What's new

How do indian muslims see pakistan.

Gujranwalas Panjabi is nothing like the one spoken in east.

It's similar to Amritsar/Gurdaspur side Punjabi bro. My family is from Gujranwala, some words are different but for the most part it seems to be standard Majhail Punjabi, no?

No it ain't.

I'm from faisalabad and have relatives from gujranwala.

Our dialect has nothing in common. In fact faisalabadi Panjabi , is made fun of by em.

For example in lyalpuri dialect, we be like "son take a left"

Kaka "aien" nu Ho Jaen.

Gujranwala ;

Put agay ja k khabay Ho jawien.
The second saying would be something my grandparents say and they are from Faisalabad.

They silently supports Pakistan & two Nation theory . especially after the hindu majority of india elect modi. ( my father's cousins live in india)

It's similar to Amritsar/Gurdaspur side Punjabi bro. My family is from Gujranwala, some words are different but for the most part it seems to be standard Majhail Punjabi, no?
Bro it's similar to the way East punjabis speak my extended family are from Gujranwale.

I'm refering to the Gujjur community based in UK. Not the situation back home.

Great city eh?

Basically from a Pind bro;

My Pind/village
IMG_5151.JPG

I visited Pakistan 6 years ago went to Islamabad, Rawalpindi Faisalabad and Lahore. The youth either speak Urdu or English. Punjabi is mainly spoken in the rural heartlands.

Your village looks the same as any village in Pak Punjab.

I visited Pakistan 6 years ago went to Islamabad, Rawalpindi Faisalabad and Lahore. The youth either speak Urdu or English. Punjabi is mainly spoken in the rural heartlands.

Your village looks the same as any village in Pak Punjab.

I beg to differ.

It depends on your crowd.

Now if you hang up with burgers,wannabes surely they would even speak Urdu with English accent.

If you hang out with the common man even in Lahore, he'd speak Panjabi.

And as for faisalabad, pra in corporate offices it maybe spoken but not everywhere.
Thankfully faisalabad is still a Panjabi speaking city.

We make fun of anybody who speaks Hindi as soft and effeminate :lol:

Yaar in our Pind till a few years, they'd mock you for wearing pants let alone speaking Urdu.

Oye aa ki "Padkutni" pai aa kanjra..:lol:

When faisalabadis speak they tend to use the words 'sig ga' at the end of a sentence. Example I did the work 'meh kam Kitta sig ga'

Yep sounds familiar. People from Jalandhar do the same. We Majhails tend to say "main kamm kitta si" or more likely "main inj kitta vaa"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom