What's new

Hindutva and ISIS are same: Salman Khurshid's house set on fire

Chakar The Great

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Former Law Minister Salman Khurshid’s house in Uttarakhand’s Nainital was vandalised on Monday by a mob to protest against his remarks in a recent book drawing a parallel between Hindutva and terror outfits like the ISIS.

News agency PTI quoted Nainital (City) Superintendent of Police (SP) Jagdish Chandra as saying that a group of people damaged windowpanes and set fire to a door at the house that comes under the Bowali police station area.

Mr. Khurshid posted several clips of the incident on his Facebook page, in which the caretakers can be seen trying to douse the fire. In some of these clips, the protestors could heard using derogatory comments against Muslims and words like “traitors” were used.

“I hoped to open these doors to my friends who have left this calling card. Am I still wrong to say this cannot be Hinduism,” Mr Khurshid asked on Facebook.

In another post, he said, “So such is debate now. Shame is too ineffective a word. Besides, I still hope that we can reason together one day and agree to disagree, if not more”.

Rallying behind Mr. Khurshid, Lok Sabha member Shashi Tharoor tweeted, “This is disgraceful. Salman Khurshid is a statesman who has done India proud in international forums and always articulated a moderate, centrist, inclusive vision of the country domestically. The mounting levels of intolerance in our politics should be denounced by those in power”.

The attack on Mr. Khurshid came just days after the release of his book, ‘Sunrise over Ayodhya: Nationalism in Our Times’, in which he made the controversial comparison between Hindutva and Islamic terror outfits.

The book not only drew sharp criticism from the BJP, but also his colleague, Ghulam Nabi Azad, who had said “the comparison is factually incorrect and an exaggeration”.

However, virtually addressing a training programme of party workers at Maharashtra's Wardha, former Congress chief Rahul Gandhi said Hinduism and Hindutva were not the same things.

Muslims have hundreds and thousands of terrorist groups starting from global terrorists like Al Qaeda and ISIS to regional and homegrown terrorists like Lashkar e Taiba and Taliban.
Hahaha no. These are the words of an uncouth individual that hasnt studied islam at all, probably went on Jerusalem post or some bakwas article he read thats anti islam, and suddenly thinks he knows all. Muh islamic terrorism. If only you knew that Islam does NOT support such activities and actually promotes the opposite. But hey who am i? A muslim that was actually taught about his religion? Pffft whats that in front of someone with wikipedia in front of him.

There is no such thing as muslim terrorists. If you want to associate a religion or follower of a religion to terrorist activities then you buddhists are the worst of the worst. Perhaps you should turn your attention to the persecution of muslims in myanmar by the buddhists...

Obtuse individual smh

Yes Hindutva and ISIS is same but here is the thing.

Hindus have only one terrorist group and that is Hindutva ideology but Muslims have hundreds and thousands of terrorist groups starting from global terrorists like Al Qaeda and ISIS to regional and homegrown terrorists like Lashkar e Taiba and Taliban.
One terrorist group with 8 million members or 100 groups with 10k members, does it make any difference? I will be more concerned about the one with 8 million as they have more potential for destruction.

Former Law Minister Salman Khurshid’s house in Uttarakhand’s Nainital was vandalised on Monday by a mob to protest against his remarks in a recent book drawing a parallel between Hindutva and terror outfits like the ISIS.

News agency PTI quoted Nainital (City) Superintendent of Police (SP) Jagdish Chandra as saying that a group of people damaged windowpanes and set fire to a door at the house that comes under the Bowali police station area.

Mr. Khurshid posted several clips of the incident on his Facebook page, in which the caretakers can be seen trying to douse the fire. In some of these clips, the protestors could heard using derogatory comments against Muslims and words like “traitors” were used.

“I hoped to open these doors to my friends who have left this calling card. Am I still wrong to say this cannot be Hinduism,” Mr Khurshid asked on Facebook.

In another post, he said, “So such is debate now. Shame is too ineffective a word. Besides, I still hope that we can reason together one day and agree to disagree, if not more”.

Rallying behind Mr. Khurshid, Lok Sabha member Shashi Tharoor tweeted, “This is disgraceful. Salman Khurshid is a statesman who has done India proud in international forums and always articulated a moderate, centrist, inclusive vision of the country domestically. The mounting levels of intolerance in our politics should be denounced by those in power”.

The attack on Mr. Khurshid came just days after the release of his book, ‘Sunrise over Ayodhya: Nationalism in Our Times’, in which he made the controversial comparison between Hindutva and Islamic terror outfits.

The book not only drew sharp criticism from the BJP, but also his colleague, Ghulam Nabi Azad, who had said “the comparison is factually incorrect and an exaggeration”.

However, virtually addressing a training programme of party workers at Maharashtra's Wardha, former Congress chief Rahul Gandhi said Hinduism and Hindutva were not the same things.

phake newj, india is a democracy, freedom of speech, free media

it is actually in china, the jealous ones says it’s in india

Hindutva is actually the Hindi word for Hinduism. The '-ism' suffix of English is same as '-tva' suffix in Hindi. The distinction between Hinduism and Hindutva is a creation of scholars which has now acquired common usage. Technically the two words are identical.

The right wing started using the word Hindutva as part of their larger rejection of anything foreign. When it was pointed out that the word Hindu itself was foreign, the word 'Sanatan Dharma' started being used more often and now you will rarely find right wing Hindus using the word Hindutva, which is used mainly by their critics.

When even a moderate Hindu reads about Hindutva (and therefore Hinduism) being equated with other extremist ideologies, he gets riled up. He feels his entire religion is being lumped with extremism because he is not prepared to make the non existent distinction between 'ism' and 'tva'.

This is not to say that Hindu extremism does not exist, but perhaps there needs to be a better word for it. Or just Hindu extremism is ok. I am also not implying that those who burnt Salman Khurshid's house were moderates protesting on semantics. The moderates who are riled up end up being keyboard warriors, while the real lumpen elements do action on the ground. His house would have been burnt even if he chose a more acceptable term.

Yes Hindutva and ISIS is same but here is the thing.

Hindus have only one terrorist group and that is Hindutva ideology but Muslims have hundreds and thousands of terrorist groups starting from global terrorists like Al Qaeda and ISIS to regional and homegrown terrorists like Lashkar e Taiba and Taliban.
hindutva is ideology not an organization.
under hindutva ideology there many groups working against Muslims.their only target is Muslims.its revenge of past Muslim rule and they feel threaten from Islam.
they dont oppose openly Christians because they know their western masters will twist thier tail if they do that.

Last edited:
Aware Humanity says, "Hindutva and ISIS are the same!"..

Hindutva replies, "How dare you say that! We will rape and Lynch you now... Keeeel them, Jai Hind!!"
hindutva is ideology not an organization.
under hindutva ideology there many groups working against Muslims.their only target is Muslims.its revenge of past Muslim rule and they threaten from Islam.
they dont oppose openly Christians because they know their western masters will twist their thier tail if they do that.

RSS is the organization.

Aware Humanity says, "Hindutva and ISIS are the same!"..

Hindutva replies, "How dare you say that! We will rape and Lynch you now... Keeeel them, Jai Hind!!"

RSS is the organization.
Lol talk about proving the point 😂

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom