What's new

Hindutva outfit launches campaign to ban Fajr Adhan in India

I don't see any problem if some hindus want to put a cork on the word hole ! :lol:

Yes....but what is the demand their campaign is based upon?.

Their demand seems to be from the loud noise that blaring prayer calls from speakers come. From what it is written here and similar articles, they are saying that the noise is a disturbance early in the morning and those who already know the prayers would not need someone to shout into microphones to let them know.

Even Switzerland does not allow minarets on mosques that are there with speakers.

Such things happenes from both sides on very small scale.
I remember muslims attacking hindu temples in past for loudspeakers and now this.

They have a tendency to get violent now and then. Hence they give invitation to aggression like they did in Myanmar.

when Muslims shout using loudspeakers every morning they should know that it would disturb sleep of a majority of people in the society.

Although this is a nothing news and there is no "widespread" protest as the pathetic source claims, this is actually a very reasonable point. Pray quietly, no one is against that but loudspeakers should not be allowed early in the morning.

Their demand seems to be from the loud noise that blaring prayer calls from speakers come. From what it is written here and similar articles, they are saying that the noise is a disturbance early in the morning and those who already know the prayers would not need someone to shout into microphones to let them know.

Even Switzerland does not allow minarets on mosques that are there with speakers.

They have a tendency to get violent now and then. Hence they give invitation to aggression like they did in Myanmar.
Ban on speakers yes yes yes.....have the same problem with religious fanatics in Pakistan.

Ban on speakers yes yes yes.....have the same problem with religious fanatics in Pakistan.

That's what is the problem.

If you want to pray and you have to pray, you will yourself get up and have the sincerity to go and pray. Why disturb those who are not muslim or otherwise?

Right? I mean the other day, I heard this Turkish gentleman raising the same question in Istanbul who said that those who want to pray and feel that they believe in it, will do it automatically and that civil peace should not be disturbed.

No one is banning prayers.

Just the loud noise.

@Rashid Mahmood

Are they asking for prayer ban or ban on using loudspeaker?

Loudspeak ban.

Re-read the article.

But some of the folks here won't even do that because it is wrong as per their own self-imagined religious righteousness. To disturb others early morning.

Loudspeak ban.

Re-read the article.

But some of the folks here won't even do that because it is wrong as per their own self-imagined religious righteousness. To disturb others early morning.

Why I need to re-read the article? I am just cross questioning the OP for his screwed comprehension.

too mch religion is injurious to health

Too much religion is the mains reasons why hundreds of millions have been slaughtered in the past centuries......

That's what is the problem.

If you want to pray and you have to pray, you will yourself get up and have the sincerity to go and pray. Why disturb those who are not muslim or otherwise?

Right? I mean the other day, I heard this Turkish gentleman raising the same question in Istanbul who said that those who want to pray and feel that they believe in it, will do it automatically and that civil peace should not be disturbed.

No one is banning prayers.

Just the loud noise.

Ok then we have to ban the use of loudspeakers during Hindu festivals and the use of church bells.....

Too much religion is the mains reasons why hundreds of millions have been slaughtered in the past centuries......

Ok then we have to ban the use of loudspeakers during Hindu festivals and the use of church bells.....

I don't know. As a Buddhist myself, not one Hindu or any other community has ever come to our area (in Delhi) and told us that we disturb them.

Tell me something, other than the sunday mass, which is well after the time people have gotten up, how many times does the church bell ring?

Or for that matter, except for Shivratri or other such major festivals, I never heard Hindus blaring their prayers at 4:30 am in the morning.

But yeah, I will agree with you that banning of all noise at crack dawn should be the case.

The rest of the day is as such noisy so can't help that.

But not early morning.

So whats the fuss ?

Cant anyone protest on something .. and just because they protest it does not mean they are right or shall be taken seriously.

If anything, this NDA Govt is expected to be more sensitive to such issues and shall not permit the law to be violated by some racial minded Hindus.

The good thing in India is that since the fundamentals are strong even the govt cannot have its way.

This case appears to be an attempt at seeking publicity.

I fully support the ban on loudspeakres when people are sleeping. its a real pain to listen to people blare out their prayers at ungodly hours (no pun LOL)

Zarvan also fully supports the ban as during the Prophet's time there were no loudspeakers and he's strictly against introducting inventions to the prophet's pure religion.

Loudspeakers should be banned at odd hours.
Every one is free to pray but not to create nuisance for others.

I fully support the ban on loudspeakres when people are sleeping. its a real pain to listen to people blare out their prayers at ungodly hours (no pun LOL)

Zarvan also fully supports the ban as during the Prophet's time there were no loudspeakers and he's strictly against introducting inventions to the prophet's pure religion.

Supreme court in 2005 in 'Re: Noise Pollution - Implementation of the Laws for Restricting Use of Loudspeakers and High Volume Producing Sound Systems' case AIR 2005 SC 3136 has held that the right to life includes right to listen or not to listen to any noise and no one can take shelter of Article 19 (1)(a) (freedom of expression) of the Constitution claiming that he has a fundamental right to create noise by amplifying the sound of his speech or music with the help of loudspeakers.

The Central Government in year 2009 brought cinduertain amendment in the Central Acts and Rules relating to environmental pollution showing some concern toward the rampant violation of noise pollution laws.

Under the central rules prohibiting noise pollution a penal provision of imprisonment for a period of five years or fine extending upto Rs. one lakh has been introduced. But unaware of it the State Act of 1963 is still running inconsistent with the central Act as it provides merely for a fine of Rs. 250/- and the law is too outdated as it was last updated on March 1976 according to the infromation provided by the Sate Assembly website.

Even otherwise during marriages, late night parties at farm houses and even in colonies there is scant compliance of prohibitory orders of state government requiring citizens to observe 'Night" during 10 PM to 6AM.

Laws are laid down, decibel levels & timings defined.

Local Govt has to enforce this for all communities. Hindus go crazy during Durga Pooja , Diwali too.

it was never been a issue why it come-up now ? frankly speaking it don't disturb.

if happened,Modi govt might not survive one week more,This is something i atleast do know about the indian muslims

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom