What's new

How can a united states citizen join Pak Army?

Yes you can join Pakistan Armed forces, but you will have to give up your other nationality.

Now i know that USA and Pakistan both allow dual nationalities, but in either case, you have to give up one for joining the armed forces.

Consider your options carefully. Because if you start to serve in Pakistan and give up US nationality, you options might be limited. I mean, what if you don't want to progress further in the Pakistan armed forces? Then what?

I know there are some countries, like UK/Britain, that allow you to reclaim the citizenship back. Check with your state-department or immigration services and see if you can reclaim your citizenship to USA if you leave Pakistan armed forces.

Pakistan Airforce would be good option, if you can qualify for the GDP and fly the skies. But whatever decision you make, stick with it.

well first off, you'll have to renounce your US citizenship. Your US citizenship fobids you from serving in foreign militaries --either for conscription/training or for full on enlistment. Keep that in mind.

and no, the benefits are negligible as is the pay.....your life in sunny California is much more comfortable than what you can dream it will ever be with Pakistan Army

but the rewards of serving in PA simply can not be replicated anywhere else on the globe

if you are REALLY serious, well you can visit the PA website for info and see where you stand...its very competitive

i dont know about what it is currently, but in our year it was over 40,000 applicants.....317 (or something like that) were selected

well first off, you'll have to renounce your US citizenship. Your US citizenship fobids you from serving in foreign militaries --either for conscription/training or for full on enlistment. Keep that in mind.

Dr Oz served in the Turkish military
Oz is fluent in both English and Turkish. He is a holder of both Turkish and American citizenship, having served in the Turkish Army to retain his Turkish citizenship

Dr Oz served in the Turkish military

well technically, he did go against the conventions......but since it was 'askerlik' (military obligation - which can range from 6 months to 15, depending on certain factors) I guess the issue was kept as a non-issue. In this case, he probably did so to retain his Turkish nationality and to avoid paying a large fine (or worse) for not reporting to conscription duty

but as per US laws, allegiance even of double nationals will essentially be towards USA.....if for whatever reason there is a draft (unlikely) he would have to report to duty or else face a court martial.

Pakistan Army is a purely voluntary force. So this guy who started the thread would have to keep that in mind if he were to attain Pakistani nationality and train/enlist

I hold canadian PR card but I was born in Pakistan and moved to Canada in 2013...... I am interested in joining Pakistan army because I admire Pakistan army and I think it is a great honor. Do I have to surrender my Canadian PR status before securing my position in Pakistan army or after securing my position in the army. ...... I will appreciate if someone help me out with my question. .....

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom