What's new

How Dawn Leaks ruined Pakistan Army’s credibility

lol... google it if you dont trust bro ..chacha google use kar lia karo bajay zardari & ppp bashing morons ki kab tak suno gay ? doct asim ko kis na pakra tha ? aor chora keun ? agar woh corrupt tha to usko phansi do aor agar woh nhi tha phir usko pakarny walo ko phansi do ..kom k sath kia mazak mazak khail rahy hain sab ?
Agar saboot ko afwahain keh kar PM ko disqualify nahi kiya ja sakta to Gillani ka kiya kasor tha?

Army has taken a massive hit in the public opinion, I hope it was a calculated decision and a contingency is in place.
Yes but if we take a good look at the actual Dawn leaks it was a matter of Principles not an actual security breach.
Maryam had an argument with DG ISI and her being the kid bragged about it outside the meeting and leaked it. Not that country's nuclear launch code was given away or Location of TELs. The army picked up the point and chased it because the discussions behind closed doors between Government ministers and spy chief cannot be made public unless through an official statement or pres release.
Maryam went on to brag in front of whoever she chose that she said this to DG ISI and he said that. The discussion was about arresting Hafiz saeed on which DG ISI simply said that if government wanted to arrest him or anyone else, go for it, dont ask us.

Army has taken a massive hit in the public opinion, I hope it was a calculated decision and a contingency is in place.

True - I hope so too.

Battalion 408 has submitted pulse - I don't think it was needed to know what's it - it's staring them in the face!

Yes but if we take a good look at the actual Dawn leaks it was a matter of Principles not an actual security breach.
Maryam had an argument with DG ISI and her being the kid bragged about it outside the meeting and leaked it. Not that country's nuclear launch code was given away or Location of TELs. The army picked up the point and chased it because the discussions behind closed doors between Government ministers and spy chief cannot be made public unless through an official statement or pres release.
Maryam went on to brag in front of whoever she chose that she said this to DG ISI and he said that. The discussion was about arresting Hafiz saeed on which DG ISI simply said that if government wanted to arrest him or anyone else, go for it, dont ask us.

Then why Govt stated this in the first place and fired PR without investigation - hence admitting and fixing the responsibility of the blunder.

" On Saturday, the prime minister's office said the Oct. 6 story was "planted" and termed it a "breach of national security". Dawn newspaper editors have stood by the story and its author."

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN12T0DZ?il=0

And in many other media reports - stating they will investigate and make the report public.

And if 44 year old mother in law is a kid then Allah hi hafiz hai actual kids ka.

Also, if there's nothing to hide; and 3 sacrificed lambs were actually guilty then it's to PMLN's advantage to make it public causing huge damage to opposition parties as well as to Pakistan Army enabling them to successfully posture of "who is the real boss" that entire PMLN has strong fixation with - and if they were truly democrats in true sense and had not come into power riding the shoulders of establishment not, once, not twice but thrice- then I would have no beef against them - in fact PPP deserves way more appreciation than PMLN re being democratically elected twice even when odds were against them be it; fundamentalist funding, SA, or establishment - they fought much better wars for democracy than PMLN - what's the performance can be debated - but if Nawaz was in same situation as of BB then his sole feather in the cap in 35 years of Motorway wouldn't be even there to brag about!

Last edited:
Global Village Space |

On May 10th 2017, the nation witnessed a historic compromise between the civil and military establishment over the “Dawn Leaks” issue. In quick succession, both ISPR and the Ministry of Interior released notifications which resolved the matter.

On its website, ISPR’s press release stated that the April 29th tweet by Director General ISPR Asif Ghafoor, which rejected the measures outlined by the Prime Minister’s Secretariat on the Dawn leaks issue, was hereby withdrawn. The ISPR release also proclaimed the Army’s commitment to safeguarding democracy and termed the Dawn leaks matter as resolved.

The fabricated story published by Dawn was, in essence, a breach of Pakistan’s national security. From the outset, this was the adopted stance of both Army and the PML-N government.

Immediately after the ISPR’s statement, the Ministry of Interior released a ‘fresh’ notification which seemed to be drafted rather hastily because it contained several misspellings. The only addition in the notification was the endorsement of actions taken against ex-information minister Pervaiz Rasheed. The notification did not specify the charges on the basis of which he was sacked.

Read more: ISPR’s new clarification: Saving democracy or compromising national security?

The fabricated story published by Dawn was, in essence, a breach of Pakistan’s national security. From the outset, this was the adopted stance of both Army and the PML-N government. The inquiry commission assembled to investigate this ‘breach’ was directed to unmask the perpetrators behind this fabrication. The committee compiled and submitted its report on 25th April following which the Prime Minister’s secretariat released a notification which outlined the measures taken by the government on this issue. This led to the publication of the aforementioned tweet by the DG ISPR which ‘rejected’ the notification. Subsequently, the discussions on media platforms and public forums reflected a renewed hope in the military’s capability when it came to national security issues. However, this strain of speculation has now been proven unsubstantiated.

The change in temperature of the military’s resolve on issues of national importance has serious immediate consequences. Specifically, the nature of its role in the joint investigation team responsible for conducting the inquiry into the purported financial wrong-doings of the Prime Minister.

After all the events and yesterday’s anticlimactic resolution of the Dawn leaks saga, the real perpetrators of this national security breach have neither been identified nor has any punitive action been taken against them. In the backdrop of escalating hostilities on the Indian and Afghan borders, it seems the army has withdrawn from and discarded its previous stance which identified Dawn leaks as a propagation of the enemy narrative. Following this bathos in the Army’s effort to secure national interests, the prevalent perception of the military’s moral strength and capacity to secure the nation’s interests has been dealt a heavy blow.

Read more: Government sticking to its guns: Dawn leaks matter resolved

This unfortunate outcome can be interpreted, in effect, as a victory for interests hostile to Pakistan.

Read full article:

I read these news on multiple sites. I think this was a historic moment where both the military and civil organizations shown serious efforts to work together and adhere to the Parliament / PM being the top authority. This was said by the military. This is historic in nature and essentially closes the doors for any dictator in the future to come jumping up and down.

There were even analysis on CNN on this too and everyone was labeling this the "win of the Pakistani people" and were appreciating the resolve between the Civil and Military leadership to take these serious matters and resolve them in the closed doors, and openly agreeing to the fact that the ultimate authority is the Democratically Elected PM. That means "the People of Pakistan" win. Period. Good job to both parties on being mature and serious and doing the right thing to move Pakistan in the right direction with high growth. Pakistan needs a stronger economy, otherwise its a lot of issues all around. So it was time to work towards a better future.

I read these news on multiple sites. I think this was a historic moment where both the military and civil organizations shown serious efforts to work together and adhere to the Parliament / PM being the top authority. This was said by the military. This is historic in nature and essentially closes the doors for any dictator in the future to come jumping up and down.

There were even analysis on CNN on this too and everyone was labeling this the "win of the Pakistani people" and were appreciating the resolve between the Civil and Military leadership to take these serious matters and resolve them in the closed doors, and openly agreeing to the fact that the ultimate authority is the Democratically Elected PM. That means "the People of Pakistan" win. Period. Good job to both parties on being mature and serious and doing the right thing to move Pakistan in the right direction with high growth. Pakistan needs a stronger economy, otherwise its a lot of issues all around. So it was time to work towards a better future.
So army ignoring govt endorsing Indian view is historic win for Pakistan?

Do you have any evidence to support it ? it is a lie from day one, she is running media cell for PMLN not any gov office...similarly PTI running its media cell

Based on assumptions that it was her, PTI and PPP started all the character assassinations...
Similarly one can say General Pasha was behind all 2014 dharna's but there are no proofs for it ...

PTI and IK always speak lie and then take that lie as facts excatly like 35 punctures story...

I am not a PTI supporter still i firmly believe that ARMY have all the evidence against Maryam, and as far as 35 punctures are concerned, trust me in any civilized country the SC wouldn't have dared call 2013 rigging as electon irregularities and dismiss the case, it only happens in Pakistan.

So army ignoring govt endorsing Indian view is historic win for Pakistan?

Don't may of Pakistanis think that IK is a Jewish spy.....your army is ignoring him too :lol::enjoy:. I've read and seen demonstrations where people call him that. Come back with a logical argument. Writing posts to make "talking points" and verbal diarrhea don't stabilized a country.

Don't may of Pakistanis think that IK is a Jewish spy.
Only idiots of pmln and braine dead Mullahs btw DAniyal Aziz the super merasi of pmln is son of a Jewish Cabri dancer :D
I've read and seen demonstrations where people call him that.
PMLN rallies hmm um they are same people who say corruption is good for the country and geniouse at those rallies start cursing at the press
Writing posts to make "talking points" and verbal diarrhea don't stabilized a country
I see you are still slightly salty dont worry time will heal the deepest wounds :D

Don't may of Pakistanis think that IK is a Jewish spy.....your army is ignoring him too :lol::enjoy:. I've read and seen demonstrations where people call him that. Come back with a logical argument. Writing posts to make "talking points" and verbal diarrhea don't stabilized a country.

No, not many, just one guy thinks he is a Jewish spy and his name is Mulla Diesel.

Panama JIT is the only way for institutions to restore some credibility. Otherwise, it's pretty much over

Even the Army would have lost its credibility and respect in the eyes of MILLIONS of Pakistanis.

Maryam Nawaz is confirmed to be handling media cell. She was behind character assassination of Raheel Shariff. She had a confirmed and clear role to play in Dawn leaks. Even the officer cadre of Army knows it. Yet our "righteous" and "brave" Army couldn't dare to get its hands on "princess" because she's the daughter of a powerful feudal industrialist? And you want Pakistanis to respect you? Give lives for you? You want us to believe that such caliber men would be able to stand upto a disciplined, cut-throat merit oriented force?

Imagine American generals compromising on a national security breach whereby Ivanka Trump leaks some top secret news to media via her private media cell in order to give Russia an upper geopolitical hand over US military. Imagine ALL of that, and then imagine US military letting Ivanka go because she's a daughter of a rich billionaire and President.

LOL :lol:

Nobody can imagine that because US army is built to WIN, not to protect its own internal image and chaudrahat while being utterly weak and pathetic just to strike some "deals" with politicans.

@Icarus @Rashid Mahmood @Xeric @Bilal Khan 777

Nawaz made Army his "Punjab police" (Trending on social media all over, sadly).

To the generals, ap log apnay young officers se unki jaan maangtay hain. But aik powerful lutairay ki beti ka naam tak nai liya jata enquiry commission mein? Inna Lila hi wa inna aileh-e-rajioon

18402622_550142255110222_8535156668136502431_n.jpg

I am afraid sir this is not gonna sell.
The simple solution was to take it to the courts and get the report public if Army couldn't take a action, they could have exposed the reality. But guess what Army's new slogan is "Mujhay Nawaz Sharif ke bachoun ko bchana hai".

And I really like how Army's dirty wheeling dealings are getting exposed in broad daylight. Their status of being angel has shaken pretty well and they themselves are responsible for it.

18423755_1331723673583100_5152086879372500029_n.jpg

I am afraid sir this is not gonna sell.

Do you think it makes a difference.

Army is an institution and the it will work on their principles for the best interest of the State, whether media loving people like it or not.

Media is selling cheap candy and everyone has gone bonkers.

Back
Top Bottom