What's new

Hindu Republic of India/hindustan ???

that needs a smooth transition from democracy to theocracy. if not Modi, it is the motto of Sanghparivar(as you know).

it'll be hard for aviswasi(non-believer, non-hindu) . they may be forced to live in camps or ghettos for safety while radical Hindus will have a free run! Saffronists will be celebrating the achievement of Raamrajya perhaps by attacking Aviswasis.
Well if you said this you dont Know abt Sangh At all

and that is thanks to Hindus themselves...! would just never learn.
caste system is one of the reasons..
other than that only africa is more diverse than india,so i guess it is natural to some extent
but yes,doesnt mean that it is not our fault..

As a practicing Hindu I would like there to be at least one Hindu country in world however if there was a Hindu country, would we be able to safeguard our minorities like we are now? I think our current constitution and conduct needs to have more Hindu influence but a complete change to a Hindu state especially with a billion people would not work. A Hindu state like Nepal worked because of the smaller population.

Constitution can be amended, but the basic structure of the constitution cannot be changed. The secular character of the nation is very much part of the basic structure.

Basic structure doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And BTW, amending the constitution is the job of the parliament, not the PM. The prime minister cannot wake up one morning and change the constitution. It is the sole prerogative of the parliament of India, who's members represent the citizens of India.
I know that...basic structure.....
still u can amend the name of the country......its nt one of the basic structures......
and yes PM cannot do that but the parliament can with 2/3rd majority......

As a practicing Hindu I would like there to be at least one Hindu country in world ...

Why?

I know that...basic structure.....
still u can amend the name of the country......its nt one of the basic structures......
and yes PM cannot do that but the parliament can with 2/3rd majority......
Look at the OP again. It wasn't simply a name change he was talking about. He was talking about making it a hindu republic, which very much does violate the basic nature of the constitution.

Look at the OP again. It wasn't simply a name change he was talking about. He was talking about making it a hindu republic, which very much does violate the basic nature of the constitution.
what if NAMO one day declare that india is now officially Hindu Republic of India/hindustan ??? what will u do ? (after 2016)
thats what OP said.....to rename it Hindu republic of india/Hindustan.....officially....
we do call this nation hindustan but not officially.....

what if NAMO one day declare that india is now officially Hindu Republic of India/hindustan ??? what will u do ? (after 2016)

just passed 400 posts cool !
Firstly, just why????????

Secondly, to change India's name to "Hindu republic of India" would change the very nature of modern day India. India is a secular nation and always will be.

Pretty sure (if NAMO) has any sense he will be focusing on more pressing issues such as national security and the economy.

Lastly, whyyyyyy?

thats what OP said.....to rename it Hindu republic of india/Hindustan.....officially....
we do call this nation hindustan but not officially.....
He did not use the word "rename". He said what if modi declared it to be a hindu republic, which is not simply a name change.

He did not use the word "rename". He said what if modi declared it to be a hindu republic, which is not simply a name change.
what do u mean by the word hindustan....
in what context is it used ...I think u know well....

caste system is one of the reasons..
other than that only africa is more diverse than india,so i guess it is natural to some extent
but yes,doesnt mean that it is not our fault..

it is totally Hindu's fault..There is "caste system" in every religion of world...but hindus are the only ones that have exploited their own religion so much.....i can't think of any other religion.

what do u mean by the word hindustan....
in what context is it used ...I think u know well....

'Hindustan' was not the only word used. The statement in the first post is very clear - decaring the country to be a hindu republic is not simply a change of name, it is a change of the very character - from a secular republic to a hindu one.

There is no point in us arguing what the OP meant - let him clarify it. From the wording, I can only conclude that it is not simply a name change.

'Hindustan' was not the only word used. The statement in the first post is very clear - decaring the country to be a hindu republic is not simply a change of name, it is a change of the very character - from a secular republic to a hindu one.

There is no point in us arguing what the OP meant - let him clarify it. From the wording, I can only conclude that it is not simply a name change.
there is no secular republic in offical name....
official name of india is ...republic of india.....and he just asked if this could be changed to hindu republic of india...
he never asked to change the secular status as u have pre assumed.....

hmm that would be better....

As a practicing Hindu I would like there to be at least one Hindu country in world however if there was a Hindu country, would we be able to safeguard our minorities like we are now? I think our current constitution and conduct needs to have more Hindu influence but a complete change to a Hindu state especially with a billion people would not work. A Hindu state like Nepal worked because of the smaller population.
There is no minority or majority if your a hindu.the word Hindu means Native of this land.Its not a Religion But its a Freedom Its self .you are free to believe what you want to believe.You free to choose your Deity or you can became an Atheist if you want to be.It is very hard to Understand this complicated phenomenon

There is no minority or majority if your a hindu.the word Hindu means Native of this land.Its not a Religion But its a Freedom Its self .you are free to believe what you want to believe.You free to choose your Deity or you can became an Atheist if you want to be.It is very hard to Understand this complicated phenomenon

That's a bit of a deceitful statement. Are you then saying that there can be no Sri Lankan or American or French hindus ever, only desis can be hindus?

'Hindu' can mean many things. At first it referred to the people in hind, but later it was applied as a collective name for all the religions native to the land (at that time) as well.

It may not be "a" (single) religion, but it does apply as a name for the reigious thoughts and practices as well.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom