What's new

How Afghanistani Gov behavior has changed in the last 2 weeks

FaujHistorian

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
With the start of Operation Zarbe Azb, Afghanistanis (as per my reading) are finally IMPRESSED by the sheer control that Pak army can exert.

It is clear that FIRST time ever in recent history, Afghanistanis are believers in Pak army.

Remember, Afghanistanis are not new to this, they have seen Russians, Americans, and every Tom, and Dick, And Abdullah in between.

Never they saw an utter dominance the way it has been so far in NWA.

So if Pak army and Pakistan can maintain this posture in NWA, Afghanistanis will work with Pakistani army with no issues at all.

If they can see that Pakistani army has caged the likes of Hikmatyars, they will hand over Mullah Fazlu to us in a cage.

With the start of Operation Zarbe Azb, Afghanistanis (as per my reading) are finally IMPRESSED by the sheer control that Pak army can exert.

It is clear that FIRST time ever in recent history, Afghanistanis are believers in Pak army.

Remember, Afghanistanis are not new to this, they have seen Russians, Americans, and every Tom, and Dick, And Abdullah in between.

Never they saw an utter dominance the way it has been so far in NWA.

So if Pak army and Pakistan can maintain this posture in NWA, Afghanistanis will work with Pakistani army with no issues at all.

If they can see that Pakistani army has caged the likes of Hikmatyars, they will hand over Mullah Fazlu to us in a cage.

Well that is certainly good news.

But has anything been done on the ground? I was reading somewhere that before the operation began the leaders of TTP escaped in addition to significant no of terrorists as well.

And is your Army going after the Haqqani network as well? If you really want Afghanistan to be cooperating with Pakistan you should not distinguish between the Good V/S Bad.

I like your positive thinking however ANA is not capable and will not be for another 10-15 years. It might not even happen.

In Iraq US military trainers worked with Iraqi army for 10 years and these cowards still run away from battle. ANA is massively out of their depth.

We can't afford to wait another decade for ANA and Afghan govt to catch up and secure their side of the border.

Once NW is fully conquered we have to move into Kunar and Nooristan and finish this ourselves otherwise we will be in limbo and the odd terrorist attack will keep happening.

This must end and it ends with Afghan border towns being burnt to the ground.

I like your positive thinking however ANA is not capable and will not be for another 10-15 years. It might not even happen.

In Iraq US military trainers worked with Iraqi army for 10 years and these cowards still run away from battle. ANA is massively out of their depth.

We can't afford to wait another decade for ANA and Afghan govt to catch up and secure their side of the border.

Once NW is fully conquered we have to move into Kunar and Nooristan and finish this ourselves otherwise we will be in limbo and the odd terrorist attack will keep happening.

Please look out for bad PR too.

Don't you think a better approach would be to collectively eliminate the bad guys rather than violating a country's sovereignty?

I think for hostilities to come down you need to walk beside Afghanistan and not take action unilaterally.

Please look out for bad PR too.

Don't you think a better approach would be to collectively eliminate the bad guys rather than violating a country's sovereignty?

I think for hostilities to come down you need to walk beside Afghanistan and not take action unilaterally.

Ofcourse, that would be the best way forward. But when the other party is not capable you are compromised.

Ok my option is bad PR but the long term benefits outweigh this. Not only Afghanistan is freed from TTP controlling territory, it kills terrorism in Pak.

Hand holding and soft diplomacy does not work, it has failed in this instance as Afghan intelligence has been corrupted into aiding TTP.

PA is the strongest armed group in this region, it needs to take control and it can do this by hunting down TTP elements which run into the thousands and thousands in Afghan border towns. I would be tempted to guess there are roughly 100,000 TTP fighters and sympathizers living in this area. They need taking out.

I am sure once all is done Pak can offer to rebuild these towns and build up some good PR. Pak cannot afford to lose another decade of development just because their incompetent neighbors don't know how to run a country.

But has anything been done on the ground? I was reading somewhere that before the operation began the leaders of TTP escaped in addition to significant no of terrorists as well.

And is your Army going after the Haqqani network as well? If you really want Afghanistan to be cooperating with Pakistan you should not distinguish between the Good V/S Bad.

My observations are based on the body language of Afghanistani security establishment guys who are making a beeline to Islamiabad.

Your concerns are valid.

What I wrote is based on Pak army actions until now.

What happens in near and distant future is all up in the air.

haqqani issue is both military and civlian. While we concentrate on military side, we must look at the civilian side as well.

Haqqani etc. can run back and forth across the border. it depends if the local population in Afghanistan or Pakistan gives them space to operate.

so far it looks like Afghanistani populations not willing to give them space. But it remains to be seen.

it also looks like India too is taking hands off approach in Afghanistan for the moment. Which is a very good thing.

Ofcourse, that would be the best way forward. But when the other party is not capable you are compromised.

Ok my option is bad PR but the long term benefits outweigh this. Not only Afghanistan is freed from TTP controlling territory, it kills terrorism in Pak.

Hand holding and soft diplomacy does not work, it has failed in this instance as Afghan intelligence has been corrupted into aiding TTP.

PA is the strongest armed group in this region, it needs to take control and it can do this by hunting down TTP elements which run into the thousands and thousands in Afghan border towns. I would be tempted to guess there are roughly 100,000 TTP fighters and sympathizers living in this area. They need taking out.

I am sure once all is done Pak can offer to rebuild these towns and build up some good PR. Pak cannot afford to lose another decade of development just because their incompetent neighbors don't know how to run a country.

Bro, Do you know the population numbers and yearly budget of Afghanistan?

It is tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny compared to that of Pakistan.

The whole Afghanistani population will fit in to one-or-two large cities of Pakistan. they are utterly dependent on Pakistan for every grain of wheat/rice, and every nail, and drop of oil. Thus the Afghanistani capacity of doing civil or miltiary work is extremely limited compared to Pakistan.

It is time we grow up and behave like a HUGE neighbor instead a bickering little maggot.

My observations are based on the body language of Afghanistani security establishment guys who are making a beeline to Islamiabad.

Your concerns are valid.

What I wrote is based on Pak army actions until now.

What happens in near and distant future is all up in the air.

haqqani issue is both military and civlian. While we concentrate on military side, we must look at the civilian side as well.

Haqqani etc. can run back and forth across the border. it depends if the local population in Afghanistan or Pakistan gives them space to operate.

so far it looks like Afghanistani populations not willing to give them space. But it remains to be seen.

it also looks like India too is taking hands off approach in Afghanistan for the moment. Which is a very good thing.

Oh bhai we have to strike while the iron is hot. If we just stop at our border it will not solve the problem.

A terrorist attack will happen a year later and we will be back to square one.

How can the country attract long term investors when terrorist attacks are reported all the time. And for what? Soft diplomacy with Afghanistan while it begins to understand how to create a functioning society which doesnt self implode into a violent, bloody and racial mess??

This is not sustainable. We have to push into Afghan border towns and destroy their bases and this has to be done this year.

Everyone will be flushed out, Haqqani, Bahadur TTP. No one will stay back.

No 'overt' involvement inside Afghanistan even for Fazullah, we should not set any 'example of hot pursuit for any other player to be followed in this region'

OBL is a different case not every nation is US not every target is Osama ....

Oh bhai we have to strike while the iron is hot.
It looks like it. So far.

How can the country attract long term investors when terrorist attacks are reported all the time. .
investor have been pushed away by urdu speaking terrorists in Karachi, and Punjabi speaking terrorists in Southern Punajb LOOOOOOOOOOONG before Talibictch terrorists.

You gotta see the big picture.

Given the fact that elections were peaceful and ANA managed to repulse the sporadic taliban attacks i would not underestimate them that much. It would also be wrong for us to draw any co relation between the Iraqi forces and the ANA. We don't know what their motivation level is and also how seriously USA would take Afghanistan in the future. India would do whatever little it can to provide equipment.

While you make a good point about complete elimination of terrorists through raw force, strategically speaking would that not leave a trust deficit between the two countries? You may go ahead by carrying out strikes against the TTP but if you don't strike the Haqqanis wouldn't that upset Afghanistan?

I think you would be able to secure full cooperation of Afghanistan if you really want to eliminate all of Taliban. No selective targeting.

I think Pakistan with this operation has a great opportunity to kill the disease once and for all by targeting each and every bad guy with cooperation from Afghanistan.

Everyone will be flushed out, Haqqani, Bahadur TTP. No one will stay back.

Hope that is the case. Good luck to Pakistan for the operation.

Back
Top Bottom