What's new

History of Tibet

Agree, the South Vietnam should belong to the Khmers. And i think they deserve to become free.

Actually South Vietnam was called Champa, their people are called Cham and speak a language called Cham belonged to Malayo-Polynesian family , a language that is closely related to people in Acheh, Indonesia. And the very south in Medkong Delta were Khmer territory.

The Vietnamese were colonists, they conquered the south and ethnic cleansed the Chams and Khmers so much that today, not many southerners speaks Chams or Khmer.

Original Viet territory (yellow), Champa (green) and Khmer (blue) territory.
vietnamchampa1.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

bendera.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Flag for the Champa Independence movement, too bad Vietnamese crushed them completely.

china should help south Vietnam peole to gain independence as soon as possible

China should liberate the world!

Those were nice picture of Tibetans.

If they are so happy (though the pictures did not show happiness on their faces), and all are for the the great development being done for Tibetans, why should China bother about Dalai Lama and be worried about his influence inTibet?

The pictures don't show any love for the Dalai Lama.

Icloo,

Those names in Champa are all Indian names and from the mythology.

Angora Vat is also a Hindu Temple to Vishnu.

Could you explain that?

How is the flag with the crescent and the star and the US type of stripe being shown as the Champa Flag.

In fact, Champa in Hindi means Frangipani!

In fact, Malaysia was Hindu till the Arab traders came and the Sultan's daughter who was critically ill was saved by a hakim.

China should liberate the world!

Those were nice picture of Tibetans.

If they are so happy (though the pictures did not show happiness on their faces), and all are for the the great development being done for Tibetans, why should China bother about Dalai Lama and be worried about his influence inTibet?

The pictures don't show any love for the Dalai Lama.

your indians barely knew these real voice of aspirations from chinese minority nationality .but i am a chinese minority nationality(hui) .so i know everything about chinese minority nationality than an indian man
i know all chinese minority nationality love our motherland china dearly as han nationality bro too.han nationality are our Big Brother for ever.
this is a thread of chinese internal affairs
so your indians and vietnamese must stop to spread rumours and dump rubbish in this thread.

Icloo,

Those names in Champa are all Indian names and from the mythology.

Angora Vat is also a Hindu Temple to Vishnu.

Could you explain that?

How is the flag with the crescent and the star and the US type of stripe being shown as the Champa Flag.

In fact, Champa in Hindi means Frangipani!

In fact, Malaysia was Hindu till the Arab traders came and the Sultan's daughter who was critically ill was saved by a hakim.

Champa and Khmer were under heavy Indu influence, they were using Sankrit script as their writings as far as 19th century when they were conquered by Dai-Viets. This is historical fact we can not dispute, we still see similar writing scripts being used in todays' Cambodia.

At later time most Malayo-Polynesian kindoms in South East Asia converted to Islam, so was Champa.

Chams were totally difference from Vietnamese (who were using Chinese characters before the French helped them with current form of writings), and speaks Acheh-Chamic language totally different Vietnamese.

Champa was a great kingdom and was mentioned in our school history text books.

As for the flag, crescent and star are connected to Islam, and the red and white strip is not solely the right of USA, Liberia and Malaysia also use similar design. If you want to know the correct meaning, I am afraid you have to look for member of the Champa Independence activist, I think they are extinct by actions of Vietnamese armed forces.

Today only 100,000 Chams remained in Vietnam, according to Wikipedia.

The Malacca empire's first sultan was Hindu by religion, he later converted to Islam. Malacca was the entreport between China in the East and India and Arabs in the west. Malacca was under heavy foreign influences from both East and West.

As for the flag, crescent and star are connected to Islam, and the red and white strip is not solely the right of USA, Liberia and Malaysia also use similar design. If you want to know the correct meaning, I am afraid you have to look for member of the Champa Independence activist, I think they are extinct by actions of Vietnamese armed forces.

The Malacca empire's first sultan was Hindu by religion, he later converted to Islam. Malacca was the entreport between China in the East and India and Arabs in the west. Malacca was under heavy foreign influences from both East and West.

Champa was Our vassal.During Mongols empire period, they supported Mongols to invaded VN.So we did not trust them any more, we beat them and start occupied the land .
However, the Champa accepted the Mongol suzerainty 3 years later
But even the limited Cham rule in Panduranga officially came to an end in 1832, when the Emperor Minh Mạng annexed the area..
Champa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Agree, the South Vietnam should belong to the Khmers. And i think they deserve to become free.
Khmer in Cambodia are our Special friend now, they rather stand shoulder by shoulder with VN than letting CHina send some men to massacre them one more time :smokin:

Actually South Vietnam was called Champa, their people are called Cham and speak a language called Cham belonged to Malayo-Polynesian family , a language that is closely related to people in Acheh, Indonesia. And the very south in Medkong Delta were Khmer territory.

The Vietnamese were colonists, they conquered the south and ethnic cleansed the Chams and Khmers so much that today, not many southerners speaks Chams or Khmer.

Original Viet territory (yellow), Champa (green) and Khmer (blue) territory.
vietnamchampa1.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

Yes, Vietnamese conquered Champa. I admit that.
But, Vietnamese never proud with this action. We never give some fake documents or try to prove that "Cham people are Vietnamese" like Chinese have done with Uyghurs, Mongols, Tibetans ...
You know the Medieval time. Every nation must try to conquer other lands or defend their lands from invaders to survive. There are a lot of countries in Malaysia and Indonesia before. Such as 16th Century, there are: Aceh, Melaka, Palembang, Sriwijaya, Kerajaan Merdeka, Pajajaran, Bintara, Majapahit ....
We must conquer Champa to survive through Chinese invasion. Not to mention even Champa usually try to conquer Vietnam too. They are almost successful in 14th Century.
P/S: Chinese don't have to survive from anyone :azn: All they want to do is conquer, conquer, conquer and they proud with it.

Đảo Bạch Long Vỹ;1927254 said:
Yes, Vietnamese conquered Champa. I admit that.
But, Vietnamese never proud with this action. We never give some fake documents or try to prove that "Cham people are Vietnamese" like Chinese have done with Uyghurs, Mongols, Tibetans ...
You know the Medieval time. Every nation must try to conquer other lands or defend their lands from invaders to survive. There are a lot of countries in Malaysia and Indonesia before. Such as 16th Century, there are: Aceh, Melaka, Palembang, Sriwijaya, Kerajaan Merdeka, Pajajaran, Bintara, Majapahit ....
We must conquer Champa to survive through Chinese invasion. Not to mention even Champa usually try to conquer Vietnam too. They are almost successful in 14th Century.
P/S: Chinese don't have to survive from anyone :azn: All they want to do is conquer, conquer, conquer and they proud with it.

Thanks for being honest and not reinventing history to keep to the flavour of the moment as some do!

I don't think the Chinese conquer anybody.

People love them and so they join them so peacefully.

Have you not seen the pictures showing how the Tibetan just love the Chinese and are so keen to become Hans?

And those lovely pictures of Uighurs so happy that the Hans have come to bring civilisation to them and save them?

Don't believe a word of those 'splittists', His Holiness The Dalai Lama or that woman Rebiya Kadeer.

They are Demons who have no idea that the Uighurs and the Tibetans all are Hans actually. Check the Y chromosome, but not the X chromosome (that is of the mother; father is more important. Can't you see how in China ever since the One Child Policy the male child has overshadowed the female child?)

Champa and Khmer were under heavy Indu influence, they were using Sankrit script as their writings as far as 19th century when they were conquered by Dai-Viets. This is historical fact we can not dispute, we still see similar writing scripts being used in todays' Cambodia.

At later time most Malayo-Polynesian kindoms in South East Asia converted to Islam, so was Champa.

Chams were totally difference from Vietnamese (who were using Chinese characters before the French helped them with current form of writings), and speaks Acheh-Chamic language totally different Vietnamese.

Thank you.

That is a very good post since I have learnt something and I will look into it in a little more.

I really appreciate this post and the details.

I would be grateful if you could give more details on this just for information and education in a bland way so that there is no heartburns.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom