What's new

How Afghanistani Gov behavior has changed in the last 2 weeks

When the ops started all the dirty big fishes escaped to Afghanistan.

So far as per ISPR the ops is going well, but big fishes are not in Pakistan & are hiding in Afghanistan.

When the ops started all the dirty big fishes escaped to Afghanistan.

So far as per ISPR the ops is going well, but big fishes are not in Pakistan & are hiding in Afghanistan.

I have heard something similar news/rumors about this "big fish"?

We know about fazlu who is in kurn area

Any other names of the big fish?

Last edited:
I wouldn't be so pessimistic, my friend. Our current budget for 2014-2015 is Rs. 4.3 trillion i.e. $43 billion. Earmarking 150 million a year from this budget would be like a drop in the ocean. It's not about having the money or not having the money, we have the money - for the wall at least. It's the political will to construct it which we lack. Like @FaujHistorian correctly pointed out, the people of FATA have family on both sides of the wall and may not approve of our "peace-fence". Let's not forget all the rallies and dharnas which would also ensue.

Also, as far as the costs go, there has been no feasibility study on the cost of such a project. $3 Billion dollars was a conservative estimate based on the construction cost of the Israel-West Bank barrier for two prime reasons, it was designed to be impenetrable and it's still under construction.

I'd like to point out some misconceptions, this isn't the first time such a wall was suggested. Musharraf wanted to build a wall too, but couldn't for geopolitical reasons.

Next, when a budget is passed, most of the budget is earmarked for a certain project, and a good chunk of the budget goes towards government employee salaries, so the $43 billion dollars is actually quite deceiving. In fact, it's running on a deficit, and to add a potentially billions of dollars more would cripple the economy even more.

There is little financial sense to support the wall right now, Pakistan barely has the money to pay it's bills.

You don't buy a new house, when you can barely afford to pay off your car.

The current strategy should be to build a cantonment and few forts along the border with constant UAV/UCAV support...keep CAS on standby as an option.

Integrate FATA into the mainstream....slowly build the economy and then perhaps we will be able to manage a wall along the Durand.

I would also like to add that this is just the beginning and NW operation is the first step. We'll probably need operations in Karachi, Southern Punjab and Islamabad/Rawalpindi as well...then only sustainable peace can be achieved.

their viewpoint, intentions or behaviour may change to whatever, it hardly matters as they haven't the muscle nor the balls to be sincere and back it up without larger powers propping up their economy and defence budget thru aid. the crucial part is the viewpoint on this side. as evidenced in this thread, the prevailing attitude is one of apprehension and repulsiveness towards afghanistan. hence all these talks of building walls and what not (nevermind the most important stakeholders-pak pakhtuns- would not be in favor of severing economic and familial ties with such eagerness).

why not understand that it is only a perpetual threat in the larger scheme of things if WE want it to be, i.e. if this misplaced fear lingers in the psyche. rather we should collectively be thinking on aggressive terms, as that being our domain, our people and our land. most of us underestimate the opportunities that it can bring if we play our cards right. let puppets pretend to be in control of the strings, meanwhile formulate and carry out the assertiveness which is befitting of Pakistan.

The current strategy should be to build a cantonment and few forts along the border with constant UAV/UCAV support...keep CAS on standby as an option.

Integrate FATA into the mainstream....slowly build the economy and then perhaps we will be able to manage a wall along the Durand.

I would also like to add that this is just the beginning and NW operation is the first step. We'll probably need operations in Karachi, Southern Punjab and Islamabad/Rawalpindi as well...then only sustainable peace can be achieved.

FYI

Two cantonments are planned for the region. One in Swat and the other in NWA

In Swat the land has already been acquired

NWA is next

With the start of Operation Zarbe Azb, Afghanistanis (as per my reading) are finally IMPRESSED by the sheer control that Pak army can exert.

Never they saw an utter dominance the way it has been so far in NWA.

It's all good but the sheer control and utter dominance you are talking about, shouldn't be surprising -- considering that NWA is your own territory to begin with. Unless you are placing a regular Army in their own territory on par with a bunch of ragtags.

Anything otherwise should have been surprising, no?

It's all good but the sheer control and utter dominance you are talking about, shouldn't be surprising -- considering that NWA is your own territory to begin with. Unless you are placing a regular Army in their own territory on par with a bunch of ragtags.

Anything otherwise should have been surprising, no?

So far nothing surprising, but many people were saying other wise. @Zarvan bhai especially

Ofcourse in front of PA these guys are absolutly nothing.

Back
Top Bottom