What's new

How DRDO failed India's military

Evan though DRDO knew thair capability or lack of it
It is weapon of war, after all. Wil it care whether it is "indigenous" or not??

Please don't show your ignorance about world of arm twisting dude.....

Imagine have a pistol but only 3 bullets. Your 'should be buddy' tells "Dude I will give you my bullets in need". When you are in real need, your 'should be buddy' thinks its more gain for him if he associate himself with your enemy....Where do you end up dude.....

The world is not simple as 1+1=2

Its not just the weapons that fight but the humans....No weapons fight themselves unless its the age of Terminators or Matrix...So including weapons there are more things to be counted into a war..

If you need examples just check the link between Cuban crisis and the timing of India China 1962 war or indirect actions of USSR and USA in the India Pak war

Building something local and importing something are different. Buying arms even have effect on "Balance of trade account" between two countries. Hope you take this point too into the calculation......

Its so sad to see that even after long long discussion thru this forum members have not yet come to know the advantages and disadvantages of "indigenious weapon". Due to the dirt washing on "indegenious weapons" most of threads are loosing their value. Lets discuss topics that can give us all more knowledeg and added values rather that quarreling on topics that can never yield a result (at least not in the nearest future )

Its so sad to see that even after long long discussion thru this forum members have not yet come to know the advantages and disadvantages of "indigenious weapon". )

You raised the valid point...........lets Define "Indigenous Weapon" first.

Take Arjun MBT or LCA as example and define "Indi-genious"

You raised the valid point...........lets Define "Indigenous Weapon" first.

Take Arjun MBT or LCA as example and define "Indi-genious"

Oh common holy ****................I meant how long have you been discussing the same..........Please bother to talk something else.....

A discussion takes place when two people are ready to talk with free minds...

It cannot happen with people who are with prejudice and talking with attitude just to win in a talk...........

If you want me to tell that India hasn't made any thing of its own, then make yourself feel that i said it......Does that make a difference to you....Does that make a difference to DRDO...does that make a difference to India...NO it doesn't......

For a baby to be born alive you have to wait atleast 9 months....I believe that the effect and value of many of our actions can been seen fructifying only in the time to come.....

I believe that the path Indian defence sector is taking is at least a small step towards the future....To deny it is utter foolishness...There may be many wrong in what we are doing..Then the history of the entire human creations was to rectify the defects and move towards perfection.....

I would like to point one thing to you.....All the talk is about how DRDO failed India...But if DRDO was not there would this topic be here...If it didn't try to create Arjun and LCA will this topic be here......So this criticism itself can be taken as a valid point to tell that DRDO is doing something be it good or bad...

.Let me make it clear Arjun and LCA are not projects in isolation...There are follow ups on which talks have already started.....See where Prithvi is now...Did it reach a stage where India and DRDO is thinking about ABM.....And wasn't it a hot topic about failure of Indian BM program long time back.....Why don't dudes discuss it now........

Again India and Pakistan are two nations that came into existence on same day; even though brothers ended up as enemies...And which is the basic reason of all the ever fueling fight on DRDO and indegenious topics......Accept this reality and you will have a better vision...If you can stand as an outsider and think, I believe its well and good..............
Atleast know that even in the darkest sky there can be ray of goodness, love and hope. All children born on this earth are gifted.............and so are the nations and organizations...

Its better move ahead and see how much can be gained from the time at present than continuing with a never ending debate...........

... But this certainly unviel India's below average scientific intellect. ....

Oh cmon BATMAN :crazy: please refrain from making such immature comments. I know u've been reprimanded b4 but i had to add that u've got a narrow minded approach to this scenario, which i doubt u know a lot about. Indian scientists and engineers are world renown. IIT and IIM graduates are picked up by famous companies all over the world and average out a payscale comparable to top institutes of America such as Stanford and MIT. I know that not all of these are working in the defence industry but it dispells ur little myth that we're morons! If you ppl wanna know the real reason why ISRO and DRDO are moving at a snail's pace then look into the payscales of the scientists of the two organizations.(btw im not allowed to post URLs yet)

For ISRO scientists:
go to the ISRO website and then job opportunities
(there are multiple links for different jobs)

For DRDO scientists:
search DRDO payscales on google and the first result

An airhostess in a local Indian airline gets paid more than a distinguished scientist in DRDO!!! NOW ISNt that something to think about??? My opinion is that the next pay commission needs to sit down and seriously think over this issue. OUR scientists NEED to be paid more!:hitwall: In a world where money makes and breaks everything, its not surprising if the relation that pay is directly proportional to talent might hold true! IMAGINE where ISRO and DRDO would be today if they were to get all the most talented scientists of our country to work for them! So far privatization is the only hope of achieving the ideal scenario but isn't any1 with me in thinking that its just taking too long and our companies are not being able to fully participate because of dubious restrictions??? Please enlighten me further if u can :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom