What's new

Hindu Temple bars entry of flooded low-caste Hindus

It is no longer a place of worship if it discriminates based on Caste, especially when people need help irrespective of their caste or religion.

Is that a fault of Mandir?? or the management is guilty...
Management should be punished for their act...

Huh :sick:

Is that a fault of Mandir?? or the management is guilty...
Management should be punished for their act...

Huh :sick:
Generally when you complain about the Mandir, you're complaining about the management running it, not the building itself.

This is an outrageous incident and totally unacceptable in Pakistan. I don't know how much we can control it through the laws currently in place, but it should be condemned at the highest level.

Despicable act. Horrifying to think that people cant even forget their caste differences in the worst of times.

Have you ever asked someone to sleep in your house after watching them sleeping on footpath???

If No, have you razed your house to the ground???

No need to get personal.......... I guess you are really riled about thought of temples getting razed :D

To answer your pseudo analogous question

No, I have not offered an unknown stranger to spend a night in my house because

1) It would be a stupid thing to do to invite someone I don't know in my house.

2) I do not claim my house to be a residence of an all loving all benevolent entity with super natural powers that generates tax free revenues all year long.

However, If there was a flood (or any other catastrophe) and I was able to offer any assistance to the suffering people, I would certainly not ask their caste or religion before offering help. They would not be denied help on that basis.

Hope that answers your questions........ :cheers:

I don't know how much we can control it through the laws currently in place, but it should be condemned at the highest level.

I'm unsure about the caste that was discriminated against but the Government of Pakistan accepts distinctions - albeit not about unequal treatment - amongst its Hindu citizens through the concept of Scheduled Castes which includes 40 castes. The Scheduled Castes (Declaration) Ordinance, 1957 was more like an affirmative action policy granting welfare rights, quotas, age relaxation in government jobs, etc. However, it was repealed in 1998 and they were lumped back into minorities and in its 39 years of legal validity, no policy formulation implemented the affirmative action needed to help downtrodden scheduled caste Hindus. The Ordinance was repealed, but Schedules Castes have a single reserved seat in Sindh Assembly and other areas where they are still recognized as a separate entity. Besides discrimination from "upper caste" Hindus, scheduled castes are treated way worse than other religious minorities in the form that they've been denied issuance of NIC as well.

It is however note-worthy, that the only scheduled caste member of parliament, is a Dalit, Senator Dr. Khatu Mal Jeewan. He, of course, is accused by his community of selling off himself and disregarding fighting for their rights.

Back
Top Bottom