What's new

Hindus object selling of shoes inscribed with 'Om' in Tando Adam

The reason I am not all for sending this guy to jail is that it is not a part of the religion. My apologies if I offend you but blasphemy is a part of Abhrahmic religions not Dharmic. But now that RW in India who cannot name author of Bhagwat Gita are the thakedars of the religion, things are changing.

I can understand non-Hindus taking pot shots due to their ignorance but it is very tragic that Hindus asking for retribution.

Hinduism does stand for such theatrics. It is based on solid foundations of science. Hindus should stay clear of engaging in such petty fights.

Hindus object selling of shoes inscribed with 'Om' in Tando Adam
By News Desk
Published: June 19, 2016
1SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1125780-shoepic-1466339347-417-640x480.jpg

Picture shows the sandal which is being sold at shops in Tando Adam inscribed with Hindu sacred word "OM". PHOTO: PAKISTAN HINDU COUNCIL

The Hindu community of Sindh is protesting against shopkeepers in Tando Adam city for allegedly selling shoes inscribed with Hindu sacred word ‘Om’.

“Since the last three years on the occasion of Muslim Eid festival, some shopkeepers in Tando Adam are offering shoes on which Hindu religious holy name ‘Om’ is displayed, Patron-in-chief Pakistan Hindu Council Dr Ramesh Kumar Vankwani said on Sunday. “Its purpose is just to insult the sentiments of local Hindus.”

The community has now taken up this issue and demands ban on such articles of shoes that have been causing “insult” to the locals of the area.

Removal of hate material against minorities from curriculum stressed

The picture of the sandal kept circulating on social media as different Hindu community pages posted it.

The shoe has visible inscription of the word “Om”, which the community has termed as blasphemous.

Pakistan Hindu Seva, a group working for religious harmony in the country, has urged the locals of Tando Adam to address this issue by remaining “within the jurisdiction of law to avoid any violence”.

Pak-Hindu-seva.jpg

Statement released by Pakistan Hindu Seva on their Facebook page

“As ‘Om’ is the sacred religious symbol of Hinduism which talks about the oneness of God, let’s protect this oneness peacefully for the progressive and positive face of Pakistan. Let’s appeal the authorities concerned to take notice of the matter immediately to override any expected mistrust within the locals,” said the statement released by Pakistan Hindu Seva.

--------------
Should be removed from the shelf's ... a strict action must be taken against the makers & shopkeepers need to be warned to avoid showcasing, Holy Symbols from any religion should not be used on footwear...
This is shameful and pathetic and Government should take notice and remove the stock from shops

I may not like it, but I think its overreaction... people have pics of jesus .. everywhere.. nobody cares.

It is not overreaction but ignorance. Hindus should learn what the Hinduism stands for and stay clear of such petty fights.

And why should Hindus compare with and follow what other religions do?

Talking about openness of others, one only needs to read the story of Nicolaus Copernicus.

Well I dont really care... OM gives peace of mind...

The wearer would find peace when they watch nice pair of shoes... well some Hindus wont agree with me ... so they can go a head and file a complaint so that the shoes get removed from the store and may be fine the person...

By applying Pakistani blasphemy law is stupidity ... Hinduism doesnt believe in Blasphemy laws... A Hindu is allowed to criticize his gods and his way of life (BUT he must be Hindu) then only we can reform our religion constantly with time thats why we survived for so long...

Well I dont really care... OM gives peace of mind...

The wearer would find peace when they watch nice pair of shoes... well some Hindus wont agree with me ... so they can go a head and file a complaint so that the shoes get removed from the store and may be fine the person...

By applying Pakistani blasphemy law is stupidity ... Hinduism doesnt believe in Blasphemy laws... A Hindu is allowed to criticize his gods and his way of life (BUT he must be Hindu) then only we can reform our religion constantly with time thats why we survived for so long...

:lol: are you sure a Hindu is allowed to abuse his gods?

The reason I am not all for sending this guy to jail is that it is not a part of the religion. My apologies if I offend you but blasphemy is a part of Abhrahmic religions not Dharmic. But now that RW in India who cannot name author of Bhagwat Gita are the thakedars of the religion, things are changing.
if i am not mistaken this law dates back to British India to discourage faiths from insulting each other and cause undue workload for the empire
I am not hell bent on type of punishment but it should be consistent and not discriminatory . say if Allah was written on shoes and the shop run by a member of a minority community then the shop, the shopper and his family and relatives his friends etcv all would have been burnt alive or lynched by now and if somehow they would have escaped the wrath of the faithful (who neither give charity, nor perform any other social obligations preached by their faith) then the law would have sent him behind bars.
a shia guy some time ago wrote something objectionable in face book and he has been jailed fined and he and his family lives in perpetual fear of death and he will most likely get killed in jail.

Being bitch slapped in your own "free" country for 70 years will do that to you. Things that are happening today are nothing but over compensation and refusal to give even an inch for the fear of repeatetion of this cycle for another 70 years.

Ruling class (read Congress and Communists) bent the system to an extent that it broke and what you are seeing today is merely a start for getting even.

They are other form of extremists in the garb of liberals

Back
Top Bottom