What's new

How India averted a UK supported Coup in Seychelles!

Recently there was a MP who said offering a Statehood to Maldives. Efforts are on I guess.

Efforts are on to induct these countries into Indian Union with some agreements. India will not any country to spread its influence in South Asia or IOR.

Efforts are on to induct these countries into Indian Union with some agreements. India will not any country to spread its influence in South Asia or IOR.

I think bringing them under Indian Union is not very feasible but the priority should be given to the agreement under which the responsibility of security and foreign policy of the country will be India's responsibility.

I think bringing them under Indian Union is not very feasible but the priority should be given to the agreement under which the responsibility of security and foreign policy of the country will be India's responsibility.

Yes the agreement should related to defense and foreign policy related, Nepal and Bhutan as like India so no problem inducting them I think.

An Interesting article. Clearly 1990's was a lost decade. We lost all the influence we had during that decade. And now we are catching up. We should have played pro active role in preventing coup's in our backyard. We should have intervened in Maldives too.

Yeah man. The Sri Lankan episode was a disaster. We tried to support the rebels a long time ago, then reverted our position then did nothing to stop the massacre. Its surreal. I always felt Sri Lanka should have been a part of India. Now it will never be. Every foreign player will use it as a hedge against us. The British knew exactly what they were doing when they did all this. We should have stepped up aftwerwards and forced it. Same thing with Nepal,Bhutan, Maldives, Bangladesh etc. Its easier to solve problems when these nations are absorbed into your country. Now we have to bend over backwards to appease everyone. When Gandhi failed with partition, we should have changed our plans. I wish we had a ruler like Netaji or Patel. The world of difference it would have made.

Back
Top Bottom