What's new

How Do You Plan To Counter Phalcon Threat?

How do you plan to counter phalcon threat?

• Total voters
Your post is pretty contrary don't you think? On the one side you openly threaten Indias security and on the other you want India to make peace. Both sides must want peace, otherwise peace is not possible!

Hi,

You are extremely correct in your analysis---if you cannot subdue us and break us down under these critical and severe times---with us being under a severe handicap---what do you think would happen when american troops are gone from afg and we don't have any restraints.

To make you realize that peace is of utmost importance, you need to recognize the threat that is very evident otherwise----without acknowledging the threat, you would not talk of peace.

We all have a fear of loss---we all live by it---that is a part and parcel of our psyches---. You have to look into the mirror and acknowledge---is the good life that I am living in india---is it worth the peace with pakistan---.

I talk to software and hardware engineers from india in san jose all the time---they tell me that they have excellent salaries and lifestyle in india---south india is booming---. With peace, there will be new horizons opening up for you and us.

The reason for comment was that you have pushed us back with your subversive activities but not as much as you wanted to and we are going through tumulous times----guess what we will be able to do in return when we dopn't have any pressure. Ultimately you and I will go to war---and I don't want to.

Plus, why a dormant thread since 2005 got activated ?? Hasn't PAF taken steps to counter Indian Phalcon already ??

Hi,

The snake has a life of its own. It was just lying dormant for awhile, till someone poured warm water over it.

Last edited:
karan.1970..isn't war and win about self-victory and inhalation of enemy? or is it about mine is bigger than yours?

Win. yes.. Complete annhilation of the enemy..not necessarily..

And thats exactly the point I am trying to make. USA did not manage to destroy the USSR. However it (thru luck or design) managed to contain it very well.. And the USSR's own economy did the rest...

And in war, the only big or small that matters is the inguinity of your plan..

welll i think pakistan airforce needed to be getting more weapon systems than army we need air tanker to refuel F 16, we need FT 200 sam system we neeed cargo transport for future needs we need chinese awacs tooo

How Do You Plan To Counter Phalcon Threat?

:smitten:
Hi,

The snake has a life of its own. It was just lying dormant for awhile, till someone poured warm water over it.

Better would be to get long range AA missiles so that the area of operation closer to the border can be restricted, say reduce by a 100 KM. Would any one keep their SAM batteries on LOC to avoid the threat from an AWACS?

Mastan Khan, your words seems to see the future and makes it feel like Pakistan has some deep intentions which would call a peace effort much unworthy just like the Kargil.

Once you let the devil out, its very difficult to get put it back. Resolution of Kashmir issue will not create a peaceful atmosphere as terrorism would continue to flourish with or without it. Americans would know this for a fact. I doubt whether they prefer fighting the Soviets or the Taliban

The counter to Phalcon is not in the form of a an ultra long range SAM system or some amazing hard kill technology. Its simply in flying our own AEW assets efficiently and effectively and giving our air defences advance warning about any impending ingresses. Once we have our surveillance in the air, its makes it all the more difficult for the IAF to plan missions in the Pakistani air space.

With Erieyes, PAF is well positioned to deny air superiority to the IAF. AEW on both sides will greatly reduce offensive options for both sides considerably. Given that offensive option is a bigger deal for the IAF, they have a much bigger challenge to overcome than Pakistan.

JimmyJ...where did Kashmir popped up in countering AWACS threat..Yes Pakistan has intentions and Ambitions..peace does not mean we don't update upgrade and induct new systems and technologies and planes/awacs and vice versa..we've an enemy we will counter them..

Mastan Khan, your words seems to see the future and makes it feel like Pakistan has some deep intentions which would call a peace effort much unworthy just like the Kargil.

Once you let the devil out, its very difficult to get put it back. Resolution of Kashmir issue will not create a peaceful atmosphere as terrorism would continue to flourish with or without it. Americans would know this for a fact. I doubt whether they prefer fighting the Soviets or the Taliban

First thing first. Lets resolve Kashmir first then we can move on to evaluating whether it helps reduce terrorism or not.

A possibibility to counter the Threat from Phalcon AWACS System, could be a possible procurment of Aselsan Electronic Attack System from Turkey. The Turkish Air Force seek a Stand - Off Jamming Platform, 4 Buisness Jets porbably Bombardier Glabal Express or Gulfstream G-550 should be aquired and get equipt with Aselsan Electronic Attack System.

This System can jamm enemy Comunication, Radars and AWACS.
You might want to double check on this. Each is about battlefield level communication in the HF/UHF/VHF range.

http://www2.ssm.gov.tr/katalog2007/data/038/urun ing/ASELSAN ingilizce/JAMINT 4/1.htm
JAMINT-4S Mobile HF Tactical Communications Jammer System...

http://www2.ssm.gov.tr/katalog2007/data/038/urun ing/ASELSAN ingilizce/JAMINT 3A/1.htm
JAMINT-3 Tactical Jammer operates in the V/UHF frequency band...

http://www2.ssm.gov.tr/katalog2007/data/038/urun ing/ASELSAN ingilizce/DFINT 3A2-3T2/1.htm
DFINT-3A2 operates in the VHF/UHF frequency band...
If you wish to conduct communication ECM then may be -- just may be -- this could work. All of them are at the mhz bands or meters length wavelengths. But if you wish to conduct AWACS ECM then you need equipments to transmit at the ghz, aka centimetric (cm) bands, and it must be powerful enough to reach for hundreds of km.

Phalcon is a fat slow plane

You cracked me up there mate!!! :rofl:

As far as speed goes:

Phalcon (Il-76 based): top speed approx 510 miles/hr
E-3 sentry (707): top speed approx 530 miles/hr
Erieye (Saab 2000): top speed approx 450 miles/hr
Boeing 737 (MESA): top speed approx 530 miles/hr
Saab 340: top speed approx 340 miles/hr
Boeing 767 AWACS (E-3): top speed approx 540 miles/hr
E-2 Hawkeye: top speed approx 380 miles/hr

As far as size goes: it is fat ;) . Isn't it the same aircraft as the brand new PAF tankers :)?

PS: I know this post is useless in this discussion but could'nt help put up those numbers!

No doubt that India has a very good edge in term of AWACs, the Su-30s give them a very significant edge. But you should also know that Pakistans goal is to keep the minimum detterence and it will do everything it can to keep it.

If Pakistan gets AWACs which will be some where around 7 of them. Also Pakistan is looking for data linking with AWACs for all its fighters to make communication very easy. This can give Pakistan ability to mobilize in the region and keep superiority over the Pakistan Air Space. Although it will be very tough to counter Phalcons, and Su-30s supported by ground array radars. But then Pakistan will be in the same position with F-16s, JF-17s, F-7s and couple others like Mirage ROSE all with the capability of data linking, supported by American and Vera long range radar to counter indegious Indian phased array radars which are still in development.

And we will sure get Vera long range radars until India makes their own.

How does the "offensive" doctrine of PAF comply with.....

Pakistans goal is to keep the minimum detterence

Back
Top Bottom