What's new

History of Vietnam or What do you want to know about Vietnam?

I usually avoid Wikipedia because I am a bit doubtful of its reliability, and because it is open to the public, anyone can edit it's content. Anyhow, thank you for sharing. Learn something new everyday. Cheers!

I'm doubt too, but what is important for me ?
The Family tree of Trần clan is existed. It did not confirmed what Ngô Sỹ Liên has been written in his work.

HI Vietnam comrade,I am from Guangxi Zhuang people.
Do you have any questions?@Viet

I'm doubt too, but what is important for me ?
The Family tree of Trần clan is existed. It did not confirmed what Ngô Sỹ Liên has been written in his work.
Again, very interesting. I would love to see the actual family record of the Trần clan.

Hi there dahuilang942,

Does your screen name mean Big Grey Wolf from a popular children book about a wolf and a sheep?

Zhuang people use Sawndip script which are very similar to Nôm script invented in the 12th Century by Vietnamese and was widely used in the 15th to the 19th Century.

Do you know if Zhuang people have an oral tradition of their origin, if so, please kindly share. I would love to hear it.

Thank you in advance.

HI Vietnam comrade,I am from Guangxi Zhuang people.
Do you have any questions?@Viet

@Rent many Chinese - VNese in the Guangxi border area use neither Chinese or VNese to communicate orally. Instead they use languages of minor ethics who live there, the most common is " tiếng Thổ". I don't know what it called in Chinese or English. Maybe @dahuilang942 can help.

@Rent many Chinese - VNese in the Guangxi border area use neither Chinese or VNese to communicate orally. Instead they use languages of minor ethics who live there, the most common is " tiếng Thổ". I don't know what it called in Chinese or English. Maybe @dahuilang942 can help.

Thank you for the information, xesy.

"Tiếng Thổ" may be translate as "native tongue" in English.

I was hoping that @dahuilang942 could share the oral history of the origin of his people. If he doesn't mind doing so.

Hi there dahuilang942,

Does your screen name mean Big Grey Wolf from a popular children book about a wolf and a sheep?

Zhuang people use Sawndip script which are very similar to Nôm script invented in the 12th Century by Vietnamese and was widely used in the 15th to the 19th Century.

Do you know if Zhuang people have an oral tradition of their origin, if so, please kindly share. I would love to hear it.

Thank you in advance.
--------
Binggo!my name is Da huilang(达 晖郎),same pronunciation as big grey wolf in Chinese,

------------------
40466.6613934028.jpg

this is a inscriptions in my hometown which mix Sawndip& Chinese characters,Dated to 697 AD, the inscription touted the beautiful scenery .

---------------

GIn,người Kinh?

---------------

GIn,người Kinh?
? What do you mean? I am not Kinh BTW. I am Tay. Here is what our traditional woman clothes look like. Maybe you recognize them.
260px-Tay_Women.jpg

duc8815.jpg

To bad young people rarely wear them any more, and even don't know how to speak the native tongue.

i guess there are Gin people.

----------
a food stands in Nanning,Guangxi.“Vietnamese Boy cooking Conch”,In fact there are Gin people.

3367566621367460161.jpg

Last edited:
What do I want to know about VietNam? I would like to know the political and social views of the Vietnamese people here.

Why don't more of you guys take the short political test and copy-paste your results on this thread:

Hey PDF members: Are You Left Wing or Right Wing? Take the Test

There are already plenty of Chinese, Indians and Pakistani members posting their results.

Since VietNam and China have similar political history, I would like to see the comparisons with the new generations, well at least with PDF members.

@NiceGuy @Rechoice @Battle of Bach Dang River @Viet @dichoi @Rent @dahuilang942 @mrfly911 @Carlosa who else??

What do I want to know about VietNam? I would like to know the political and social views of the Vietnamese people here.

Why don't more of you guys take the short political test and copy-paste your results on this thread:

Hey PDF members: Are You Left Wing or Right Wing? Take the Test

There are already plenty of Chinese, Indians and Pakistani members posting their results.

Since VietNam and China have similar political history, I would like to see the comparisons with the new generations, well at least with PDF members.

@NiceGuy @Rechoice @Battle of Bach Dang River @Viet @dichoi @Rent @dahuilang942 @mrfly911 @Carlosa who else??
ha ha ha...what is your intention? tell me where do you come first?

---------------

GIn,người Kinh?
basically yes, gin or jing or kinh people are sinized, unlike other barbarians...or ethnics.

? What do you mean? I am not Kinh BTW. I am Tay. Here is what our traditional woman clothes look like. Maybe you recognize them.
260px-Tay_Women.jpg

duc8815.jpg

To bad young people rarely wear them any more, and even don't know how to speak the native tongue.

Are you Tay in native ethnic group ? very interesting.:cheers:

ha ha ha...what is your intention? tell me where do you come first?

What is my intention? like I said, I'm just interested to know your perspective. I've already posted my result there to let you know my views.

Where do I came from? Leveragedbuyout would probably say that I'm sitting in a university campus in a western country smoking pot, slacking off, and dreaming about some leftist utopia. He would be half right.

Back
Top Bottom