What's new

How do Indians see Australia?

Reaction score
Country
Australia
What are the perceptions of Australia in India? I was just there in India went you Mumbai, Delhi, Shimla etc.

Talked to many Indians and about 70% of the people I spoke to seem to think that Australia is racist? But when I asked them about India being racist they were quick to defend themselves.

So have to ask you guys on here when is the general perception of Australia in the general population?

Some of the incidents of racial attack on Indians has been highlighted by the media to create a biased opinion against Australians. Overall, the Australian image is quite positive for educated class, who happen to visit Australia or interacted with any Australian in real life.

honest the perception here is that australian are in general racist . most people fail to see their shortcomings so that explains the indians defending themselves part ...

I noticed that during my trip to India the everyone kept saying Aussies are racist, most of the attacks on Indian students were Indians themselves attacking other Indians. Then there was that case of an Indian getting burnt and he went to the media saying a gang of racist Aussies attacked him, after months of investigation by the police it was found that he was trying to commit insurance fraud by setting his car on fire, he was arrested and deported along with his wife.

And most of the other incidents were Indians working late at night and getting attacked by druggies who wanted some cash to buy drugs, it would have happened to me or any other Aussies if we were roaming late at night, especially in some places in Melbourne which are known by locals to be high crime areas.

Actually, Governments of India and Australia seem to be defence partners/allies...... public and their dealing between eachother is another matter.

Racist? Yes n no
Yes when i hear news of somebody gets beaten to a bloody pul just for being asian you wont see that happen in china.

Yes when we hear asians getting yelled at "go back home"

Yes when my aussia coworker advised me not to take the train at night and i avoid drunkards, u wont worry about these in china.

No based on my personal experience when i was there, all was good.

So far under Modi, 29 Indian Muslims have been lynched. How many Muslims did Australians lynch in Australiya?

Typing this from Melbourne. So general public opinion on Australia in India is kinda mixed most people who have interacted with the Aussies think they are good and Australia is a good country, But there is a media made perception that makes Australia looks more like a Racist Nation. The last heard news was a bus driver got burnt Molotov when he was drying the bus.

Even in some cases when there is a case of fraud and the Indian's are deported with his family our media won't be showing that in the news as it won't sell.

Also, i was suggested not to roam alone late in the night and never interact with drunkards. Which is applicable for most countries.

Back
Top Bottom