What's new

How Do You View America?

How do Iranians view America?

• Total voters
I have always a view point that if ever, West should have aligned with any Muslim nations then it should have been Iran..But see the tragedy of diplomacy by both nations, they are loggerhead to each other...Otherwise, people of Iran are one of most modern, liberal and open minded cultural people among other Muslim nations and society that West should have adored with rather than fighting with them...

This is why...even Indian Non Muslim people also find it very much comfortable with dealing and interacting with Iranian Muslim people with comparison to other Islamic nation citizens...This is my personal observation..

At first I went to vote 1, unlike some policies of their government people are good ... but I can not separate people from their own elected government , American people are responsible for their government's policies too.

Negative view about US government that will not change , no matter what happens because history can't change .

However I have a positive view about American people , I've heard Iranians and Americans have many things in common from a guy who'd lived there for years .

Come on it couldn't be true, base on the poll "Iranians hate everything about Americans" 40.0%
we hate everything related to the USA ?

ye..... burn them all:woot:
american-flag-texture-wallpaper-8034.jpg

If i did the same thing with your flag would you like it ???

It is not good to be disrespectful to a nation's flag.....

The question is simple. Please explain your vote-choice and feel free to add anything.

Iranians only please. People who ignore this request will not be able to have children later on in life.
:omghaha:

But seriously, if you're an iranian living in Iran, how would you know?

The question is simple. Please explain your vote-choice and feel free to add anything.

Iranians only please. People who ignore this request will not be able to have children later on in life.

in simple words americans are not trustworthy...
i dint vote....:)

However I have a positive view about American people , I've heard Iranians and Americans have many things in common from a guy who'd lived there for years .

From a neutral point of view as someone having a lot of Iranian as well as American friends, I can pretty much vouch for this. Iranians are the most "American" people in the Islamic world - or contrarily Americans are the most "Iranian" people in the west.

You are probably the only country in the Islamic world to adopt a scientific approach to thinking and teaching (especially evolution) without being struck up on dogma - so that gets you a long way too.

What happened historically is unfortunate, but I believe someone should lay the seed for a future Iranian-American economic relationship.

If i did the same thing with your flag would you like it ???

It is not good to be disrespectful to a nation's flag.....

Unfortunately, this view goes back to the regime. Not only they don't respect other nation's flags, they don't respect their own flag!! The respect was lost after the revolution and the flag was viewed as a piece of cloth and not what it stands for. The sense and feeling seems not to be there; unless, perhaps if you are listed in the army! They may talk about the importance of the flag but there is no spirit behind it.

Unfortunately, this view goes back to the regime. Not only they don't respect other nation's flags, they don't respect their own flag!! The respect was lost after the revolution and the flag was viewed as a piece of cloth and not what it stands for. The sense and feeling seems not to be there; unless, perhaps if you are listed in the army! They may talk about the importance of the flag but there is no spirit behind it.

Mate, how is the importance of your flag to your people ???

I'm asking this because i have seen in American movies/serials etc.... people using US flag as bikinis, underwears etc.... ? It is a blasphemy for us to use the flag like that .... :what:

Altogether and in general, in the Middle East, the Arabian people are not fond of the Americans unlike their respective government; however, with Iran it is the opposite. The government is not fond of U.S. while the people have a different view. As for the governments, I believe they are not much different than one another; except that U.S. has finesse (most of the times) in their behavior compare to the Iranian regime!!

I'm asking this because i have seen in American movies/serials etc.... people using US flag as bikinis, underwears etc.... ? It is a blasphemy for us to use the flag like that .... :what:
Americans respect their flag as much as Turks have respect for their flag but they are easier with its usage, do the same in Turkey and you will be arrested. :D

Article 7 - The Turkish flag shall not be used as torn, unraveled, patched, with holes in it, dirty, faded, wrinkled or in a situation that will bruise its spiritual value.
Except for official oath ceremonies it shall not be used on desks and podiums as a cover for any purpose. It shall not be put on places where people sit or stand. The shape of the flag shall not be made to these places and similar things. It shall not be worn as a dress or uniform.

Any political party, organization, society, club, association or foundation other than the public associations and those foundations that are determined in the charter shall not use the flag on their emblems, pennants, symbols or similar things that will form base or background on either side. The Turkish Flag shall not be insulted or shown disrespect by speech, writing, action or any other means. The flag shall not be torn, burned, thrown or used without care. Any action that is against this law and the charter shall be prevented and relevant investigation shall be performed.

:D

Good point but it goes back to ones culture and what it represents when wearing it as a bikini. I understand where you are coming from, but a US born person is not raised with your values. But, I will tell you this that if you have a ragged, torn or dirty (real) flag hanging from the porch of your house, you will be arrested and fined!! This is a fact about flags but not sure about bikini or boxer shorts flags!!!! :D
Unfortunately, this is not true for Iranian flags which many times they have been seen on a pole, torn and dirty. But to be fair I think it is much better as recently I've seen gigantic flags been posted in Iran. Hope the respect comes back soon and taught what it represents once again. If it is taught, then the flag burnings should stop because they represent a nation and not its government or regime!!

Altogether and in general, in the Middle East, the Arabian people are not fond of the Americans unlike their respective government; however, with Iran it is the opposite. The government is not fond of U.S. while the people have a different view. As for the governments, I believe they are not much different than one another; except that U.S. has finesse (most of the times) in their behavior compare to the Iranian regime!!
I was going to say this before, but the hezbollahi brigade ruined the thread so I didn't bother.

Iranian society, not the government, has a lot of bad things to say about British people, for example, but you'll never find these generalizations about Americans and their culture. In general people are infatuated by American culture and history and the ONLY group of people that will have bad things to say about the US are the religious drones. Even they will try to separate the government from the people.

:D

Good point but it goes back to ones culture and what it represents when wearing it as a bikini. I understand where you are coming from, but a US born person is not raised with your values. But, I will tell you this that if you have a ragged, torn or dirty (real) flag hanging from the porch of your house, you will be arrested and fined!! This is a fact about flags but not sure about bikini or boxer shorts flags!!!! :D
Unfortunately, this is not true for Iranian flags which many times they have been seen on a pole, torn and dirty. But to be fair I think it is much better as recently I've seen gigantic flags been posted in Iran. Hope the respect comes back soon and taught what it represents once again. If it is taught, then the flag burnings should stop because they represent a nation and not its government or regime!!
I assume you are a Iranian living in USA?

Back
Top Bottom