What's new

How China trains its children to win gold? - standing on a girl's legs

Whatever,they are children of age 4 or 5 ,they don't even know the significance of a gold medal.They are suppose to be have fun not 24/7 hard training. no offence.

Only problem with that is that the children are effectively given over to the state, because the parents believe that their future would be better if they were raised to be athletes compared to staying at their village. So a bigger issue is that the incentives the Chinese governments offers to the parents is greater than whatever hardships the parents are willing to let their children go through.

It'll be a bigger issue if the children were snatched away from their parents. Not to say it hasn't happened in the past.

BTW, don't use Daily Mail as it isn't known for its balanced journalism, as evident by their choice of photos.

I do not see gymnastics as a 'natural' sport but China got only 1 gold on gymnastics in London. I'm looking forward to see this Indian Agents' argument the other 17 golds that China won in London SO Far...

beijingwalker:

If you read well enough, there is a big huge difference in between 18 years old soldier versus 4-5 years old kid.

Base on soldier military training, even die on sites, boot camp or whatever condition is it still acceptable. U.S teams does not has same kind of training like China its still earned GOLD medals.

in India you also have contortionists and cobra charmers....I bet they train themselves the similiar way,but our kids have big dreams and always aim glory,when you are very determined,you can endure a lot,in China,our kids understand dreams and glory early than some other countries.

It is not always about winning the medals. Indians are good at cricket and we won the world cup in our own way, not this brutal way.
What we are seeing here is a mall group out of thousands of other kids who are tortured and left out because they are not good enough.
Remember a hand full of will only fetch (may be) 30 odd gold medals and what about the other thousands of kids whose Childhood was ruined with out their will, This is not war this is life.

What this communist regime is doing is a propaganda for its dominance nothing more. Olympics is just a sporting event nothing more but for communist regimes because it has to show its firm grip over its governance, This will become a propaganda tool, They will show how the athletes who won the gold medals are enjoying with sports cars and luxury apartments and will continue their brutal training ways.
Where as democratic governments like US and India who care more about people's freedom and human rights will not take this route.

Imagine the uproar that would have happened have these pictures are related to Indian athletes in India.

Please man. I don't know where to even begin replying to what you have posted.

Have you ever played any sport seriously?

I have cycled for my state team. At the Nationals (sub-juniors and then juniors) three years running.

You do not have a friggin clue what you are talking about.

It is this soft mama-papa attitude that ensures that we suck and will continue to suck at sports internationally.

IT IS ALWAYS ABOUT WINNING.

ONLY ABOUT WINNING.

IF YOU ARE NOT COMPETING TO WIN, YOU ARE NOT COMPETING.

I do not see gymnastics as a 'natural' sport but China got only 1 gold on gymnastics in London. I'm looking forward to see this Indian Agents' argument the other 17 golds that China won in London SO Far...

I do respect you nation for commitment and hard work.you deserve those medals.we are taking about kids and As some1 above said this is not WAR.
think about the frustration if she/he fails to bring a medal home.
BTW,
it not only case of gymnastics,

article-0-144A9F88000005DC-118_634x381.jpg

article-0-144A9F7B000005DC-394_634x385.jpg

article-0-144A9F5A000005DC-408_634x422.jpg

This is disgusting and brutal..... How can someone justify the brutality on small kid when they donot know it...you can find enough video on youtube to see the horrific training in china...

would you like to see your kids doing the same ? I guess not..

beijingwalker:

If you read well enough, there is a big huge difference in between 18 years old soldier versus 4-5 years old kid.

Base on soldier military training, even die on sites, boot camp or whatever condition is it still acceptable. U.S teams does not has same kind of training like China its still earned GOLD medals.

VN bla bla bla...but I don't VN on the medal list. We have teenager athletes too and they won gold too and they break world records too.

and u think tht has anything to do with Race or training? ,its all bout Investment, and whipping millions of kids to let the froth rise.

I would have called it Inhumane but ,for China Ppl are just cattle. while only less than 1% make it out to the Olympics the rest loose there lives and livelihood as they haven't studied or educated themselves.

Does one need a reminder about even Olympic athletes that turned to street begging ? its isn't natural,but hey, anything for the glory of the CCP right. the rest can be brushed under the big red carpet.

I do respect you nation for commitment and hard work.you deserve those medals.As some1 said this is not WAR.
think about the frustration if she/he fails to bring a medal home.
BTW,
it not only case of gymnastics,

article-0-144A9F88000005DC-118_634x381.jpg

article-0-144A9F7B000005DC-394_634x385.jpg

article-0-144A9F5A000005DC-408_634x422.jpg

No one expect them to do the same wonderful job as they did in Beijing 4 years ago. What's happening in London exceed most people's expectation. You are a hero if you stands in the Olympic Arena for China already. Just try the best and people understand.

would you like to see your kids doing the same ? I guess not..

It is the parents' choice. I am sure this is not Soviet Russia where kids are whisked away as babies and returned to their families in their teens after they are over the hill for the sport.

Don't want your kid to win an Olympic medal, keep him/her at home to watch TV, eat Lays/Kurkure, and play video games.

Please man. I don't know where to even begin replying to what you have posted.

Have you ever played any sport seriously?

I have cycled for my state team. At the Nationals (sub-juniors and then juniors) three years running.

You do not have a friggin clue what you are talking about.

It is this soft mama-papa attitude that ensures that we suck and will continue to suck at sports internationally.

IT IS ALWAYS ABOUT WINNING.

ONLY ABOUT WINNING.

IF YOU ARE NOT COMPETING TO WIN, YOU ARE NOT COMPETING.

Compare the Communist Chinese brutal training methods to that of west and see the difference. In sports you have to play for the win but from these pics it is evident that these communists are taking the things to another level where winning doesn't matter if you follow these methods.
Communist regime see people as use and throw resources.

Compare the Communist Chinese brutal training methods to that of west and see the difference. In sports you have to play for the win but from these pics it is evident that these communists are taking the things to another level where winning doesn't matter if you follow these methods.
Communist regime see people as use and throw resources.

Bro, some of you are just blatantly China bashing with this communist crap.

Am not buying this time. Sorry.

VN bla bla bla...but I don't VN on the medal list. We have teenager athletes too and they won gold too and they break world records too.

Let me be clear with you, wining a Gold medal that is an honor and no one could deny it. This also no one will supporting to put young kid on this kind of training. Unlike China, Viet Nam does not has some lunatic training for its kids, even though Viet Nam really wants it.

I don't know, maybe it is OK in China I guess. By the way, you quoted that from me to your Chinese friend when his die trying to convince for China Right. (It's turns out his completely wrong)

and u think tht has anything to do with Race or training? ,its all bout Investment, and whipping millions of kids to let the froth rise.

I would have called it Inhumane but ,for China Ppl are just cattle. while only less than 1% make it out to the Olympics the rest loose there lives and livelihood as they haven studied or educated themselves.

Does one need a reminder about even Olympic athletes that turned to street begging ? its isn't natural,but hey, anything for the glory of the CCP right. the rest can be brushed under the big red carpet.

With or without Olympics there are beggers in this very world. Maybe millions in China and even more in India. For some people, less than 1% of population, it is just their talent to become professional athletes and pursuing stronger, faster and higher. What's wrong with it?

Don't be upset by the success China achieved. India hooray for every medal Indian athletes struggle to get, not just Olympics butAsian Games as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom