What's new

How India-Vietnam Strategic Ties Are Mutually Beneficial

I think Vietnamese army wants to have different versions of supersonic cruise missiles. Indian versions (Brahmos) can be fired by ships and aircrafts. You know the current Vietnams Yakhonts can only be launched by trucks. So that is the logic behind.

But the main goal for us Vietnam to acquire the technology to self produce the rockets.

I will keep you idea in my head. Just in case we need it. :-)

If Vietnam wants to acquire the technology, it need to develop one itself. Or it can ask for technical assistance. For that, you will need Russian assistance. India is just an middle man when it comes to develop Brahmos. Why not do directly to the source? If you ask India about something, they would have to say, "I'll get back to you" and call up Russia for answer. Just think of India as a first line tech support for Brahmos. That is actually what they are for, no more, no less.

If Vietnam wants to acquire the technology, it need to develop one itself. Or it can ask for technical assistance. For that, you will need Russian assistance. India is just an middle man when it comes to develop Brahmos. Why not do directly to the source? If you ask India about something, they would have to say, "I'll get back to you" and call up Russia for answer. Just think of India as a first line tech support for Brahmos. That is actually what they are for, no more, no less.
Sure, since years Vietnam repeats asking Russia for delivering the technology of producing Yakhonts. But the Russians are reluctiant in doing so (I guess China plays a role here). Russia already provided technology to Vietnam for producing subsonic cruise missiles (such as Urans).

Russia to Help Vietnam Produce Anti-Ship Missiles, RIA Says - Bloomberg

But things have changed this year, when Russia recognises the important role Vietnam plays in the region. Putin came to visit Vietnam and promised more weapons and delivering arms technology to Vietnam. We don´t know details yet what Putin promised and have to wait a bit until announced.

India has years of experience of co-producing Russian weapons, that Vietnam wants to tap.

Iam looking forward to have ISRO Ground station some where in vietnam

Back
Top Bottom