What's new

How can Pakistan and India help each-other in Economic and Trade!!!!

It is India's non-tariff barriers which are the problem.

Our traders say that when they send stuff to India, it is delayed by the customs authorities and the taxes imposed are so much that it becomes a ghatay ka soda. Even after the customs allow it inside india, the state taxes imposed on pakistani imported stuff are exorbitant.

Not correct. This is simply standard propaganda. India's NTB's are not Pakistan specific, what Pakistan is asking for is special treatment. Granted that there may be administrative delays which may increase cost but no additional taxes are levied. Administrative issues can be sorted out, especially on certification, all that requires is mutually agreed procedures. To imagine that certification issues can be bypassed is simply foolish & shortsighted by the Pakistani exporters because it can most certainly lead to them fighting in the Indian courts. Best would be to work with Indian agencies on long term ideas of how best to solve the problem rather than use it for propaganda purposes..

simply both sides stop trolling on internet so we lose interest in internet life and work more in real life . so our countries economy grow faster :P

Out of 65 year of your countries life....PDF is here for may be max 10 year.....So that means there was not any trolling in PDF by Indian people in last 55 year??? How much your economy prospered???? What you have achieved economically during this period???

Come on ..you are a senior member and at least so you should not troll with some irrational logic...

I beleive ....every one should realize that India and Pak may not be friend to each other...but like EU ...they can do trade with each other at least get some bussiness activity going on...Like in EU...all nations are so friendly with each other but they understand the value of developing economically although they have to trade with their rival countries....

So at most we can acheive to that kind of relation ship in South Asia within next 50 year.....

Canada & US bilateral trade was $645.7 billion in 2010. Now look at the trade between India and Pakistan, it's a pity.

When Zardari suddenly changed his tone, all the work was undone. Get him out of the office and you MAY see better economic relations.

Sir i was u if i m not wrong who said that he is just calming the general public in the practical steps Pakistan has really made a compromise on Kashmir. as the elections r also coming n PPP wants to stay in Gov n elections r coming in 2013 so he maybe tactically playing with international community or Emotions of Pakistani people or his n his party's gains.

Its a common saying that a man is known by his actions not by his tongue. Meaning to judge a man c the actions he take not what he says n i believe that this saying gets 100% fit on Mr Zardari anyways....:lol:

Its weird to me that the Greatest Muslim ruler in the History of 800 year of Hindustan is not perceived as he should have been. Although Indian educational system is designed by Molanna Abdul Kalaam Azad n he was a very very sincere Nationalist as well as a Great Alim. Dont know why if its not changed in the Text books since his death as Jamiaat-e- Ulma-e-Hind regard him hightly.

Well let me do some Research on Molanna n Aurangzeb Alamgir n Molanna's thoughts about him n why......I will then b in the right position to answer yr Question

Now this is the point after showing u the clear distinction between Indian n Pakistani education system n showing u that how nothing bad but Pak or its people is feed to our children in schools all u come up with was doing research about Aurangzeb n Moulana

My point of writing that post was to show u guys that Indian Govt. Isn't feeding our children with Anti-Pakistani or Anti-Muslim propagandas
Small children r taught Moral Science in junior class it teaches them Respecting elder, tolerance toward other religions n Hindu Muslim Sikh Isai all r bhai bhai thats all

U won't find things like ''moo me ram ram n bagal me churi'' or Evil Muslims like u guys r taught evil Hindu Baniyas u will never see Indians commenting about Pakistanis in that way as we r actually not taught anything about Pak except for its our neighbour which came into existance along with us

I don't know what u guys have been taught about Aurangzeb but historical facts supports that he was nothing more than a disaster for the Mughal Empire n it was he who lead to its downfall

I request u to do whatever research u want from neutral sources but plz don't post all that stuff as it will divert the topic n result in troll wars n nothing more....

Destiny of Indians and Pakistanis is like that of conjoined twins: There is no doubt in my mind there will be a close friendship in future. Only question remains: How long will it take? The longer it takes the more we take away from the wretched poor in both countries.

In concrete terms I think both countries need to have a reset on Kashmir: Look at the entire region as not a source of problem but as an opportunity for friendship! That can only happen when Kashmir is not viewed as a real-estate. Within the LOC=IB model there can be creative solutions to not only give Kashmiris meaningful internal autonomy but also address the water-right issues in rational terms.

Pakistan should give up dreaming of Indian-held Kashmir! It is un-winnable. It is a bitter pill to swallow but that's the way things are going to workout. India, in return, should make sure that water is never used as a weapon and that Kashmiris enjoy maximum possible internal autonomy within Indian Constitution.

Pakistan Has!

@Mirza jatt ...this is called encouragement not like discouraging as you do.:disagree:

Dadaji paindabad.............:cheers:

If asking you to spare us of the torture is discouraging, then it may well be that. :D

We tried so hard, and get so far,

but in the end it doesn't even matter....

I like that song.

Apart from raw materials trade and agricultural products, there is very limited scope of a mutual trade between the two as Pakistan lacks a strong industrial manufacturing capability which it has only recently started building up. But with their involvement in WOT and the damage being caused to their economy due to a terrible blunder by their jurnails years ago, it is going to take some time before they are able to export something of secondary industrial application back.

Till then, natural resources is the only possible option or products like textile and artistic products that are considered more of soft industries.

I REQUEST EVERYONE TO READ MY POST FULLY THANKS:)

we were fools to have fought each other when our real enemy is someone else who had actually Divide our Union together, before them there was no hate no body used to think that way we used to b humble with each other n used to fight together against the invaders

We must have to come in the friendly relations once 4 all for regional trade to really happen. There is a common saying that there is no shortcut of success. The success comes from its proper way now its upto us that how much we want to follow that.

Great post Umair, I agree 100%... war decisions are always taken politically and not by the people, but in war, the poor people pay the price of war, where as the politicians sit in their palaces and five star hotels and need not to worry about how they will find a living tomorrow.

As for the trade agreements, It is a shame that two neighbouring countries like Pakistan and India, sharing 2,912 km of borders... have no trade agreements to be spoken off

Pakistan's Imports - partners
China 17.9%, Saudi Arabia 11.2%, UAE 11.1%, Kuwait 5.8%, Malaysia 5.7%, India 4.9%, US 4.3% (2011)

Pakistan's Exports - partners
US 14.3%, UAE 7.7%, Afghanistan 7.6%, China 7.6%, Germany 5%, UK 4.1% (2011)

India's Imports - partners
China 12.1%, UAE 8.3%, Saudi Arabia 5.8%, US 5.1%, Switzerland 4.7% (2011)

India's Exports - partners
UAE 13%, US 11.4%, China 6.3%, Singapore 5.3% (2011)

Trade agreements between India and Pakistan can help both economies grow

Back
Top Bottom