghor as Bari or Basha too. For example, we say "Basahi jachsi", I've seen Ghoti people saying it as "Ghor e jachsi".

Bari and Basha have a bit difference not so big. Bari in most cases means permanent house whereas Basha could be both permanent or rented house. I tried to depict use of these words not any bookish knowledge.

My root is that of East Bengal which is a different entity than Bangladesh. My parents were born in undivided India and they choose not live in Pakistan, which makes them migrant but not illegal. Even our prime minister was born in what now is Pakistan.

I don't think any Indian has any issue with Bangladeshis who come here in legal means, in fact they were rather cordially treated, ask @Loki his father was in calcutta few months ago and was in high praise for the city and err civilization! Even you yourself experienced it, did you not?

But off course as someone has said, freeloaders would not be entertained.

And also we will off course provide shelter to anyone who's fleeing religious persecution, Hindu or Muslim . After all no sane person would like to live with jamati types.

You came to know my view regarding your place because I did let you know...I try to make things straightforward. My view regarding West Bengal (along with people there) are different from my view regarding india or the nation.

Jamati types here don't crash down years old mosque on police guard or don't burn people alive for being minority. If such atrocities happen here, two big parties are liable for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom